Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

IVT Request - Sync 3 Upgrade

My 2 cents, it's not worth it... For any problems, updates, the upgrader would be running a rouge system, and there by no support regardless of how small the issue may be... We IT people have dealt with this for years, I really don't see the issue... The current system works... Who's to...
  2. E

Replaced the stock Sony speakers

What was the adapter you used for the rear doors? Thanks!
  3. E

Phone won't connect

Those were the exact issues I experienced...
  4. E

Phone won't connect

IG, I agree with you, it's the reason I returned my IPhone 6. When I spoke of Apple, it was a 5s running IOS 7. Thanks.
  5. E

Phone won't connect

Just to add a little more, and again, FWIW... If my BT is off, hitting the connect button results in a connection within 30 seconds or less (usually less)... Rarely does it take longer... If yours is taking an inordinately long time as you state, maybe you should have it checked... Using...
  6. E

Phone won't connect

Obviously it's your world, and we are just glad to be in it... I've been in IT and Tech for 30 plus years... "Industry Standards" are a joke, because they are whatever someone wants them to be at the time... Look at Flash vs HTML5... Who's right? (rhetorical BTW) Thanks and have a good...
  7. E

Phone won't connect

I respectfully do not agree with you... due to your WiFI / BT event, BT is not active on your phone when you get in the SUV... This is why you don't get the auto connection... I don't turn off BT, don't see a good reason for it personally and I never have a connection problem... I fell the...
  8. E

Phone won't connect

This isn't a Ford problem, it's your events (BT off on Wifi)... The process is, you initiate a call, and there is no connection because the handshake has not occurred, thats what happens when you hit the phone button on the steering wheel. When you get in the Car , it looks for the phone...
  9. E

New iphone update iOS 8.0

I apologize for my confusion... The pairing works fine, the issue is it doesn't work when paired... It wont call, it wont answer, and SYNC can't dial out... Everything else (Samsung's, etc...) work without a hitch... The iphone 6 does not for me... And I have gone through both Ford and...
  10. E

Ford tried to help me but it didn't work... As an FYI, does Ford have this (also on the same Apple page you recommended...) AVRCP 1.4 Bluetooth compatibility. FWIW, the pairing works, so does reconnect, it just doesn't hold a phone call for more than a few seconds, or come through the...
  11. E

iOS8/iphone 6/MFT/Sync - Problems with BT calling

Not sure... This was one of my problems. But during the master reset, I renamed the iPhone. It only worked once (strangely enough it was during the Ford support call). But next time I got in the ex, it was doing the same old stuff. Pairing was not an issue but using it didn't work...
  12. E

2015 Ford Explorer Sport Performance not as good as MKT

Upgrades are usually additive. A tune will do the most and is the best bang for the buck (400 to 600. a cai and exhaust will be about 700 plus and give very little return for the money. The days of cars benefiting from these bolt ones are mostly behind us. The factory leave little on the...
  13. E

I wish I knew. But fwiw, this problem is on the apple forums also, and the Verizon person said its a known problem with ford and iPhones. I never had a problem prior to the 6. My 5s with ios8 connected right up. I'm sure it will all be resolved soon. But by then I will probably have a...
  14. E

2015 Ford Explorer Sport Performance not as good as MKT

Basically, it will compensate for the slightly increased flows... Usually Intakes and exhausts are beneficial with tunes... Most will tell you, intakes (CAI's) don't provide much if anything... Exhausts will give you a little better sound, but HP gains maybe in the 5 to 10 range total...
  15. E

I appreciate the procedure, but I guess I have to say, if I have to jump through hoops, and hold my mouth right, call only on Tuesday (all sarcasm) then it's not worth it... I switched back to my old Galaxy S3, paired in 10 seconds, and works great... The iphone goes back to Verizon...
  16. E

1. Yes. I did. 2. Yes it was named the same. i did change it then 3. Did master reset. Sync worked once and hasn't again. Symptoms Phone pairs fine I call out via the phone. No sound The car calls out, about 15 seconds of sound then nothing Call in, call ends after about 5...
  17. E

Update. It only worked once. Still the same problem...
  18. E

Actual it only worked once. Now it's back to not working.
  19. E

Ford told me to do a master reset via the MFT screen... THis solved it for me...
  20. E

Iphone 6 and blue tooth disconnect after 30 seconds

Ford told me to do a master reset on the MFT, that and re-pair the phone... That did it...
  21. E

Got it solved, but it took Ford support suggesting me to do a master reset on my MFT... I been in computers long enough to know that a reboot solves most things, but still it's a pain to do all my locations, etc... back... Other than a pain, it worked...
  22. E

FYI, on the APPLE forums... https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6544120
  23. E

There is a discussion on the Ford "syncmyride" site about iOS8 / Iphone 6 on Verizon... (may be other carriers) that the phones don't sync... I have had no issues until this weekend when I got my new iphone, it connects, fresh clean install, but no sound in outgoing calls, and incoming just...
  24. E

Iphone 6 and blue tooth disconnect after 30 seconds

Yes, drops incomming calls, and will make an outgoing call, but there is no sound...
Back