Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Will these fit 2012 Explorer Xlt

Hey there, I have the 18" Xlt silver wheels 18x8 5x114.3 44mm+ offset, and was wondering if a 18x8.5 5x114.3 15+ offset would fit with no clearance issues? Is the backspace difference a problem? I assume the 15+ offset will fit my stock 245/60/18 tires. Thanks!
  2. A

PTU drain plug install? Has anybody added one?

Hey there, pretty sure I'll have to have my ptu replaced since its leaking ( will be taking in next week for official diagnosis). Has anybody installed a drain plug to make it easier and more diy friendly for fluid changes? (I understand manual states lifetime fluid, but we all know where that...
  3. A

OEM Or Aftermarket Brakes? Recommendations.

I replaced all 4 pads and rotors on my '12 XLT around 50k . For pads I went with the Wagner OEX and they have been great thus far (around 15k on them). I went with the Wagner rotors with the e-coating on them. Rotors aren't a rusty mess like the stockers were. All from RockAuto. Just my .02.
  4. A

For Sale Custom 5th Gen Headlights

I'm interested in the headlights. Would like to discuss more about them. Please message me. Thanks My lease is up, Explorer is returned, and my custom retrofit headlights are up for sale! Fit 2011-2015 Explorers without HIDs. Head light off by terrywood02 posted July 22, 2016 at 9:22 AM...
  5. A

DRL (Daytime Running Lights)

Ya pays to know peeps
  6. A

Ya I never got a response from the 3 local Ford dealers I contacted and even contacted Ford saying these dealers aren't getting back to me and never heard anything
  7. A

Thats why I wanna bypass that kinda deal..I just want a tech that knows it can happen do it and wabam
  8. A

I'm interested in hearing more about the ^ that
  9. A

I try to avoid the dealer, haven't cared much for the one's around me but might have to find one and show it to them
  10. A

Sorry to bring this back, but did anybody have their DRLs changed to ambers in the WI or iL area? I contacted a few dealers and they haven't got back to me and it's rather annoying, and I'd rather go to a dealer I know can understand this right off the bat! Thanks!
  11. A

Sport lug nuts and locks

Any idea if the McGard 64029 lugs will fit a '12 Explorer? They seem to be very similiar to stock and same hex size.
  12. A

Explorer Audio upgrade(s)

Do some of the models that don't have the factory sub, still have the wiring in place for it or no? Does anybody know? I know some car manufacturers still have the wiring in place for some options that were not necessarily installed. Just curious if anybody knows? Thanks!
  13. A

2014 Ford Explorer Factory HID vs Halogen housing

Why don't you just run aftermarket HID in those factory HID assemblies rickz07?
  14. A

RBP Grill..have you taken a look at it?

Car ID now has this grill for $650
  15. A

Push Bar for Explorer

I actually like the black horse bull bar BB047611-SP ..but I'm sure that will interfere with the ACC and the ground clearance isnt all that good either.
  16. A

Squealing Noise When Wet, Belt?

For those of you who changed your belt yourself..how hard was it and do you have any tips for it? Thanks!
  17. A

They make one with a machined star in the center as well .... it just seems rather expensive, but nice to see companies are making more aftermarket parts for the explorer
  18. A

LED Fog Lights

I agree Peter..but fogs that actually have output are nice
  19. A

LED Fog Lights

I have the fogs that are from RFS as pictured in the first post. I think they put out a ton of light as compared to stock bulbs and a nice crisp white at that. They outshine my headlights it seems too. I can take a few pics? The install wasn't too bad at all.
  20. A

2015 XLT to Sport appearance project

Where did you get your black grill from and how much did you $$ if I can ask?
  21. A

Push Bar for Explorer

For those of you that do you have it installed...is the ACC a problem? I like the Aries bull bar myself..
  22. A

New Mods! Ventureshield Clear Bra, Lamin-x Tinted Headlights & Tint all around (Pics)

What's the long term life of the headlight tint like? Does anybody have any experience? If you ever needed to take the tint off the already dark factory glass windows, wouldn't you ruin the factory glass because of the mess the tint makes? I always wondered that.
  23. A

Gibson Axle Back Exhaust

I just added the axle back kit, nothing else as far as exhaust was changed. I am trying to keep most of it stock/stock looking, but as we both know ...everything can't be kept stock :p... the K&N is currently getting blacked out at the powdercoater so I'm excited to get that installed.
  24. A

Have you all seen that RBP offers a sweet looking grill for the 2011+ Explorers. Yea it runs $950 from select places and over $1000 on RBP's website. I can't really see spending that munch $$ for a grill. What's your thoughts on the grill, and do you think more companies will be coming out with...
  25. A

Gibson Axle Back Exhaust

It would help if I had a Go Pro. I will be installing a K & N cai kit soon and can take more videos then as well. I am working on more videos at the moment as well. Thanks guys!
Back