Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 3

Squeaking / Squealing Brakes

I had mine in the shop numerous times for the squealing brakes. They would always have some excuse as to why. I finally solved the issue myself. I traded it in on a 2017 F150. No more squealing brakes
  2. 3

I want to install a switch to rear 12V plug

I wish to be able to control the power to the 12V plug in the rear cargo area via a switch in the drivers seat area. Does anyone know where I can tap into it and install the switch?
  3. 3

Keyless Entry (Securicode) Door Pad Not working

Just to be specific, it has to be 1/2 button pressed 5 times to unlock it
  4. 3

Split Armrest Issue

2015, and I now have the split in the drivers side armrest. Mines at the corner. 2 years, and 20k miles too.
  5. 3

Keyless Entry (Securicode) Door Pad Not working

I have a 2015 Explorer that I bought new and I DO have the factory keypad number. I programmed only one code when I got it. The problem is, my 8 yr old daughter figured out that it you push all 1/2 on it, it opens. I have deleted all of the codes numerous times, and even factory reset the...
  6. 3

2015 Ford Explorer about to be for sale.

I went in for a meeting with the GM for over an hour and we discussed the situation, and he requested to see the video, which I oblidged. He was concerned of my intentions, but I let him off the hook pretty easy. I told him I felt it to be a hostile dealership, and that I didn't feel like I...
  7. 3

Nope, it happened while the truck was being pulled into the garage, and then as it was being pulled out. Nothing was said while it was idle in the garage. My vehicle is an extension of my home and personal effects.. It's not like I set up surveillance in their bathroom. There is no privacy...
  8. 3

After some thought, my game plan is to just let them know that after that service appointment, I feel them to be a hostile dealership, and I no longer feel that I can get fair service, or sales. That I had planned to buy another new Ford from them, but cannot support a dealership that employs...
  9. 3

I'm meeting with the GM tomorrow. I'll update afterwards.
  10. 3

I received a survey for that appointment today. I reached out to the general manager, stating clearly I didn't wish to speak to anyone but. We'll see how long it takes for them to get back to me.
  11. 3

I used an Android tablet with a remote camera/mic app
  12. 3

Wouldn't you expect them to stand together? I certainly would. I'm a bit torn about what to do with it. Extortion isn't an option. Exposure hurts more. Regardless of what I choose to do, I may as well be divorced from that dealership.
  13. 3

Thanks for the support. I have looked at a 2016 Suburban. I love what the secret service drives lol. My dad gets a GM discount, but even with that I'm looking at near $70K. For that kind of money, I would probably want to look at Range Rover's. It's not so much the fuel mileage with the...
  14. 3

Nothing to worry about there.
  15. 3

I was thinking of trading in for an F150. Wonder if they'd do an even trade on a 2016 lol
  16. 3

I'm going to sit on it for the time being.
  17. 3

Why would I want that? From here on out I already have to worry that they'll intentionally cause problems to my vehicle at ANY service visit just to be vindictive. If I string them up, they'll be out for vengeance.
  18. 3

Thanks to those of you who posted helpful content and support. I like this forum.
  19. 3

Thought I'd update the thread. After contacting Ford Customer Care, the service manager at the local dealer called me back and said Ford refused to fix it under warranty, but since I bought it there, they'd do a one-time repair - on the house. So I scheduled it. After getting beat...
  20. 3

Factory Remote Start doesnt work in Cold weather (below 40F)

Mine does the same thing as the OP. It happens very frequently.
  21. 3

The service department refuses to fix it under warranty saying its my fault. I contacted Ford.
  22. 3

thanks for the info! They said the connector was sheared off. They sent me a pic of it but it's too much of a pita to post it.
  23. 3

I don't think the fog lights repair is related. A considerable amount of time passed between then and now. Not saying I'm 100% convinced, but I doubt it. I just noticed the problems about 3 weeks ago when first my outdoor temp quit displaying on my dash, then last week when it was 10F...
  24. 3

I didn't play ball. I just intimidate people who don't agree with me. LOL j/k I don't like it when they hit me up before I exit my car, but I walked around for an hour looking, sometimes standing and staring at the windows for someone to come out. When I went inside they were all sitting...
  25. 3

Bill, after being a Subaru driver for the past 12 years, and 5 different Subaru's, I hesitated to buy a domestic car. The only reason I switched is because at 6'5" and 290lbs, any considerable time in a Subaru results in more aches and pains than I cared for enduring. I went to buy a Toyota...
Back