Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

WTB 95-96 steering shaft

Hello I’m looking for a all metal intermediate steering shaft to fix my steering slop on my 2000 X. Thanks Kevin
  2. M

Wanted WTB 93 air box cover

looking for the lid for the air box from a 93 explorer.
  3. M

new switches

well searched the forums and had a great idea for a location for my switches. It makes them out of the way but also right there when needed. now to finish the relay box.
  4. M

anti rock sway bar

Has anyone used the anti rock sway bars from a jeep in a explorer?? Would they even work with a dana 35 or is this just not a compatable or practical thing to look into?? Seems like it could work well and wouldnt have to disconnect off road.
  5. M

temp sensor port

I thought i read somewhere that theres a port on the a4ld that you can put a temp sensor in without drilling into the pan. Is this true? if so where is this port? Would that be good enough of a place or is the pan the best place like Tbars install?? thanks kevin
  6. M

lifts

Hello, ive been lookimg at lifts and read many of the posts on here about them. Im lookimg to put alot of miles on my 93 xlt since im making it as an overland rig. Lookimg at a 4 inch or a 5.5. My question is how dothe two hights handle on the road. Seems i hear the soa isnt that great and you...
  7. M

lifts

Hello, ive been lookimg at lifts and read many of the posts on here about them. Im lookimg to put alot of miles on my 93 xlt since im making it as an overland rig. Lookimg at a 4 inch or a 5.5. My question is how dothe two hights handle on the road. Seems i hear the soa isnt that great and you...
  8. M

weatherstrip

Hello i need new weatherstrip for my rear lift gate glass and the part number is F87Z7842084AA. it seems its discontinued. can i use any weatherstrip like the door weatherstrip or is the door strip molded? does it have to be specific??
  9. M

Wanted stx drop brackets

As the title says looking for ranger stx high rider stock drop brackets.
  10. M

first gen lift

Has anyone done a 2 inch suspention lift with a 3 inch body lift and 35 inch tires?? Ive searched many posts and got many differnt opinions on lifts and tire discussions. So if you have this setup post a photo or chime in on if it will work or if i will need to cut half my fenders off to just...
  11. M

radius arms

Hello i dont know if this is the right spot but i have a question on radius arms for a d30 swap. Im looking at the xj long arms and see they have high clearance arms. Is anyone running them? Would it hinder performance or should i just go with the standard strait arms. With the curve of the arms...
  12. M

drop brackets

Will the ttb drop brackets for a 88 ranger fit a 93 explorer??
  13. M

transmission differance

Hello I have a question on the 5r55 transmission. I have a 2000 explorer with the door tag code D. That tells me I have the 5r55e transmission. But what is the differences in the others that are 5r55 with the W,N,S at the end? Are they the same but just labeled different for the different years...
  14. M

spring buckets

Hello I have a question about what spring buckets to use for a sas on my 93 explorer. I see most people are using aftermarket it seems but cant you just use the stock ones and bend the tabs for the early bronco springs to fit? is there a problem with just using them that im not aware of? to my...
  15. M

greetings from northern mn!!

Hello everyone id like to introduce myself. my name is kevin and im from northern mn. Just got my explorer the other week and i have a pile of parts thats building up. future mod is a dana 44 sas.when i get everything together ill start a thread. hope to meet new people in my area!!
Back