Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

2006 tailgate liftgate won't open

My rear lift gate has been acting up for about 2 or 3 months now. 2010 XLT just under 100k. It started failing slowly (would unlock/open every now and again), and then it just stopped working. I got it open (just got lucky and it opened) one weekend and pulled the interior panel off to...
  2. S

low speed front driveline noise

Good luck. I took mine to the shop this Monday with intention of getting them to replace the right upper control arm front bearing. They heard the noise during the initial "move and turn" as you described, and they agreed my assessment was probably correct. However, once the had the car up on...
  3. S

Jacked up the front right tire today and put it on a stand. I was able to isolate the noise by pushing the suspension up and down with the jack. It's definitely coming from the upper control arm bushing (the front one). Not sure how much that costs to replace, but I'm pretty sure I've reached...
  4. S

Well I guess the silver lining is that it's not going to leave me stranded on the of the road somewhere. You both seem to be doing just fine. I haven't gotten to the point of just ignoring it yet though. While looking further into what it could be last night I found this video on youtube...
  5. S

Low speed drivetrain noise...

Did you ever find a solution? I'm having the same symptoms.
  6. S

I am having the same problem on my 2010 xlt 2wd and it's driving me crazy. I just hit 91k right before it started. I get a low groaning noise when accelerating from a stop, when coming to a low speed stop, when turning right (my noise is on the right front side), and when going over light...
  7. S

Key FOBs program but won't work

Had the same problem. Disconnected the battery, waited for 30 seconds, programmed the remote and it's been working ever since. It's been 3 weeks.
Back