Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Submarine

o2 sensors if you got water in the exhaust............also the computer "may" need reset too again
  2. C

Inspection place says Ball Joints.. i say NO WAY

this is the standard way to check them i know in missouri the tire cannot move at all(any more than normal) i inspected a car that drove fine on the road (straight as an arrow and no unusual tire wear) but when i put it on the rack the lower ball joint fell apart!!!!!! im not sure what your...
  3. C

A4LD Valve body Question

if the clip is not in place the solinoid will push out you obviously wont have lock up either,umm as far as the spool sticking out i would have to see a pic but i do belive that they all have roll pins to hold the plugs in (glacier? correct me if im wrong its been a while)
  4. C

Drum brake replacement

buy a chiltons or a haynes manual then you can see pics also
  5. C

How to: Using a Transmission Pressure Gauge

????????????? worked in a tranny shop for 2 years and didnt know that about dodge although i have only rebuilt one dodge tranny as far as the explorer and the chevy trannys glacier is right in park it is like neutral the tranny just goes in to a fluid bypass loop ive done a lot of trannys and...
  6. C

Charging System Failure..

i would suggest pulling the alt and having it tested off the truck same with the battery.........sounds like either a bad voltage regulator or a bad diode trio
  7. C

Transmission Stuff

any where from 1500 to 2000 if you let someone else do it i did mine for about 280 but i rebuilt it myself
  8. C

O2 Sensor for 96 XLT

?????????my 96 has 3 on it 2 pre cat and one post cat...........leave it to ford to change things mid stride
  9. C

auto-transmission fluid question

you cannot buy straight mercon any more that is why it is called dextron III mercon.........the dextronIII mercon replaces the straight mercon
  10. C

Truck problems again

always fix the first code first and then reset and drive but here it sounds like a 2 fold problem kind of but not really related i would change the mass air sensor and reset and drive till the drive cycle is complete and see if the cel comes back on
  11. C

Check Engine Light On HELP!!!!

it is located at the back of the throttle plate assmbly it appears to have an electrical and vaccum connection/if you follow the intake hose from the air box to the throttle plate and then back towards the fire wall you will find it the best way to know what you are looking for is to go to the...
  12. C

Truck problems again

possible back fire in the exhaust........what makes me say this is 3 things one the cel and the inconsistant times it happens and that you just got done doing plugs and wires.............i could be way off but this is where i would start......what the cel tells you will determine a lot of where...
  13. C

massive transsmission leak! stranded and cant get home!!!

i agree with glacier it sounds like a front seal
  14. C

New here please help!

try testing the coolant temp switch for the computer if this is bad it will give the pcm false readings about engine temp and can cause stalling
  15. C

auto-transmission fluid question

also the dip stick on the merc 5 trannys is diffrent and says merc 5 on the handle the handle is also ussually yellow on a merc 5 tranny not black.......putting merc5 in a 93 a4ld would be very deadly to the tranny also DO NOT use type f this is also deadly to an a4ld dextron 3 mercon is what is...
  16. C

Check Engine Light On HELP!!!!

i would start by removing the egr and cleaning it,check the vaccum supply to the valve also, after reinstalling the valve i would reset the pcm and drive like you always do and see if it comes back on if it does then you need to replace a componet in that "system" but i would bet that it is...
  17. C

High milage explorers?

update 96 xlt 4.0 rebuilt tranny @150000 (blew up the torque convertor) fuel pump @120000 and transfer case @ 171000 now has 175236 and still kicking
  18. C

Stuck in 4WD?

if i remember right the the drive shaft always turns the t case is where the switching happens (in kind of a weird way i might add) check power to the switch and the harness where it plugs into the t case my 96 does the same thing take a tight turn in it at VERY LOW SPEED you will know if it...
  19. C

Need help swapping a transfer case.

yep and you will have to split the case and do some tear down to change it
  20. C

O2 Sensor for 96 XLT

ou have 3 o2 sensors one on each down pipe and one after the cat.........how mechanicly inclined are you? they are a PITA to change sometimes but labor is high too i like to change both pre cat o2s at the same time just so you dont get this flip flop failure every so often but most people just...
  21. C

Tranny spews fluid under load

front pump seal? the pump bushing on the a4ld has been known to "walk" out and push on the seal causing a tremendious amount of fluid to leak and then "walk" back into place my 87 bII did this several times before i fixed it............just another place to look
  22. C

Transfer case drain cracked

you could try jb weld but it would have to be clean and dry and scuffed a little this may buy you some time to save for a new case half or a whole new case
  23. C

U HAUL AGAINST EXPLORERS!!!!

u haul breaks the country up into marketing companys(MCO) 735 is in missouri hope this answers your question
  24. C

HERE is your reason they have a multi million dollar law suit aginst them becouse some one pulling a uhaul trailer with an explorer wrecked and blamed it on the trailer this came from the "horses mouth" so to speak ( the marketing company president for mco 735 my x boss)
  25. C

me too!!!!!! as an x uhaul employee id love to give them the shaft like they did me the petition idea is GREAT
Back