Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Wils 94 Dora on D44 3 link.

spudhut. not sure how far you have gotten in the year I haven't replied since you posted but here soon I'm going to be install 5.13 gears and a Yukon grizzly locker in the rear of my rig. I can probably get you those photos around that time which will be probably In a week or two depending on...
  2. E

Im gonna post up the rear bumper I just build in the last two weeks. I think it turned out great. Does everything I need it to do for the most part. Still working on the license plate light situation. I had it put together then put the spare tire on and it broke the plastic piece i had for the...
  3. E

i plan on pushing the front end forward around another 1.5-2". last week it went forward 1.5". that makes i think 5-6" forward over stock already. Might try to push the fender back some more. hate ruining the good stock look of a vehicle to make tires fit..... :dunno:
  4. E

so heres a few pics from today. Got my 39.5 Iroks from Discout tire. The wheels are 15x10 Mickey Thompson Classic Baja locks, 5 on 5.5 lug pattern. The total package with tire insurance ended up being $2200, nothing like working on that credit score. The front bumper is coming off this week to...
  5. E

DUDER 1's 94xlt SAS

very clean build man. looks like she works great on the trail! :thumbsup: I got one question. when I had started my build with a D44, I was told I couldnt use the Ford Knuckles as flat tops for high steer arms. Did you have your passenger side milled and drilled? I went with chevy flat top...
  6. E

94 ex sas

I like your B2 and explorer. I plan on getting another B2 to build eventually. Love how light weight they are.
  7. E

I'll post more photos tomorrow. I just finished up a rear bumper build for it and am picking up some brand new irok 39.5" tires for it tomorrow. I'll have some pics of those when I get them on. This weekend a buddy and I are going to go find the deepest snow we can. That's why I'm getting some...
  8. E

Now that I figured out how to post pictures again. Lol. I figure I should add a list of items that are into the rig sooner into the thread so it gives you guys an idea of what Iv all done to it. Starting with the front end: Ford D44 High pinion axle w/ weld on C's. Axle cut down 3" on long...
  9. E

So I haven't officially made a thread on my lifted explorer build. It would have been easier to track from the beggining but I just didn't get around to posting. Iv had this 94 explorer since late 2013 when I picked it up for $700 bone stock. I used to have an 85 bronco 2 that I had chopped the...
  10. E

94 explorer in millcity oregon. hello

Man it's been forever since I posted this. Dora has seen a lot of changes since I posted this. I think when I originally posted it was at a 3-4" lift on 31s or 33s. I can't remember tho lol. But here's some more recent pictures of my explorer. Dana44 SAS 3 link suspension. Something like 10" of...
  11. E

T3 T4 Hybrid Turbo OHV

Well after reading this novel of a post for the last 9 hours while at work (12hour shift) I'm just in awe. I love the build man. Crazy you started this 2 years ago. I want to built a turbo setup for my 98 second gen that is also red and a 4x4. Probably use this thread as a reference for just...
  12. E

Top end rebuild, '91 OHV, 95TM heads?

I used to have a friend with a little Ford van. He used to drift it and do burn outs all over in that thing. Very entertaining to see lol. Honestly I'd pay money to watch a Ford aero star stomp some rice. I'd be in the passenger seat filming laughing my ass off. Iv got two engines I want to...
  13. E

Where did you find the heads? Key words or seller? Iv been looking for weeks now. That van will throw some people off lol.
  14. E

I will add, if you do get the new slave. Don't use the "new" style C clip fitting. It's complete junk. Mine would not stay in to save its life. I had to drop the trans again and remove the slave, and install the old style hydrolic fitting back onto the new slave. Haven't had an issue with my...
  15. E

I'd do your timing chain and guilds if you haven't already added it to the list. It's a wear item that if your gonna be in it that deep might as well do. I'd check the wear on the rod and main bearings just to be safe. It's a lot of miles even tho the 4.0 bottom ends are pretty bullet proof...
  16. E

Seven Days Five Trails Who is up for it?

This snow photo is what it sat at before the springs for redone. Huge difference. Maybe like 3" more lift.
  17. E

The last one was taken today. After my newly put together packs were installed
  18. E

Alright let's see if this works.
  19. E

I swear I'll have some uploaded before the end of the millennium. Having to remember how to use technology lol. Need photo bucket, download app. Forgot password, forgot the emails password too. Lol. Now uploading a few to photo bucket. Should have some In a minute or three.
  20. E

Well I do have a winch, and straps. My winch can be used front or rear since it's on a hitch reciever. My rig has quite a bit of articulation, and maybe even more as of today. I repacked my leafs, took out the overloads and added 2 more to the pack to make 7 each side. Gonna do some test flexing...
  21. E

Looks like a bunch of snow is still on the ground. I'm hoping all this winter weather is over. Up here in Oregon it's been rain/snow mix up until the first week of march. All our hills are completely covered in snow. I'd really like to attend this trails run your putting together. Iv got a...
  22. E

DUDER 1's 94xlt SAS

Your explorer is coming along pretty nicely man. I used the same pods as my rock lights. I have 6 rock lights and two reverse lights, same pods. I also converted all of the interior lights to the same bulbs as yours. They really do make a difference. I also converted all the exterior lights to...
Back