Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Water pump failure leads to dead engine

Replaced my engine..$2,400, used engine. Explorer feels good and now I’m getting better gas mileage. Was getting between 18-20 street and highway and now I’ve been about 20-25. :chug:
  2. P

I mean I loved the Explorer up until this issue. It gave no warning sign and luckily I was almost home when it was failing. I put myself on the class action lawsuit that they have for the engine design so if anything I hope I get the money back I put into fixing it
  3. P

Keith N, I had 145,000 miles 80% highway with not much brake tapping. Oil changes regularly and maintained well. I work with mechanics who are familiar with ford and they said even with that many miles it still shouldn’t have killed the engine. Usually other cars you just replace the pump and...
  4. P

YAY!!!! My engine is done lol. I was in love with your Explorer and wanted to get you a younger sibling, maybe 2020, but now that you've let me down I don't know.. It's such a pain looking for an engine! I have a 2011 and definitely don't want to spend more than $3,500 to fix it since I will...
  5. P

Dirver's Power Seat Tilt Issue

I Googled and searched the threads but did not find something identical to me. 2011 Explorer XLT My driver's side power seat is acting up. I can go forward, back, up, down. I can lean the seat back, BUT it stuck now. I can not bring the seat back up from the leaning back position. I've see...
  6. P

5th Generation Cleaning, Detailing, Waxing. #CleanCarDay - Show off your cleaned Ex

Working with mechanics that work on Ford, they've recommended to not blast water in a Ford's engine. He said Ford's don't do well when we do that. I'm getting ready to do a deep detail for our 11 Explorer and 17 Civic. Both have bad hard water spots from these dumb sprinklers that hit the...
  7. P

The Detailing Thread

The vinegar/water combo didn't seem to work for me. It's from sprinklers. This street has nothing but hard water water wasters. It's so annoying to try and find a spot where I can park where it doesn't get wet. I do not have driveway parking. This is what I just got for Christmas, but if I...
  8. P

The Detailing Thread

Just recently got a Torq for Christmas since I've been wanting to detail my White Explorer. I was so excited! I've polished cars before, but just basic jane. This time I need a good detail and was thinking it would be easy. But after trying to figure out what to do and how many different...
  9. P

The Great Mystery of the Shaking SteeringWheel!

My 2011 started shaking like crazy! Before it started shaking when I would stick at 55/60 mph, then 60/65 then 60-70, then all the time, it wouldn't stop. I put new shocks and had a mechanic look at it and apparently my differentials were cracked. So I changed them out and the shaking has...
  10. P

Shake or shimmy in front end.

Well I guess I had it better than a lot of people but now my shaking/vibration is getting really annoying lol. I started feeling it about 4 months ago, kind of brushed it off thinking I needed to get an alignment. It got worse, so I did a wheel balance, nothing changed. Just changed my...
  11. P

2011 xlt cam position sensor P0344

Well, I have been trying to search specifically for the newer generation solution for this issue. I've come up on older vehicles that have this code, but not the newer Fords. My 2011 Ford Explorer XLT came out with the code P0344 which is "Camshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Intermittent Bank 1...
  12. P

Lowering the Explorer

Alright! I finally did it! I lowered my 2011 Ford Explorer XLT..looks like it got about 2 in the back and about 1.something in the front. I can't post photos on here through this computer, but I'm going to try and do it when I get home. It closed the gap pretty well considering I have the...
  13. P

Finally..shocks/sturts/lowering springs

Alright I got it done!! I am trying to transfer the pictures onto my computer but I cannot so I will have to do it at work tomorrow!! I lowered my 2011 Ford Explorer XLT with the 18" alloy rims. Installed the Monroe Shocks and Struts as well. It gave me about a 2" drop in the back :)...
  14. P

22" Wheels For Explorer

A lot of online rim stores say the 22x10.5 is going to be to big for the front..what does it feel like for you?
  15. P

Maybe I shouldn't lower mine! I still have the 18" XLT rims and tires so I'm thinking it's going to have a lot of gap and look a little weird. With the larger tires and rims it just looks nicer. And dang! That is a nice drop with those rims.
  16. P

How does a person know when the springs settle? I usually take it at angles already, but sometimes I do go straight it and hear it scrape :(. I have the 18" XLT rims not the 20" so I'm wondering if it's going to be a huge difference for me.
  17. P

Well my stock springs have been leaking so I finally decided to order some shocks. I thought I might as well get struts too and the lowering springs. The only thing that sucks is there are not many brands to choose from!! It's either the Ford brand (which I am not fond of) and Monroe (which...
  18. P

Rear Shocks Replaced

No, I don't tow or carry anything heavy. I drive a lot of fwy/hwy. My parents sold me the car at 40,000 miles about 7 months ago so I've already put 16,000 miles on it. Damn, $700!? What kind of struts/shocks are those that you're getting? I have never heard of those. Have you used...
  19. P

Rear Shocks Replaced

Same thing with me but I'm barely at 56,000 miles!!!!!!!!! My Mazda3 lasted over 100,000 miles with her shocks and I know I rode a little rougher with her!! They must not have a good brand...LOVE my Explorer but I may head back to Mazda if I keep having maintenance issues early on.
  20. P

Lowering the Explorer

Anyone able to find the springs cheaper than $213!?!? I have a couple hours left to decide on whether or not I should purchase these springs for $213
  21. P

Aftermarket wheels

I'm debating on these! Either 20" or 22". Just don't know exactly what I need besides the springs when lowering it. I hope you guys can see the image..i'm using Photo Bucket.
  22. P

Wax & Cleaner Recommendations

I am so excited to get this going. I ordered some products from Amazon, the Husky floor liners, soft lint free towels, leather cleaner and conditioner. I bet a lot of people compliment your Explorer! My dad had a BMW, kept it clean all the time, and when my parents turned it in three years...
  23. P

Now when you say plastics and rubbers it's below the door and below the bumper? I think that's the area we use amoral, but if Lexol VinylX doesn't leave that shine, I'm definitely going to purchase a bottle. Now when you buff like the devil, doesn't too much scrubbing wear out the dashboard...
  24. P

How do you detail and keep your Explorer clean? Well, since I've taken over my mom's Explorer June 2014, I have not done anything to it besides doing a basic wash. I never had a vehicle with leather and since I drive a lot, I'm noticing that my seat is doing the typical leather cracking or...
  25. P

Seat Covers

I'm also looking for seat covers, but something a little cheaper. I occasionally drive for Lyft and since my seats are leather I want to have a little more protection. Mainly for the back seats. I've seen the swapmeet kind and that is a little cheap to me and ugly lol.
Back