Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

4406 Swap Clarification - Speedo

I've read all the threads, but there is sometimes conflicting/confusing info regarding the speedometer gears. I'm hoping someone can clarify for me. I have a 1997 XLT 5.0 AWD and have picked up an early 4406 from an F150. I believe the transfer case is from a 1997, and it does have a visible...
  2. R

Ryan87LX's Build Thread: Dora the Explorer

Okay, I've put this off for long enough - here's my build thread. Flashback to August of 2014: I sold my 1989 Bronco because I needed something with (kind of) 4 doors and (mostly) rear shoulder belts for growing kids. The Bronco was my DD and I did a ton of work to it. Instead, I...
  3. R

Body Lift: Body Bushing Updates

I've been scrolling through posts on body lifts and body bushings. I'm planning a 4406 swap and a 3"BL. I can pretty much guarantee that my current body mount hardware will be seized up tight. I see the aftermarket body mount bushings, but the hardware seems to be an issue. Is there a...
  4. R

Is this A/C Connector broken?

Finally replaced the blend door in my Ex. Even though the blend door is working, my AC is only slightly cooler than the vent. I have a friend who is an AC tech and can test/recharge the system for me, but as I was inspecting the hoses I came across this. IMG_3736 by Ryan87LX, on Flickr...
  5. R

Is this the easiest 4406 for my swap?

I recently picked up a BW4406 manual transfer case from another member here - it was sort of on a whim. After reading more about the speedometer issue I went out and took a closer look. My Ex is a 1997 5.0 AWD. Will my current speed sensor connect to this transfer case, and will my speedo...
  6. R

Help With 97 5.0 A/C & P/S Bracket

I'm in the midst of a water pump replacement that led to a broken bolt and timing cover/timing chain refresh. I'd really like to move the P/S and A/C bracket out of the way to see a bit better, but it doesn't appear that there is a lot of movement available in the A/C lines. Does anybody...
  7. R

Rear Door Lock Problem

Hello all, I just replaced the 'door ajar' switch and power door lock actuator on the REAR driver's side door in my 97. I put it all back together and tested it. Light comes on, door lock and unlocks. Then I noticed this: The inside door handle will open the door if the door is...
  8. R

Dorman Shackle Bushings Q

I'm surprised I can't find this info here, but perhaps I'm looking for the wrong thing. My rear spring shackles rusted away, and I'm replacing them with the Dorman kit that comes with new bushings. I had to remove my stock frame bushings because the bolt had rusted to the metal sleeve. To...
  9. R

Good Quality AAL

Hello all, Extended shackles are illegal in my neck of the woods, so I'm considering a simple AAL/TT to get a bit of air under my rig. Is there a good AAL on the market that people use? I did search, but the results were overrun with folks who also did shackles. Thanks! (97 AWD 5.0 4 door)
  10. R

Ranger Airdam on 1996 Explorer Bumper?

Will this airdam from a Ranger: fit on a stock 1996 Ford Explorer bumper? The steel parts look very similar to me. I searched, but couldn't find an answer. Maybe I'm using the wrong search term? This was a stock Ranger air dam, I think.
  11. R

Hello From Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

I don't own an Explorer, my current rig is a 1989 full-size Bronco. It's almost where I want it.... and now it's probably time to get rid of it. I'm in need of more doors and (mostly) rear shoulder belts. I feel like a gen 2 Explorer would be a good fit, and this seems to be the place to...
Back