Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN

I've seen a lot of you guys running 33s with the TT and a 2" body lift. Does this mean I could hypothetical run 33s without the body lift I'd I were willing to remove some serious sheet metal? I drive a 1999 xlt with the 5.0. Fixing to swap in a BW4406 TC in the near future...
  2. N

Dana 35 IFS 4.56 gears for my 1999 ex advice needed.

I need a little advice guys. I am looking to upgrade my explorer to 33x12.5s and 4.56 gears. I have searched through this forum for advice on gears and have decided that 4.56 gears would be the best fit. I plan on driving this rig daily but also hitting the trails. Here's the catch: I can't...
  3. N

Advice on mod order wanted please!

Thanks man. Does anyone have input on gears/lockers for the d35 up front? What brands and where to find them? I have the limited slip in the back and would prefer to just add a selectable locker up front but as far as I can tell that's not even an option.
  4. N

Advice on mod order wanted please!

I currently drive a 1999 Ford Explorer XLT with the 5.0. Obviously AWD. I have done the shackles and torsion bar twist and run 31-10.50-15s. I plan to do the following to this truck over the next couple of years: 1. BW4406 transfer case 2. 4.56 gears front and back 3. Maybe a 2" BL if I...
Back