Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. X

2011 Explorer Makes "Farting" Noise

Yes, correct. So I looked under the car today, and saw that the flex part on the front pipe has a hole in it, making the noise. Looks like it's time to replace it. When the Ford techs were working on it, maybe they pushed or moved it, and because its 120,000 miles old it didn't take it well.
  2. X

2011 Explorer Makes "Farting" Noise

So my 2011 Explorer Limited 3.5L is starting to make a farting noise in the front-end of the vehicle. I recently brought it into the dealer for the exhaust recall, and also had them replace fluids in the differentials, transfer case and transmission. After I got it back, I did not notice the...
  3. X

MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer

I can confirm that I have HD Radio, and that it tunes to HD Radio stations, on my 2011 Explorer.
  4. X

Did NOT get Factory Tow Package, Now What?

Did they say why it is specifically 13-15 only? I would imagine it's the same connector for '11 and '12 as well?
  5. X

2011 Lifted XLT Project

This I'd love to see! :bounce:
  6. X

Where are the nerds when you need them?

Awesome, let us know how it works out for you. I've been looking at this myself and looking to see how well it performs before I make the purchase.
  7. X

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Today I installed an OEM hitch, 7-pin and 4-pin cables, and tow button to my Ex. Took about 4 hours to do it all. First time ever having to remove a bumper and am glad to say that it was easy to perform. Very glad about the outcome!
  8. X

Factory Tow Hitch Kit for Gen 5 Explorer c/w Video

I've tried looking for the OEM 7-pin trailer connector with no luck, so I went ahead and ordered the following: http://www.etrailer.com/Custom-Fit-Vehicle-Wiring/Ford/Explorer/2011/118272.html?vehicleid=201132660 I'll be trying this out to see if this works or not, as well as plugging in...
  9. X

Power Liftgate Speed

Awesome, did not know that. I should read my manual again to see if there are any other features I looked over, haha. Thanks guys!
  10. X

Power Liftgate Speed

I've noticed that with my liftgate, when it opens it doesn't open all of the way. It opens about 90% of the way and stops, and I have to push it up to open completely. Is this normal for others?
  11. X

XLT w/out Tow Package question

If you are talking about the 4-pin trailer wire, maybe this is what you are looking for: http://www.fordservicecontent.com/ford_content/catalog/accessory_files/sk-bb5j-15a416-aa--all.pdf
  12. X

17" OEM Wheels Questions

I was able to snag a set of 17" steel OEM rims and TPMS sensors for a good price the other day and will be primarily use them as my winter wheels, but I had a couple of questions about them. For the TPMS sensors, will I need to purchase the FORDTRIGGER TPMS tool to register these sensors to my...
  13. X

Raspberry Pi on Explorer Headrests

So the other day I decided to try out my Raspberry Pi on my Explorer headrests to see how well it would work. Turns out it works out great! The Raspberry Pi is running RecalBox, used to emulate classic video game consoles, and controlling it with a bluetooth dongle and 2 PS3 SIXAXIS...
  14. X

Tunes for the N/A 3.5L Explorers

From what I am seeing, do you only do 13+ N/A 3.5's, or does the tune work on 2011's as well? Reason why I am asking is because I am looking to tune mine for better performance but was unsure of the compatibility.
  15. X

Installing aftermarket DVD headrests

Sorry to barge in on this conversation, but does anyone happen to have the wiring schematics or installation instructions for the Invision DVD headrests? I noticed that PDF instructions were posted, but are currently unavailable to access. Reason being is because I am installing a Raspberry...
  16. X

Reinforce Cargo Area Panels

So I went ahead and purchased a piece of plywood, cut it down to size to fit the cargo area (39" x 45"), covered it with black felt and used spray adhesive to get it together. Was like an hour job to do it all. Now I have a cover for the cargo area, and when we fold down the 2nd row we just...
  17. X

These are all great options. Thank you for the ideas! Time to start testing things out!
  18. X

Play movies in front screen

I looked around online and found the following: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=303710 Post #7 says that it could be because anything with older formats may not display properly, such as old school game consoles. I was also testing an NES and N64 on mine and had the...
  19. X

No offense at all! Now what do you mean by no lockpick installed?
  20. X

That's what I was also thinking of trying, plus we would have memory foam under us for some padding.
  21. X

MyFord Touch A/V (Video Only) Issues So even though it is under warranty, I wanted to see if there was another method I can take before I take the dealership route. So when I plug a device into the A/V inputs and switch to the A/V input, I hear audio just fine, but the video does not want to...
  22. X

Bought An Explorer, Already Having Issues

No, I believe he was the General Sales Manager of the dealership.
  23. X

So I'm looking for a way to reinforce the cargo area panels toward the front, when the 3rd row seats are stowed away. I have read about issues where it breaks for some, when either heavy weight or knees come into contact with the end or corners of the panels. Reason being is that when the wife...
  24. X

Bought An Explorer, Already Having Issues

So good news! I got my Explorer back, and everything seems to be okay! The resurfaced rim arrived, but the technicians and the salesman noticed that there was a gash underneath the clear coat of the rim, so they are going to send it back to have it taken care of but for this weekend put it...
Back