Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

How to get better Gas Mileage?

Thanks all. I guess the window sticker results are actually lab results from steady footed robots done on a rolling road dyno with no hills and perfect tortoise takeoffs every time. Unfortunately that is not real life! It is good news that the MPG keeps improving after each tankful and it's...
  2. C

Agreed but this....... It looks like the mileage is improving with each tank of gas and as the engine gets broken in. Doubtful that I will make it to the 17mpg city that is advertised on the window sticker!
  3. C

Remote Start Facts (2011 - 2015 only)

Thanks for your help and knowledge. There's only one dealer here and they don't seem to be very familiar with how to do these things. I've been waiting on a price from them for remote start and some other accessories from when I purchased the vehicle in September 2014. I'll probably just...
  4. C

** UPDATE ** After 2400 miles I am now up to 14.8 MPG running 89 octane. I realize I only get to drive it a little over 500 miles per month and all on very low speed 30-50 mph and 2-5 mile hops. Not much road here!
  5. C

Ok noted. Dang!....I was trying to avoid those thieves.
  6. C

So if I have read this correctly, I can purchase 2 new IKT 4 button keys (part #BB5Z-19G364-A ) from the OP Jason, and then use my 2 original OEM keys to program the new 4 button keys myself without having to go into a dealer for them to do anything? I have a 2014 XLT so it should already be...
  7. C

15 Sport !

Welcome. Lucky you on getting the Sport model. I can only wish.
  8. C

The New Guy

Welcome.
  9. C

Hi - New Member - Long Island

Welcome!
  10. C

I only have a little over 700 miles on my 2014 XLT with the 3.5L Flex Fuel engine. We only have access to straight 89 or 93 octane gasoline and no ethanol or mixed. The highest MPG I have seen on the reading to the left of the dashboard is 12.4. The 1st tank of gas it was 11.5, the 2nd tank...
  11. C

Never thought this day would come. Unbelievably disappointed.

Change dealers. I hate poor customer service especially when they waffle like they know what they are talking about and you know it is just a pile of $hit and they are only giving you the standard blurb from the customer service training manual.
  12. C

Ford's Cellular Remote Access Iphone & Android App

What stops this from working in other countries besides USA & Canada? I'm guessing the subscription server is located in North America and it probably relays the cellular signal so there would be expensive roaming charges or something?
  13. C

Hello from Cayman

Just got a new ride. 2014 Ford Explorer XLT. Love the bells and whistles that technology brings. The wife says she can actually talk to it and it will listen... and more importantly do what she tells it to do. Life is great! Since I'm the newb, don't crucify me on the first couple...
Back