Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Z

Ford Recall

thanks...i did not search before posting
  2. Z

Ford Recall

Ford has issued a recall for cars, trucks, SUV's with cruise control http://money.cnn.com/2006/08/03/autos/ford_recall/index.htm
  3. Z

Stealth Box?

The JL box is fiberglass, the MTX and Q-Logic ones are plastic. I bought my JL stealth on ebay for $200. I looked for about a month before one popped up on there. I modded the box to fit a JL 10W3 sub. I looked at the MTX and Q-Logic boxes at my local stereo shop and thought that they were...
  4. Z

Prevent my sub box from moving

one word.........VELCRO
  5. Z

anyone put subwoofers in back side panels over tires in explorers

Here is my modded JL Audio Stealthbox www.flickr.com/photos/zeke73/
  6. Z

Best HU under 400 bux

I love Pioneer Premier HU's
  7. Z

JL Audio Stealthbox

ebay is where i got mine. Just gotta keep searching ebay
  8. Z

JL Audio Stealthbox

I have one in my 98 Sport. I modded the box to fit a JL 10W3V2 into it. Here are some pic of the setup www.flickr.com/photos/zeke73/
  9. Z

Seen on eBay

I thought the truck was for sale. I was interested in seeing what he was asking for it if it was for sale
  10. Z

Seen on eBay

can you post the link for it?
  11. Z

Amp install question

I ran mine on the opposite side. I bundled the RCA's and the remote lead and fished them through at the same time.
  12. Z

KickerKX1200.1 with 2 Kicker L7 12s

All distro blocks do is split the power coming from the battery into multiple outlets. They are used for multiple amps. Dont need it if you only have 1 amp. For example....... one 1/0 gauge coming from the battery into two 4 gauge outlets to run to the amps. One power cable in/muliple...
  13. Z

KickerKX1200.1 with 2 Kicker L7 12s

Like you said...upgrade the battery. But you will also probably need to upgrade your alternator. The factory alt only puts out about 90 amps. Your system will overload the alt and you will get the dimming lights. Also do a search for upgrading the "big 3". Those are the negative and postive...
  14. Z

Any ideas where I could place or mount 6x9s?

Both sizes will fit into the factory openings in the doors. Any manufacturers 5x7/6x8 speakers will fit.
  15. Z

Any ideas where I could place or mount 6x9s?

do you mean 6x8??? if they are 6x8, they will fit in your doors.
  16. Z

fog lights with ambers on?

It can be done. Check out this thread www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31137
  17. Z

Another Ball Joint Question for 98 sport

Its not to bad with the correct ball joint press. You will only have to press in the lower ball joint. On the upper joint, you will be replacing the upper control arm. The new arm comes with the ball joint already pressed in. You will need to get an alignment after your done if you replace...
  18. Z

quick question for replacing door speakers

one of the ways of figuring out whats positive and negative is to hold the wires to the terminals of the new speakers while the radio/cd is on and listen. If the music sounds distance and odd then swap the wires on the terminals. You wont get shocked by holding the wires.
  19. Z

Chips DIY & Research Info?

Do a search for Bamachips. Bama is a sponser of this site and has had alot of positive feedback. Doug is the founder of Bamachips, he goes by the name Doug904 on here. There are alot of good threads on this subject.
  20. Z

What would be better? 2 12s or 1 15?

410 is correct. Bigger is not always better. I have one 10" 10W3V2 JL Audio sub being powered by an Alpine MRD-M501 amp and it absolutely pounds. I had the sub in a standalone box made of 3/4 inch MDF and it sounded ok. So I modified my Stealthbox and put the sub in it and now it pounds...
  21. Z

Need options on a hard hitting 15 inch Subwoofer

Not to sound like a jerk....but you posted this in the wrong section. Plus the link did not work.
  22. Z

16x7 teardrop offset and backspace

bumpity bump bump
  23. Z

Perfect fit behind 3rd row!

sweet!! Just need to get some grills to protect those woofers.
  24. Z

Pics of my stealthbox modification

It may not be stealth anymore....but i sounds damn good :) I had the 10W3V2 in a stand alone box before I put it in the stealthbox and it sounded like crap compared to what it sounds like now.....it pounds.
  25. Z

16x7 teardrop offset and backspace

I've searched but couldn't find the answer i was looking for. I am looking for the -/+ offset and backspacing for the stock 16x7 teardrop rim. I'm looking to get 18" rims and need to stock size to calculate what i'll need for the 18's Thanks for all the help!!!
Back