Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

99 Sport build progression

Right. Well I was thinking the same thing at first (that its just a tt), my only thing is (from looking at a ton of pictures of other explorers) it seems like the other SOA explorers sit too high in the rear to match the lift in the front without using a superlift or SAS in the front. (Check...
  2. M

99 Sport build progression

Hey there, I know this is an older thread, and your Explorer doesn't look like this anymore.. but I was wondering if this was really just coil overs up front with a Spring over in the rear? It looks like it's sitting pretty much level and I'm super impressed! How did it ride / handle set up...
  3. M

@MM.4x4.Explorer

For Sure!! I only went twice last year also, Just when we went , then once with my friend with the Jeep.... that was it.
  4. M

2022 Colorado Color Run

Yeah! (I'm hoping to get my 93 Explorer running good enough this spring, so I can drive it / off road more this year!) I haven't made it down to Ouray so that'd be fun if I can! - Matthew (Not Matt..)
  5. M

@MM.4x4.Explorer

I haven't really been on the forum much recently (Posting at least, I'm on it multiple time a day! Lol), I want to be on here more this year than I have been before... Anyway, just a brief update, I wheeled the 93 Explorer a few times last summer (I'm happy with how it does), the only thing is...
  6. M

@MM.4x4.Explorer

Figured I'd do an update on the Explorer(s) since it's been a while since I made this page. I have been working on the 93 Explorer on and off over the past two months, (Between work and the weather, since It's parked outside). I still have some more to do to it before It will be "drivable."...
  7. M

@MM.4x4.Explorer

YES!!
  8. M

@MM.4x4.Explorer

1/8/2021 - First "Mod" Completed already: (I took off the bumper valance (I think that's what it's called)), and it already looks better! 1/8/2021 - First "Big Step" into the build: Yesterday evening (1/8) The night I got it, I ordered a lift kit for it! Today (1/9) I got an email saying it's...
  9. M

@MM.4x4.Explorer

Hello! I Made my account here on EF For a few years now, I've responded to a few threads here and there, but I finally did the Elite Explorer deal (2 for 1) this last November, and I'm Glad I did! (Especially Now!) Ever since I was little, I loved our families 97 2 door Explorer we bought in...
  10. M

question about 96 & 98 5.0 VSS/OSS

I have a 97 sport 4x4 (4.0 ohv) with the 5 speed auto. anyway, is there any way to bypass the vss in the transfer case and use the abs sensor from the rear axle? Then program it for whatever size tires I have/ever decide to put on the truck? (So basically change it from the 97 system with the...
  11. M

2020 Official Colorado Color Run

I know I was a maybe but it turns out I won't be able to make it... I have a small lawn mowing business and I just picked up an additional 25 lawns (on top of what I do each week) for the rest of the season (and I'm about to start aerating so add that in also... I really wanted to go, but...
  12. M

My Explorer Sport Build

It was fun! I can't wait to go back on the 13th! (It was nice to get up to the mountains! It's been way too long...)
  13. M

My Explorer Sport Build

The other day (Friday) I went up to Rainbow Falls in the afternoon for a little bit. I did part of Illinois Gulch. (I started at the top where some people were camping and got to the "mini moab" about 15/20 minutes down the trail, then came back. There were some people in a new Jeep that I...
  14. M

2020 Official Colorado Color Run

I am a maybe. If I get 31s this summer I think I will go, but I'll be the least capable rig there (and I don't want to break anything trying to keep up, or slow the group down...) Also, I would camp in the forest also. (We could get a group to do that in the same spots every night?)
  15. M

Planning EF's 25th anniversary runs in 2021

I am in Colorado and just have a stock 2nd gen 4x4, but I'll totally attend a off road trip!
  16. M

My Explorer Sport Build

Thanks Guys! and Sounds good! I'll defiantly keep an eye on these threads and try to make it up there in June! (I don't see why I wouldn't be able to make it as of now).
  17. M

Tire size question

That looks nice! Just wondering, what MPG are you getting with them?
  18. M

Slowly Going Away

If I could find a 4.0 OHV adapter plate and had $2K laying around I totally would! (Hopefully in a few years.....)
  19. M

My Explorer Sport Build

I'm in also in Colorado with a 97 Sport 4x4... We should head up to the mountains this summer! Nothing too crazy (mines stock), but maybe somewhere northwest of co springs? I just don't want to break anything or ding up the body. I did a slight TT and shackles to level it out, and put 4 door...
  20. M

Slowly Going Away

Mine still needs some TLC, but I'm never going to get rid of it. No questions asked. Everyone tells me its just a ford explorer, or that I could always buy another one, but all that does is motivate me to keep it. (I'm debating whether or not I should put 31s on it or keep the stock 235s when...
  21. M

2nd Gen LED Light Bar

Here's mine. 1997 sport 4x4. Sitting stock (for now...) I'll do a forum page on it one of these days. I got the light bar for free from a friend of mine when he upgraded his (I already had the wires to hook it up), I got the grille guard at a local junkyard for $30, and I got the cb antenna for...
  22. M

Project Pale Rider 2.0 98 XLT Budget trail rig

What MPG do you get? I really like it!
  23. M

Show Your Flex (2nd Gen IFS)

Here's some pictures from this fall, it's stock and it did great!
  24. M

Sport Trac 3.7L V6 swap

haha - How much would you charge to do this swap for me? I have a 2nd gen sport :thumbsup:
  25. M

Colorado Color Run 09/2018

That's awesome, what day were you up there? I did see the main parking lot when I was leaving, oops on my part for not looking at the map close enough. I had plans for the 15th already, but I might have to change that and meet you up there)
Back