Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

24 inch rims

think that you could easily fit 26" After all, the bigger, the better .... no? Seriously, its your ride and taste is a very personal thing but , from a technical point of view, what are you doing make no sense at all Form over function.........
  2. L

VERY Rare Limited

the tow switch is also missing from the panel under the light switch So, no tow package for sure
  3. L

Non-Sport excessive brake pedal travel and weak brakes??

My 16 XLT has great brakes. So I don't know What I seems to remember ( but you need to verify) is that my car has the HD ( heavy duty) braking system but for 18 and for the Base and XLT models, Ford went back to the regular, non HD system
  4. L

2017 Explorer Sport Transmission Type

On my 3.5 NA. the transmission cooler is incorporated/part of the A/C condenser
  5. L

Part Number help

no because if there is a template it must come as part of the kit which is included with the hitch and only for the 1 piece bumper. Not like for mine and your that has a separate cover for the receiver
  6. L

Part Number help

as I said, I believe that it is designed to fit after you cut and trim the original, non-towing package bumper
  7. L

Part Number help

It's your lucky day, I just went through the same exercise and bought it The part # is GB5Z-17F000-A but it do not fit It is smaller the the cover that you have now My guess is that you have to cut and trim the original , non -hitch bumper cover . In another word is is not designed to replace...
  8. L

Cilajet Auto Paint Sealant

do you really have that much money to waste???? If you have more money to to waste you can always ask your dealer about undercoating, rust proofing, fabric protection, and if you still have some more money left, what about nitrogen-filled tires? Seriously?????? My post is maybe a little "crude"...
  9. L

Re-use a 2015 Mustang key fob for 2017 Explorer

maybe not very PC, but shouldn't the mustang key have stayed with the Mustang??? It's why used cars often come only with one key and no owner manual. Pretty annoying Obviously, my apologies if you left the 2 keys with the Mustang and the one you are talking about was/is a spare one
  10. L

Rack & Pinion Gear Failure 2016/17 Explorer

Roller blades??? way too complicated. Will stick to walking now on
  11. L

Rack & Pinion Gear Failure 2016/17 Explorer

I can't stand cars, too many parts and things that can go wrong, wheels, engine , electronic??? Its why I only use a bike
  12. L

2017 how to get air out coolant system

Sorry to burst your bubble but you got it completely wrong. That is not the way the cooling system, and in particular the T-stat work A thermostat only control the minimum engine temperature The Maximum temperature is controlled by the cooling system BTU's ( British Thermal Units) capacity Your...
  13. L

2017 how to get air out coolant system

And can you explain how will you gain performance? Do you expect the maximum temperature to be lower than before??
  14. L

2014 Ford Explorer no OEM tow option

don't really need instruction, once you remove the old panel, you will see the electrical connector for the switch, just put the switch in the new panel, plug the electrical connector to it and you are good to go. Nothing more, and it will activate the tow/haul function Obviously you need a new...
  15. L

2017 reverse sensor when towing

i really doubt that. My 16 beep with trailer connected. pretty stupid oversight from ford i should precise that it is with the trailer connected to the 4 pins, not the 7 pins connector
  16. L

2012 Explorer XLT adding 7-pin without factory tow package

yes, everything is already there and the switch will work
  17. L

to replace the 4 pins harness with the 7/4 pins. you are going to have to remove the rear bumper cover
  18. L

The price seems right for the 7 pins harness. The 4 pins is always much cheaper
  19. L

my 2016 XLT was already pre-wired I you have the controller connector under the dash, you are almost sure to have it. The electrical connector to the rear bumper/hitch harness is on the passenger side on the inner 1/4 panel You should have told the dealer to install the 7 pins harness ( that...
  20. L

EX damaged and they tried to cover it up!

mistakes happen all the time but trying to cover it up is unacceptable Years ago, the leather of the rear seal console on my Jaguar got damaged by a tech trying to take a short cut to remove the front console and "he" tried to hide it by putting some black die and leather conditioner on it I...
  21. L

do I actually have a tow package?

No Peter, on my specific vehicle the radiator for a 4WD, 3.5 engine is the same ( meaning same part # FB5Z8005A) than with the towing package/engine oil cooler
  22. L

do I actually have a tow package?

I went through all that when i retrofitted a towing package on my 16 NA XLT To add the oil cooler, you need a different oil filter adapter/mounting plate and a different radiator lower hose and the hoses between cooler and radiator hose The oil cooler mount on the oil filter adapter
  23. L

2013 XLT - 93k miles, $15000 - should I buy it?

Have to agree with the above regarding CPO Main reasons being that since 99.99% of the public has no ideas how a car work, taking advantage of them is a very easy things to do. Same thing with those so-called multi-points inspection that come free with minor services such as an oil change. More...
  24. L

Corroded Battery Terminal / Cable

seems to be the part you need https://www.ebay.com/i/231361067047?chn=ps&dispItem=1
Back