Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

Still can't gas, replaced everything I can think of!

Hi All, this is a last ditch effort to see if anyone can help me I have a 2007 4.6 Ltd , I still can't gas the truck up without it taking about 30mins or if I unplug the purge valve line from the tank it gases up perfectly. The problem is with the EVAP system somewhere, when gas goes in there...
  2. O

Kink in filler hose, replacement options?

Hey all, so I think I have a kink in my fuel filler hose, I need the part from the tank that goes to a plastic fitting before it reaches the filler cap area. It appears to be this part 7A2Z-9047-A but its like $260 for a bit of pipe. Does anyone know of a cheaper replacement, can't find a...
  3. O

Can't fill gas tank! Update

Hi All Still not able to fill more than a gallon without it shooting back up at me, Its not the purge valve! I found it opening/sucking and purchased a AUTEL Scanner to manually open it so its not pcm/electical that I can see, its good which now puts me back to trying to find what's blocking...
  4. O

PCM change /keys?

Hey all So I have a bad PCM on my 2007 Ltd 4.6ltr , anyone here changed it out before? I have ordered a new matching one but I am a little confused about the key situation. I have both original keys and it seems the passive anti theft (pats) needs to be reprogrammed on the new PCM. I have...
  5. O

Purge Valve not opening ?

Hello again, so narrowed my issue with my gas tank vapor trap down to a purge valve not opening in my 2007 Ford Sporttrac v8, I have replaced the valve and put my meter on it and I am getting 12v on it on both wires to the valve but it would appear to be the negative side, when I put my meter...
  6. O

Won't gas, error codes and suction from the gas tank!

Hi All Trying again to fix my Dad's sport track 2007 Ltd v8 so my Mom has a car to use and although it drives I don't feel safe her using it till I can get to the bottom of this. We replaced the fuel pump after it sat for a couple of years but soon as we did there was a air suction coming from...
  7. O

Purge valve issue!

Hi Guys Need a little help please, had a issue with not being able to gas the tank (max 1g at the pump) and getting gas vapor when opening the gas cap and changed a bunch of things inc the vapor canisters and purge valve but I just opened the purge valve under the hood and getting the hissing...
  8. O

Key Fob/Tire Sensor issue?

Hi All OK so hear me out here, I have posted before about an issue I had with my 07 Ltd V8 and I have been working towards trying to fix it but still nothing happening yet. In the meantime I have been dealing with the tire sensor issue but having issues with that too and wonder if they are...
  9. O

Issue with jumping at around 40mph

Hi Guys I have had a bit of an issue for a while now, I put it down to my plugs/coils maybe going bad but last weekend I changed them all out and although my 07 Ltd runs a lot better now when I am at around 35 to 40mph I get a jumping or missing type feeling. Its almost as it's its trying to...
  10. O

Keyfob hard to open truck?

Hi again Not sure if this is a common issue but I own a 2007 Sport Trac V8 Ltd and for about a year I have issues locking and unlocking the truck. Unless I stand with the keyfob pushed up against or near the window I can't open the truck. Of course first thing I did was change the batteries...
  11. O

2007 Sport Trac V8 Ltd with a box trailer?

Hi Guys Been a while since I posted here but have a few issues so you might see more of me ;) I have a question please, I have recently found the need to buy a box trailer, never owned own before and not bought it yet but would my 2007 Sport Trac V8 Ltd pull a say 5 x 8 or maybe 5 x 10 box...
  12. O

07 Sport Trac losing acceleration

Hi Guys Need a little help please, got a problem with my 07 Sport Trac Ltd V8, I am not a engine guy so I apologies in advance if I don't explain this very well. So about a week ago I am driving down a street and suddenly I put my foot down and I lose acceleration and hear a roaring from...
  13. O

Help - ignition coils/low voltage issue!

Hi Guys First post here so be gentle :) I have a 2007 Sport Trac V8 Ltd and over the last month or so I have had an issue with some short spurts of rough driving. I am driving along and all of a sudden it would seem to miss then about 30 seconds later everything was fine again, no engine...
Back