Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Computer System Faults

Has anyone experienced issues with their blindspot or cross traffic systems? I just got my 15' Sport back from the dealer after bringing it in for the THIRD time. I keep getting a message on the dash showing "blindspot system fault" & "cross traffic system fault". So far the dealer has...
  2. J

35W or 55W HID bulb

I bought a 55w kit from retrofit source, and have enjoyed it. I haven't had any issues after a few months of use, and people aren't flashing their lights at me.
  3. J

5th gen LED bulbs?

Works for me? http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/blog/?s=explorer
  4. J

Got Livernois?

Keep us posted on your thoughts once it's installed
  5. J

Ford's in the tuning business now?

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
  6. J

Livernois Tune

What mods was this with? If you don't mind posting.
  7. J

HID Install +Pics - Step by Step

Relating to installs... how about removal. Has anyone left their kits on while putting their vehicle in for service or do you put it back to stock?
  8. J

Strong oil smell at sti

I have about 2100 on my 15' Sport, and I am starting to notice a faint oil smell at idle as well. Where did you notice your oil seepage at?
  9. J

2016 Explorer Order Guide

Clicked on the links and got a ton of pop ups, crashed my comp. Thanks
  10. J

Window Tinting

Not sure of the percentages, but it's dark :D
  11. J

Updates to Eco Power Parts and new shop!

Very nice, keep us posted. Best of luck:thumbsup:
  12. J

3rd break light

lol
  13. J

Custom head light build

I was in the same boat, and someone pointed out they are all the same. Even the Ford part numbers are identical. Just make sure the light housings you are buying are halogen models and not the factory HID assembly.
  14. J

5th gen LED bulbs?

There's a couple "sticky" threads in this forum that are helpful. Here's another site that I found to be useful http://http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/Articles/Ford-Explorer-Common-Problems-Repair-Maintenance-Guides.htm
  15. J

My 2015 Explorer Sport

Although I did not purchase my kit from DDM, I had the same issue at first with the bulbs not locking in place. I realized that I had to apply a pretty decent amount of pressure (pushing the base of the bulb into the housing) before turning. Then they locked in place with no problem.
  16. J

Which Headlight HID Kit???

Just like you I picked up a 2015 Sport, but was immediately disappointed with the headlamp performance. I did a bunch of browsing, and decided to try the php route first as opposed to a complete headlamp retrofit. I can tell you for $150, I am very satisfied with my purchase. I'm sure the...
  17. J

Aftermarket wheels

Looks good :thumbsup:
  18. J

2015 Headlamp Assembly

Much appreciated, thanks.
  19. J

2015 Headlamp Assembly

Hello everyone, I've been lurking on here for quite some time. Great site and a lot of good info. Anyways, I recently purchased a 2015 Sport and have been researching cost/options for getting rid of these stock halogens. I am trying to decide on if I want to do a php hid kit, or do a...
Back