Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Can't get a 2000 Explorer Sport Running

I'll still tinker with it. Were just not going to put any money into it for a while. She wants to get her 4 door trail ready. Perhaps I'll buy the sport off of her for myself. Either way, it will run at some point or another. Probably just later rather than sooner.
  2. R

Tire/Wheel Question

Thanks for the posts y'all! /thread
  3. R

Tire/Wheel Question

I'll have 3" of lift right around. Just needed to know if they fit on the wheel, lol.
  4. R

Tire/Wheel Question

Just wanted to confirm that 31x10.50 tires will fit on stock 15" steel wheels off of a 2nd gen Explorer. I'm almost positive that I read on this forum that they will but I can't find the thread.
  5. R

Lifting your explorer to clear larger tires-

Thanks for the helpful STICKY. Saved y'all from a pointless "lift question" thread. Good on y'all for having this board up. I'll post my question here instead. What are "other" options as far as lifting the front end of a 2nd gen Ex aside from the torsion bar lift and a body lift? Looking...
  6. R

2 Door or 4 Door?

Well.. Because of a couple reasons, we're going to use our 4 door. Mainly, because we had to take it out yesterday to help my buddy get his Jeep unstuck from a rather large puddle (I have a thread for that here). Any who, that Ex is bone stock right now.. And made it through some pretty swampy...
  7. R

Quick update here. Tried checking the fuse box ground and the throttle position sensor to no avail. Took it to the dealership.. Roll backed it.. And it fired up. They said they couldn't diagnose if it is working. Took it off the roll back.. Couldn't get it to NOT fire up. Brought it back home...
  8. R

Front clip questions.

I've searched for info here.. And while I found a TON of threads about it.. Most of them only had a small handful of posts or didn't pertain to 2nd gen Explorers. What model year Ranger front clips are bolt-on for a 99 Ex? Also, would an 01 Sport or a Sport Trac front clip be anything close to...
  9. R

2 Door or 4 Door?

The only door issues we've had so far is with the drivers front on her 4 door. The lock is frozen and refuses to work, lol.
  10. R

2 Door or 4 Door?

Didn't intend on rock hopping. :) Was just curious what some peoples opinions were about which they thought was more ideal, is all. The exrea 10" of the 4 door isn't a whole lot.. And I'm getting aggravated with the 2 door that we can't get running, lol.
  11. R

2 Door or 4 Door?

Have posted previously about my fiancees nightmare of a Sport. Can't get it running. She's currently driving a 4 door Explorer. Out of curiosity.. Is there any benefit to off roading a 2 door vs a 4 door, or vice versa? Perhaps we'll just lift the 4 door, instead.
  12. R

I think the PCM / Key / Transponder in the steering column.. I think one of them is bad. I really can't think of anything else that it could possibly be. I've tried just about everything that I have to try, that I can do. Tomorrow, I'll check the ground for the fuse box under the hood and the...
  13. R

Bolded sections are what happened.. And yes, I tried the second stock key for the sport and had the same results. It did.
  14. R

Did some tests with her 99 Explorer to cross reference with her 00 Sport. One of which was trying to start her 99 with the keys from the 00. According to what I have read, I should get a rapidly flashing THEFT light when doing that and I did not. I'm starting to think PCM, again. We might just...
  15. R

New England Explorers - Still Active?

My fiancee and I will probably be pretty active here once we get her Sport going and I pick up mine in the future.. We're from NE Pennsylvania.. And are always looking for people to wheel with.
  16. R

I'm nearing the end of my ability to be patient, lol. As a last ditch effort, I'm going to go to the junk yard and A: Find an Explorer with keys. B: Pull the PCM, Transmitter in the steering column, wiring harness, and ignition module. C: Install them in mine and see if it is a faulty PCM. I'm...
  17. R

Yes, CEL is illuminated when the ignition is turned on.
  18. R

Checked the Schrader valve again.. I'm not getting any fuel through the lines now?
  19. R

I have continuity in the wiring harness. I'm absolutely stumped.
  20. R

I've shifted my focus back to two things. Wiring harness.. Or the fact that this might be a coincidence and be two completely separate issues. This would be our luck, of course. I'm going to check continuity of the wiring harness between the PCM and injectors some time this week. Other than...
  21. R

#19 25A Fuse is not blown. Was hoping that this was the issue.
  22. R

You don't happen to have a diagram do you? I can't find one via google.. Just the battery fuse box and the fuse box on the side of the dash.. But not for the central junction box. That's located under the drivers side LH kick panel, yea? I don't recall, its been a while.
  23. R

Definitely no spark to any of the plugs. I will check what you mentioned as soon as I get home in 15-20 minutes or so. Thanks for your input so far, its grately appreciated. And as a side note.. Definitely not PAT system. Ruled that out from researching here.
  24. R

66 lbs of pressure at the rails.. And we drained the gas out of it before we parked it because it was almost a full tank.. We dumped it in her 4 door.. We actually had to go get gas for this one, haha. And what I mean about no power at the fuel rail.. We hooked a TIPITS up to it and indicated...
Back