Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Wanted torque monster headers

They are gone.
  2. F

TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY

-For earlier model trucks '96-'97 1/2 (build date until 12/96) with internal EGR systems, the current price is $689.00 + $45.00 s/h. -For '97 1/2-2001 (from build date 01/97 on) with external EGR, the current price is $789.00 + $45.00 s/h.
  3. F

Mid 97 is the split. I have another set for external EGR and GT40P heads (mid 97 up) that I was going to use on my 98 Mountaineer, but I'm going to sell the truck, so no use installing them.
  4. F

Did you ever get a set? I have a pair I got from the group buy that may be available. Less than 6 months/3k miles on them. Includes bolts and installation DVD. Off a 96 internal EGR GT-40 headed truck.
  5. F

I waited for over a year to get mine from the group buy.
  6. F

Does anyone here use wheel spacers?

Was chatting with MercuryMullet about this and I thought of the perfect example of how increasing the BS but running a spacer puts everything right back where it was...the front of a dually. I converted my truck to DRW by using spacers, ~4" in the front and ~3" in the rear. The rear is a...
  7. F

SoNic67, you are partially correct in your statements; Yes, a spacer will increase torsional stress on the studs/lug nuts, wheel bearings and ball joints if you use them to change the 'stock' offset (as the manufacturer designed it), like using the OE wheels and a 1.5" spacer. It is the same...
  8. F

Spacers only increase stress if you push the center line of the wheel further outward than 'stock'. In this situation, the wheels the OP used have 1" more back spacing that the originals, so if he ran a 1" spacer (and the wheels are the same width), the forces would be equal. He could easily...
  9. F

1995 explorer limited help

I know it's been a while since you posted this so I don't know if you fixed your Ex, but I just purchased a 96 XLT that has the same issue. This one wouldn't shift into 4low (or auto, none of the dash lights would illuminate when the switch is turned) and you could hear a slight grinding when...
  10. F

Finally got them...
  11. F

Mine should finally be hear soon...
  12. F

I was getting early 97 w/internal EGR.
  13. F

Am I the only one still waiting for their headers? I got in at the end of the group buy; paid my deposit on May 1st. I've tried to text and email Erica numerous times and haven't heard squat back. Sad part is I've been through two explorers/mountaineers since I ordered these...sold the Ex...
  14. F

^^^ Yup...
  15. F

^^^ what he said...
  16. F

First attempt of crawling the prerunner

Hats off to the builder, haha!
  17. F

I paid half right at the end of the group buy, but haven't been contacted about the remainder yet...
  18. F

I'm in...PM sent!
  19. F

We are still going to build it promise

Pushing them negative will gain an inch or so, and there is room to do that without notching. To get any more, the frame would have to be modified behind the front hanger as the spring actually gets close to touching it. Pics will explain that better. To maintain a decent life out of the...
  20. F

The center of the frame is 2x6 .180 wall rectangle. It slid right into the rear portion (factory junction point) and is about the same dimensions as the front portion where I spliced them together. The front is boxed up to the engine crossmember and the rear is boxed just past the shackle...
  21. F

99 Expedition XLT 4x4 build thread

I like your build! I have a 97 Expedition 5.4L 4x4 XLT that could really use some attention like you are giving yours. I did the rear main on my wife's Excursion with V10...same as doing any Ford rear main.
  22. F

Long time no updates...been busy as heck with work (promotion and a new job, but at least I have one, LOL!) and getting the final county inspection done on my wife's new house. I have 7 days to get this thing buttoned up and loaded on the trailer for the trip down to SOCAL. It's taking longer...
  23. F

Wanted WTB: '91 explorer engine

I'm the buddy that owns the 93 ^. It looks like all the parts to make it run are there and it shouldn't take too much time to get it running to check it out. I will be down there the weekend of 10 Dec to drop off Gary's truck and pick that one up. I am not planning on using that engine and trans...
  24. F

Finally got some work in on this thing. I will start a build thread shortly and link it here. I will do my best to take pictures and write down measurements and what not. Rear fiberglass is mounted, fronts are partially mounted, interior is partially stripped and the body and frame are...
Back