Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Tighten your caliper bracket bolts!

Count me in as another that had this happen after a pad swap. Heard a grinding whenever I braked, took it to a shop and the entire bolt was gone. Felt like a doofus at the time, less so now.
  2. A

WTB: Catalytic Converter y pipe

Not for an explorer, but I bought a mustang h-pipe from rockauto and all they did was wrap it up in plastic wrap and then tape over all the sharp edges.
  3. A

Installed my Lund moon visor

Im not the OP but I found mine for $30 on craigslist. The ad was a month old and no one wanted it or saw it, I got lucky. Interesting, thanks for the info!
  4. A

Installed my Lund moon visor

Looks good, man! I always called it a sun visor though, you don't need it to block moonlight :D Mine:
  5. A

How to refurbish a 1998 Dimmer Switch

My dashboard lights would cut out whenever I turned my headlights on. I bought a replacement part from a guy junking his car but I "fixed" mine by moving the dial so that it rested right in the middle of the 'bump' that turns on your overhead courtesy lights. Now everything works fine, I just...
  6. A

Post up some snow shots!

That last picture is hilarious. Mine doesn't do so great but I have undersized tires. This is from a crazy storm we had last year. Theres an explorer underneath all that. Right now in Buffalo all of our snow melted, its really strange. This is how I park in the winter. Drive until the snow...
  7. A

Looking at a 97 Explorer Sport

This this this. ****ed me over good, I went on a 10 minute ride around city streets but when I drove home on the highway I got the o/d blinking and it needed a trans rebuild.
  8. A

wheel hubs?

Those are only a 1 year warranty, fwiw. I was able to buy a moog wheel hub for my 1999 at advance auto with a coupon and it was cheaper than rockauto. Comes with a 3 year warranty.
  9. A

Grill guard

A LOT of us have them. Check your local craigslist for some deals. I got lucky and found mine for $50.
  10. A

Can someone confirm I bought the right control arms/ball joints for my ex?

Well I did use the moog website and the parts I bought were all listed there. I didn't know about the high end and low end moog parts, I just knew anything moog was a good buy. Im not doing the job myself, I already agreed on a price for my friend to do it. And the parts were already...
  11. A

The lower bj you listed is just a bj, not the control arm too. My friend is helping me install it so I wanted to spend a little more money to make the job easier. its just that there were sooo many choices on rockauto I was hoping someone would confirm that they bought the same thing And it...
  12. A

Hi all, I need upper and lower ball joints so I bought the pressed control arms to make the job easier. I suppose I should've posted this thread before buying them but here we are. Its a 99 sport. I bought: Moog RK620319 - right lower Moog RK620320 - left lower Moog RK8708 - left upper...
  13. A

Traded the Explorer in for this.............

The key is to own both. Mustang is my summer ride, explorer is for the winter.
  14. A

Photos Lets see those 2nd Gen EX/Mounty

^^^^ I am jealous of your spoiler. Nice. This is about as off road as she gets.
  15. A

Sitcoms' 1999 Explorer Sport 4x4 SOHC v6

Sounds good, I wouldn't really want to spend more effort doing it anyway. Thanks.
  16. A

Sitcoms' 1999 Explorer Sport 4x4 SOHC v6

What was your method for plastidipping the wheels? Last time I did it it was before I installed them on the car so it was pretty easy. Did you do it with them attached or take em off? Looks good!
  17. A

explorer sport pics

^^I did sand it down a bit and cover it with black plastidip. Looks great from 5+ feet away. Added a spare tire with no wheel inside to my roof because I am a poser that likes the off road look.
  18. A

Post pictures of your truck with auxiliary lights

Got a brush guard that included some hella lights. Not hooked up yet and probably won't since lazy and will never offroad.
  19. A

explorer sport pics

Just installed a brush guard today. $50 from craigslist and its rusty as hell but its a Waag.
  20. A

Can anyone tell what company made this brush guard?

Picked it up yesterday for $50, Im gonna smooth it down and repaint it but I was just curious if anyone might recognize that logo, if it even is a logo.
  21. A

Post pictures of your truck with auxiliary lights

Crap-o picture, sorry.
  22. A

Cab lights?

I just installed a sun visor yesterday that had lights installed on it, when hooking it up I was told the same thing to wire it to the headlight switch. I remember being told brown/white wire, but that was an always-on wire. What ended up working was the red wire, it was obviously the thickest...
Back