Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

1996 Transmission Issues

Hi, my username is Mainman407. My vehicle is a 96 Explorer XLT (2/4WD) with a 4.0 LT engine. For a minute I thought that I had a broken driver did motor support. When starting my engine, the driver's side feels as if it raises up, but I cannot see any physical damage to the support. I also...
  2. M

How to: Diagnosing DPFE Sensor (P0401 and P0402) with Scan Tool

Traveler; My symptoms are almost identical to what you have described in your post. My DPFE is plastic, and if my memory serves me correctly I replaced it as well. when I was experiencing issues with what I thought to be the MAP Sensor. While I did not replace the EGR valve at that time but I...
  3. M

How to: Diagnosing DPFE Sensor (P0401 and P0402) with Scan Tool

Btexpress; While this DPFE discussion probably old hat, I have been experiencing a similar issue on my 96 Explorer XLT. Some time ago I had my EGR valve replaced. I think they also replaced the EGR valve regulator as well. Anyway, after installing the new EGR valve my vehicle ran rougher than...
  4. M

Okay, ladies and gentleman, my update is this: My 96 Ford Explorer XLT is still running (knock...

Okay, ladies and gentleman, my update is this: My 96 Ford Explorer XLT is still running (knock on wood).
  5. M

96 Explorer Trans issues

Konstan; I'm not totally new to Explorer forums, as a matter of fact, I was an Elite Member then just fell through the cracks of threading. Anyway, I have viewed multiple transmission Youtube transmission videos in an attempt to discover the transmission code vor my 96 Explorer XLT. Some sites...
Back