Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Third dash button?

On the left side of the steering wheel under the headlight dial there are 3 slots One for lifting the rear hatch, one for Tow mode, and a blank.... Anyone know what the blank is/was used for? Also a part number for the switch to use as an aux light button that looks stock Thanks
  2. D

What's in your cargo area?

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Could hear/feel you coming from a few miles away...
  3. D

Moonroof Drain hoses c/w diagram

Does anyone know where they drain? I can trace from the roof, via headliner down the A pillars.... then Not sure where they go from there. Can I see them from under the Explorer?
  4. D

Push Bar for Explorer

Thank you very much! Turned out great and I really appreciate it
  5. D

Cracked Sunroof / Moon roof

No idea and dont believe it to be related
  6. D

Cracked Sunroof / Moon roof

So I was cleaning my '13 Explorer XLT and noticed along the trim of the sunroof glass chunks missing and circular chips. Front edge, sides AND back edges. Not only on the part of glass that moves but ALSO the longer/bigger stationary glass. Wondering if anyone else has this issue... take a...
  7. D

Cargo area, 3rd row seat back cracks.

Glad to see yours got repaired I was told by my Ford dealership it isnt covered So I'm going for a second opinion on this as I'm pretty upset. I had the regional customer service manager call me but she has to side with the service managers opinion so now unless the second opinion agrees...
  8. D

Adding dashcam. Any tips?

I do have all the equipment in the garage yes, Wired up Aux lighting and strobes before, but this is my first time splicing into existing harness' Usually I run new wires from the battery, through the firewall to the dash. This just seems like an easier method
  9. D

Damn technical stuff.... help out a rookie? Which is a hot wire I can tap into? and a ground...... hahaha Whoops
  10. D

Record the other drivers.... in previous vehicles Ive captured hit and runs, MULTIPLE car accidents and drunk drivers. The video evidence has always been a great supplement to the law enforcement officers as the camera doesnt lie. Plus sometime you get a great commentary along with it haha...
  11. D

Wiring Diagram for Rear View mirror I just bought a dash cam and would love to hard wire it rather than into the 12V plug in the center console. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the rear view mirror of the cable harness in the sunroof controls? Find a hot wire to tap into that only...
  12. D

2014 Sport LED tube DRL Mod...nobody??

I'd probably do my fog lights at the same time..... next pay day haha
  13. D

2014 Sport LED tube DRL Mod...nobody??

I think he may have used/bought this set https://www.lifetimeledlights.com/led_lights/high_beam_headlights_low_beam_headlights_led_headlight_9005h10_single_beam
  14. D

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

Few more tries and I got it all sorted out :) Thank you though, for the quick reply and willingness to help :thumbsup:
  15. D

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

Ive tried those steps but when i take the USB stick to the Ex, it says i already have the most up to date version. So i got back online to update there and cant Very frustrating
  16. D

Lift kits for 5th gen. Explorer

I want to, but not sure if it will effect my warranty... and I'm not sure I have the skills to do it alone...
  17. D

Lift kits for 5th gen. Explorer

Anyone do this install yet? Im debating it....
  18. D

Push Bar for Explorer

Does anyone have a copy or PDF of the install instructions?
  19. D

Removing the grille

I do love my CT socket set haha
  20. D

How to: 2011+ Grille Removal with pictures

So after reading many many threads asking the same thing about how to remove the grill on a 2011+ Explorer I got the gist of it and tackled it myself. I completed the plasti dip of my grill but forgot to take pictures along the way so I went back and removed the grill AGAIN and took some...
  21. D

Debadged and Grayed Out XLT 2012

Radar detector in lower grill portion??
  22. D

Plasti dipped grille

Here is mine I too left the chrome strips alone but holy crap is it a pain to remove the grille and the chrome
  23. D

Push Bar for Explorer

Hopefully gonna try the removal process myself and see how it goes
Back