Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

2015 Explorer Storm Chasing Install/Mods

$550 to paint a grill? A body shop did mine for $75. Course I took it off the truck and delivered it to them.
  2. T

Your electrical system should be fine. Well, Im assuming you will be going with all LED warning lights? If so, they have very minimal amp draw, and your radios ( you can only talk on one at a time) dont draw that much either so I dont see a problem.
  3. T

If you need a console for your truck, I have a Havis console that I had in my Explorer for only 6 months. Shoot me a PM. Its this console: http://www.havis.com/products/CON_VS_16TMS_0DG_HC_EXPL_11_15-42001-82.html
  4. T

Routing Through Firewall

I ran my wires thru the grommet that holds the washer fluid line for the rear window. Its a ******* to get too, but I found if you unclip the line from all the clips in the engine compartment, you can pull the grommet into the passenger compartment and that gives you a little more slack. Make...
  5. T

Seat Covers

BXTF, They do provide a little extra cushioning but I don't know if it would be enough for you or not. They hold up well. I just removed a set from my GMC pickup that I had in for 12 years and they gave me no problems. As far as concerns from others concerning side airbags, these...
  6. T

Aftermarket radio interface kit

I have this for sale: http://www.metraonline.com/part/99-5828CH If you want to add an after market radio this kit works great. I had it in my truck for 5 months and removed it to sell the truck. It integrates a new radio and make it look OEM. Your able to retain the Ford Sync as well...
  7. T

2014 Explorer base model radio upgrade

I bought a base model just so I could customize it the way I wanted. I replaced the radio with an in dash radio with touch screen and navigation. I purchased this http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120995828C/Metra-99-5828CH-Dash-Kit-Gray.html to install and give a factory look. Was able to...
  8. T

switched fuse in engine fuse panel?

There is a rubber grommet in the firewall, on the right side way up high. The hose for the washer fluid for the rear window goes thru it. Its very difficult to get to and work with but it is possible. I found if you unclip that hose from all the retainers under the hood it will give you a...
  9. T

flashing third brake light

Im not so sure. I know the state code is written for motorcycles to be able to flash their brake lights, but it can only do so for no more than 5 seconds then must go steady red. I cant find anything in the code that allows passenger cars to do it.
  10. T

2011+ Interceptor Utility Interchangeability

The headlights in the police explorer DO NOT come predrilled unless it is ordered that way.
  11. T

2011 explorer need advice, P0300, P0301, P0305

I have always been a GM person. Loved my GMC trucks. Never had a bit of problem with them. In June I bit the bullet and bought my first Ford- a base Explorer. Haven't had any problems so far, but Im really having 2nd thoughts after constantly reading stories on this site about problems...
  12. T

Adding Fog Lights on Base Pre 2016 Model

I dont see a plug anywhere so I think Im out of luck.
  13. T

I dont have the manual. I just saw the parts info online somewhere...
  14. T

I do not have the switch yet. I was hoping the connections for the driving lights would be somewhere along the harness but I cant find any empty connections anywhere. In the schematics for the factory driving lights there is a pigtail that connects the light to the factory harness, but I cant...
  15. T

Adding factory options post purchase?

Ive posted before about adding things and never gotten an answer, particularly concerning the OEM fog lights on a base Explorer. I need to know if the wiring harness on the base explorer has the plugs to accept the fog lights. I know the headlight switch has to be changed out. I just need to...
  16. T

Traffic control lighting/police lights options/opinions?

True. The purple lighting options are limited.
  17. T

Traffic control lighting/police lights options/opinions?

http://www.whelen.com/pb/Automotive/Catalogs/Police_Lighting_Package_Interceptor_Utility.pdf These things will fit stock explorer too.....If you were closer I could help you as far as purchasing and installing if needed.
  18. T

How hard to remove front bumper

Not hard to remove just have to be aware there are a couple hidden screws in the fender wells on each side.
  19. T

Ordered a 2015 Sport.. Black Exterior/Sienna Interior

The worst that can happen now is it falls off the train :D
  20. T

Seat Covers

http://www.wetokole.com/ I have them and love them. Have had them on previous vehicles. I absolutely hate the light tan color of my seats. I got the black with gray center and it looks much better.
  21. T

Upgrade 2014 Explorer headlights

There are a lot of topics on here about the headlights if you do a search. I myself upgraded to the Sylvania zXe headlights. They are an improvement but overall the light output/pattern sucks..
  22. T

Front grille removal

In all honesty its easier to remove the entire front fascia from the vehicle and then remove the grill. Thats what I did when I painted my grill. Its only a matter of a few bolts and pins on top, some screws underneath the facia, and a couple hidden screws along the wheel well. But it comes...
  23. T

highbeam problems

Mine does the same thing. On high beam the lights project a very distinctive vertical line shining up in the trees. Its really annoying as I want the light to project down the road. On a side note, I did just install the Sylvania xZe bulbs and its not as bad. They do provide more usable...
  24. T

More power for 3.5

Im sure this has been covered before but a search didnt give me the results I was looking for. I have a base 2014 Explorer. Around town the vehicle does ok but this past week I was able really test out the motor while driving from Virginia to Indiana. I was not impressed. In the mountains...
Back