Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Will parts fit from a 97 to a 98

My truck was involved in an accident and I found a whole explorer in great shape but it’s a 97 4dr and mine is a 98 sports. Does the hood Grille and bumpers from a 97 4dr. fit my 98 2dr. sports?? Thx for any replies.
  2. A

Ranchos or not

I have a 98 ford explorer sport (no leaf or coils in front) and my question I'm in the process of buying some shocks and need some help as to which ones to get. I WAS thinking on toe 5000's but just read they are oil filled as supposed to gas? Anyway I live in a bumpy pot-holed area and need...
  3. A

Bouncing Suspension

I have an 98 ford explorer sport 4.0 SOHC and my question is what can I do to my truck so it doesn't bounce so much, I'm thinking on changing the 1 leaf spring suspension with a more stiffer one. Is there one from another vehicle that will fit. Thank You
  4. A

I dont think its my head gaskets. HELP!

Can someone please help me, just brought a 98 explorer sport 4.0 sohc engine 138.000 miles and im not sure if i have blown head gaskets, it does not smoke, it does not mix oil/coolant, it is not over heating what i do nitice upon review is small drips of water thru exhaust but stops when it...
  5. A

Need help on replacing 4.0 sohc Head Gasket

Hello everyone, i just brought a 98 explorer sport with a 4.0 sohc but it turns out the reason why i got it so cheap is because it has blown head gaskets. Im thinking on replacing the gaskets myself and would greatly appreciate any tips on what special tool i need and in greate need of any...
Back