Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

How To: Upgrade and Beef-up 5R55W/S Transmissions

Nice job, it does seem a little pricey for a vehicle that doesn't have much of a re-sale value though....$4500 would buy a nice Explorer where I live....running.
  2. L

Can you add a dipstick?

All i wanted to know is: can I add a dipstick on my tranny, sparkly or not, LOL. Another forum site states their is a kit from ford to add a dipstick for $100 +/-. I havent looked at it that close, maybe i can just add a dipstick from a salvage vehicle....
  3. L

Can you add a dipstick?

ok Ok, if the dipstick does fit in the tranny pan, it should work. So does the "other" stock ford tranny pan have a dipstick straight to the pan?
  4. L

Can you add a dipstick?

Tranny Dipstick The tranny I have does not have a dipstick at all. I want to add a dipstick if possible. That "kit" looks more lie just a deeper pan and a sparkly tube....?
  5. L

2003 Cruise Control

The cruise control on my 2003 only works occasionally. (130k miles) Sometimes it works as it should, Sometimes it will show the green light on the dash, that its working, but its not. Other times it want work or show a light at all.
  6. L

Can you add a dipstick?

Is it possible or practical to add a dipstick to the automatic transmission on my 2003 Ford Explorer? I've had the fluid & filter changed in it & I have the "tool" to check the level underneath, the transmission, but I would prefer a "dipsticK".
Back