Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Sonny1597

2001 Sport to Coilovers

Try as I may I can't find a current listing for a person or vendor that can make the brackets necessary for the coil over conversion. Desert Rat here in Tucson has done a few of these conversions in the past on Rangers. Does anyone still make these brackets? If this info is out there can...
  2. Sonny1597

Transmission Question?

Just got back from a 4X4 training class out in the Anza Borrego Desert. In sand I bogged down .. we were doing an exercise using 4H and low gear .. but once stuck I floored it and the engine reved and the tires didn't move. I had to shift to 4L and low and then the tires broke loose with the...
  3. Sonny1597

Superchips Flashpaq problem!

I ordered a Flashpaq tuner for my 2001 Sport .. They said I could change my gear ratios and tire size so my speedo would be correct .. plus it would also allow my different engine tunes and shift points! Well, it did none of those things and after a lengthy discussion with Superchips they...
  4. Sonny1597

Help

I have a 2001 Explorer Sport 2dr. I've got 265/75 16's for wheels and I recently did the axels from 3.73's to 4.10's. To try and get my speedo right I bought a Superpack Flashpaq for the Ford. It says it can do speedo corrections and shift points and engine mappings, etc. Well, it did none...
  5. Sonny1597

Superchips Fastpaq programmer

I bought one of these because it was supposed to be able to adjust my speedometer with the gear changes I did as well as the bigger tires. Well, it could do none of this. I worked with their tech support and found that basically all they advertise was not available for the 4.0 SOHC .. so word...
  6. Sonny1597

3.73 Gears for Ford 8.8 and Dana 35 ifs

Changed out the gears in my 2001 Sport 2dr to 4.10's. I add a Detroit True Trak at the same time so the rear carrier is included. These have 200K miles on them and appear to be in good shape according to the mechanic that did the swap at Desert Rat, $200 + shipping.
  7. Sonny1597

Dana 'Super' 30 IFS 4.10 gear Set and Kit

Bought these to convert my front Dana axle which at the time was thought to be a Dana 'Super' 30 IFS .. turns out I had a stock Dana 35. The place where I got them would not take them back due to time. Both the Ranger and the Explorer use this axle as well as some Jeeps. As it says from 2001...
  8. Sonny1597

3.73 Gears for Ford 8.8 and Dana 35 ifs

I went with 4.10 gears in my 2001 Explorer Sport 2Dr with 200,000 miles on it. These are original and in good shape according to the mechanic at Desert Rat. I also went with a Detroit True Trak and that's why the carrier. $200 plus shipping.
  9. Sonny1597

Dana 'Super' 30 gears

Been playing hell with my front IFS .. the 2001 Ford door tag says I have a Dana 35 front .. not so .. I have the Dana 'super' 30 IFS ... Peterson's 4Wheel and Off Road did a good article on this axle .. it's rare, not that it means anything ... just a bit smaller then a Dana 35. My problem is...
  10. Sonny1597

Dana 35 IFS 2001 Explorer Sport

I've researched putting in a locker in my front Dana 35. After much searching on the pages here and thru other sources I came up with the Aussie Locker as a good way to go. I had previously ordered an E-Locker and was going to have 4Wheel Parts put it in but when it came in it would not fit...
  11. Sonny1597

Been Away!

I still have my 2001 Explorer Sport 2Dr .. now has 183K on it and I've added a Lock Right to the rear 8.8 and I have Rancho 9000's all around as well as 1 1/2" spacers on all corners. Running BFG Ko2's 265/75 16". Main problem I have is not being able to buy anything for my rig. I tried...
  12. Sonny1597

New Poster

Just found this site and decided to join to see what I can learn. I bought a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr 4WD 8 years ago with 87K on it. The fellow I bought it from had re-sprung the rear and had done a few more things to it. I added a locker in the rear and Rancho's all around. It now...
Back