Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

Warning Bleeper

You can assume that but hopefully it is just a bad bulb. Sounds like a bad bulb can cause an open circuit in the airbag system. Do a search on pulling the cluster, it's actually a pretty easy thing to do. One thing I would recommend is taking the gauges out from the front instead of messing...
  2. I

Creaking noise when turning the steering wheel

That's your oPINION!:hammer:
  3. I

The Wrong Way To Install an Aussie Locker

Good info, thanks! :thumbsup:
  4. I

Solved 98 mountaineer 5.0 help please!

Glad you found it and thanks for the update!
  5. I

Do you use a radar/laser detector?

Have a few I have a Valentine 1 that gets great range but also gets tons of false hits, it also gets very hot. I also have a Whistler and a cheap Cobra that were given to me and they work fine. Just be aware that if the laser warning goes off it's too late, you have already been hit and will...
  6. I

My ABS Problems Continue

Found another post DJ had about this problem where he listed the tires were the same size and new, along with what he tried scanning with. :(
  7. I

My ABS Problems Continue

Sorry DJ, there must be a difference with 97 and older. I have successfully used Forscan with ABS on my 98 Mountaineer and 2000 Explorer and to find a open circuit with my Airbags on the 2000.
  8. I

My ABS Problems Continue

coolauzie88 has the answer, buy the USB to OBD2 Elm module and download forscan. It is an amazing tool! Does everything a regular scanner does plus ABS and airbag systems and much more that I am still exploring (a little pun intended).
  9. I

How to Wire Auxiliary Reverse lights that come on in reverse

Great video! Been thinking about doing the same thing and your video shows how easy it is. :thumbsup:
  10. I

00 Explorer Limited 5.0 possible Cat problem?

Fuel pump Check your fuel pressure, the port is under the plastic throttle body/accel cable shield at the fuel rail. I would definitely check that before messing with the cats.
  11. I

Blower motor or resistor?

I had a bad ground in my Bronco 2 that caused a similar problem.
  12. I

Ford explorer or JGC

Mmmm, indeed... Made me feel bad until this post. ;)
  13. I

Ford explorer or JGC

Agreed! Just another looser with too much time on their hands...
  14. I

Torsion bar rubbing

Did you ever figure this one out?
  15. I

Traction bars for 2nd gen?

My 2000 and 1998 V8's have the factory traction bars.
  16. I

What is this and is it stock?

I think he is talking about the K&N filter. You can always sell the K&N and purchase the Amsoil version which only requires to be vacuumed out once a year I believe. Converting it back to OEM would likely be cost prohibitive. I know junk yards here in MI are ridiculous on prices, usually just...
  17. I

They claim it provides more horsepower and better mileage. When I foolishly purchased one many years ago for my Ranger it just made it sound throatier. The filter is supposed to basically be lifetime and can be cleaned. After it is dry it gets a very light coating of oil. I also spray out...
  18. I

It's a K&N "induction" kit. Pricey and basically just makes the truck sound better. If it was already there I would keep it, just my opinion.
  19. I

factory option mods?

Guess it can be done, thanks vroomzoomboom! And for the links! :salute::salute:
  20. I

factory option mods?

Not sure about EATC but I'm fairly certain the PCM on the 97 does not have the output capability for the message center. Much cooler is the Torque app and a OBD2 Bluetooth adapter mentioned above.
  21. I

Recycled my lights/Filled holes

I was wondering the same thing...
  22. I

i call her the FIGHTING PANDA

Very cool! Nice mods! I really like the AR/storage box, do have any plans you can post?
  23. I

Front end humming noise CV or Bearing?

How many miles do you have on them? Pretty darn good price, nice find! :thumbsup:
  24. I

Torsion bar rubbing

Unfortunately anything vehicle related is very expensive here in Michigan. The junk yards here want top dollar for the same rusty crap you are trying to replace! I have found it is usually best to just buy new... And that is the way our vehicles look after about 10 years up here. :(
  25. I

new guy has a few questions

Spend some time searching the forum There is a huge wealth of info in here! Most of your questions are a matter of personal opinion. I would run the 4.0l into the dirt before I did a swap. The factory horsepower is actually pretty close between the two, again use the search feature...
Back