Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 2

4.0 SOHC Performance Cams

Thanks for the good information all; a bit steep for my budget though. I'm suprised nobody has come out performance cams yet - oh well. Man, what happended to the good old days when you could throw an intake, carb, headers and cam swap at a small block Chevy, crank up the ignition timing and...
  2. 2

4.0 SOHC Performance Cams

I have a '99 X w/ the 4.0 SOHC with 150k miles and may need to replace one of the cams. I couldn't help but wonder if the use of the 4.0 SOHC in the Mustang has led to someone making performance camshafts that will also fit my X. I would be interested to hear from anyone that has swapped out...
  3. 2

C-notch.....a Pic-by-Pic tutorial...not for those with a Broadband deficiency

birdie, birdie in the sky i believe those are called bird **** welds (no offense...). a bunch of blobs floating on the surface like bird **** on your windshield. as usual, penetration is the problem. i would SERIOUSLY consider having a qualified welder redo those welds as a safety...
  4. 2

crooked in jersey

i indicated in another thread that i measured the wheel well opening heights on a couple of stock 2nd gen xlt's w/ p235/75-15's. the fronts were basically 33" and rears 32". mine has the pass side t-bolt removed, the driver side t-bolt set to level it out (cranked up pretty far) and 1-1/2"...
  5. 2

Stock Ride Height

i will have alignment shop install them. around $200 for camber kit and alignment.
  6. 2

pulling a leaf

i am curious to know if anyone has done this also. i have contemplated pulling a leaf b/c the rear stiffness seems much greater than the front after a 2" tt. but i was thinking of taking the second longest one out; that would make the biggest difference b/c it is doing the most work. the...
  7. 2

Stock Ride Height

since no measurements seem to be available, i measured the fender lip heights on a couple of 2nd gen x's myself (xlt's w/ p235/75-15's) - the fronts were basically 33" and rears 32". my x has the pass side t-bolt removed, the driver side t-bolt set to level it out (cranked up pretty far) and...
  8. 2

Stock Ride Height

so far i've got a 1/4" variation, but still no absolute measurements to go by. if it takes getting some peoples panties in a bunch to get an answer, so be it.
  9. 2

Stock Ride Height

thanks for the straight replies Blee1099 & Robb. the reason i am asking is because my understanding is that 0 degree camber alignment is not achieveable beyond 1-1/2" lowering. unfortunately i did not take measurements before doing the tt and 1-1/2" rear block install (my bad). after getting...
  10. 2

Stock Ride Height

so much for the resource value of the serious explorations message board. :thumbdwn:
  11. 2

Stock Ride Height

sure, feel free if you've got nothing else better to do than post useless replies that lack any information.
  12. 2

Stock Ride Height

okay, i have 235/75-15's. what's the stock ride height?
  13. 2

Stock Ride Height

i am not asking what SHOULD my ride height be after this, that and the other thing. i am asking what was the target when ford screwed them together. again, just because you don't know...
  14. 2

Stock Ride Height

so your theory is that ford sent them out the door at any random setting "set them at whatever height you feel like assembly line guys" right... just because you don't know what the setting is doesn't mean there isn't one.
  15. 2

Stock Ride Height

bump... ??? surely someone must know the stock ride height measurements to the fender lip.
  16. 2

crooked in jersey

wow, i stand corrected; izackary has defined truley useless replies. i was hoping to get info to help understand if the tt made it crooked, or if they are like that from the factory. i could understand the front being uneven from the tt, but the back was out the same amount. can it be...
  17. 2

crooked in jersey

wouldn't that mess up the handling? i suppose you could make left turns faster than right ones though (ha ha).
  18. 2

crooked in jersey

let me clarify my inquiry - are they level from the factory or not?
  19. 2

crooked in jersey

useless reply...
  20. 2

crooked in jersey

i've read a few threads about the drivers side of the x being lower than the pass side. sure enough, when i checked mine (99 4 door w/ t-bolts removed and 2" rear blocks) the drivers side measured 29.5" to fender lip and pass side was 30.25" (w/ gas tank full). i was thinking i need to put the...
  21. 2

Rear Sway Bar

I already have the EE rear bar. I was just wondering if anyone had heard of doubling up the stock one. John - Nice footer. Are you an Engineer?
  22. 2

Stock Ride Height

Come on guys...
  23. 2

Am I crazy...

I have a 1999 SOHC X and have noticed a dramatic performance improvment during the cold weather (it has been around 10-20 degrees F lately in NJ). Am I crazy, or has anyone else noticed the same thing? Also welcome thoughts on why this is.
  24. 2

Stock Ride Height

I have a 1999 SOHC AWD 4 door X and am trying to find out what the stock ride height is supposed to be in the front. Is there a factory ride height measurement from the ground to a framerail, fender lip, etc.?
  25. 2

Rear Sway Bar

I was telling a friend about the significant handling improvement of the EE rear sway bar I recently installed. He told me that owners from a Saab forum were installing two stock Saab rear sway bars on the rear of their cars as a low buck alternative to buying a new aftermarket rear bar. I don't...
Back