Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Sonny1597

Upgrade Torsion Bars?

After about two ears of trying to convert my 2001 Explorer Sport to coil overs I gave up. Nobody makes the brackets anymore. So I then tried to get better shocks but what I had on the Ford was as good as it was going to get. I went so far as to call ARB in Australia about Ford Rangers and...
  2. Sonny1597

2001 Sport to Coilovers

Got Em! Thanks you very much!
  3. Sonny1597

2001 Sport to Coilovers

Try as I may I can't find a current listing for a person or vendor that can make the brackets necessary for the coil over conversion. Desert Rat here in Tucson has done a few of these conversions in the past on Rangers. Does anyone still make these brackets? If this info is out there can...
  4. Sonny1597

Transmission Question?

Nope! BW 1354 is in all 2001's .. I have the factory build sheet on it
  5. Sonny1597

Transmission Question?

Just got back from a 4X4 training class out in the Anza Borrego Desert. In sand I bogged down .. we were doing an exercise using 4H and low gear .. but once stuck I floored it and the engine reved and the tires didn't move. I had to shift to 4L and low and then the tires broke loose with the...
  6. Sonny1597

Superchips Flashpaq problem!

I ordered a Flashpaq tuner for my 2001 Sport .. They said I could change my gear ratios and tire size so my speedo would be correct .. plus it would also allow my different engine tunes and shift points! Well, it did none of those things and after a lengthy discussion with Superchips they...
  7. Sonny1597

Superchips Fastpaq programmer

Well, my outcome is better at the moment. The Ford failed emissions, they couldn't even see the computer. Local Ford Dealer wouldn't reprogram my ECM .. car was too old and too many miles .. found a shop that did reprogramming and that finally got my back to normal .. sofar. I redid the...
  8. Sonny1597

Help

The emissions place form says 'The vehicles computer is 'not ready' to be tested as reported' .. the guy said basically there is no data in the pcm .. I will check the fuse though .. .at this point I'm ready to do anything.
  9. Sonny1597

Help

I have a 2001 Explorer Sport 2dr. I've got 265/75 16's for wheels and I recently did the axels from 3.73's to 4.10's. To try and get my speedo right I bought a Superpack Flashpaq for the Ford. It says it can do speedo corrections and shift points and engine mappings, etc. Well, it did none...
  10. Sonny1597

Sorry for the delayed response but the site was down. And in the mean time I got the window/door thing fixed .. it was worn parts .. and a transfer case service fixed the other problem. The cat thing though, that never happened before. I took my exhaust from the headers back and replaced 4...
  11. Sonny1597

I bought one of these because it was supposed to be able to adjust my speedometer with the gear changes I did as well as the bigger tires. Well, it could do none of this. I worked with their tech support and found that basically all they advertise was not available for the 4.0 SOHC .. so word...
  12. Sonny1597

3in body lift and 2in tt pictures! 2gen explorers

If that doesn't work send me your email and I'll drop you a few pics of my build.
  13. Sonny1597

3in body lift and 2in tt pictures! 2gen explorers

Did you look in the media gallery? Mine is in there. Oops! I think you have to be Elite to be able to view the gallery. Try it anyway.
  14. DSC_9405

DSC_9405

15. DSC_9406

DSC_9406

16. DSC_9407

DSC_9407

17. DSC_9408

DSC_9408

18. Sonny1597

3.73 Gears for Ford 8.8 and Dana 35 ifs

Changed out the gears in my 2001 Sport 2dr to 4.10's. I add a Detroit True Trak at the same time so the rear carrier is included. These have 200K miles on them and appear to be in good shape according to the mechanic that did the swap at Desert Rat, $200 + shipping.
  19. IMG_1514

IMG_1514

Had to cut the tire holder .. a piece of frame that was shaped to the spare .. but had to go for the new bumper ... torch!
  20. IMG_1518

IMG_1518

Rear bumper and carrier mounted
  21. IMG_1521

IMG_1521

22. IMG_1508

IMG_1508

Priming and then coating all the metal with a bed liner type coating .. tough stuff!
  23. IMG_1509

IMG_1509

24. IMG_1511

IMG_1511

Cutting the frame horns. Tried a cutoff tool but it was to slow .. torch worked much better.
  25. IMG_1528

IMG_1528

Winch installed
Back