Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

Terrain Management / AdvanceTrac System Errors

Why do you clean throttle body? And how? Do you remove it completely from the vehicle?
  2. V

It's been 3 weeks now since dealer updated ABS software, no fault yet, fingers crossed :)
  3. V

Brought mine in this week, they updated ABS module software or something, hope that will work, the TMS fault was coming up pretty much every second day for the last couple weeks.
  4. V

Great, maybe I should book it in before warranty runs out. They replaced the module just because of that terrain management fault? Would you know what module that was?
  5. V

Thanks Peter, I have the brochure and read it, it looks like it should be covered but sometimes they find the ways not to cover...
  6. V

Terrain management fault is back on my explorer, 3 mornings last week it was active and the terrain selection dial would not work. I did not bring it to any dealer to fix it previously, it kinda disappeared for few months so I didn't bother. So is there a fix now? I have premium care extended...
  7. V

Incorrect Fuel Amount Used

It is what it is, if it can not be changed or made to be more accurate or calibrated to your driving style, that's fine, just wanted to know if anybody knows the way to calibrate it to be more accurate. As some above mentioned remote start, I use remote start but that is included in the mpg, I'm...
  8. V

Incorrect Fuel Amount Used

I have same problem too as most, I put in usually about 3 liters more than the computer stated it was used, as well the average economy is off quite a bit (on the better side for the eyes) and I hate that! I had subaru outback before and it was off too until I calibrated it over time (there was...
  9. V

Notchy Turn Signal Lever FIX

I just did the "update" myself, it's nice and smooth now, will have to learn to use the turn signals again! :D I just used small dremmel/engraver to smooth-en out the second notches, did not touch the tip where the spring goes. Thanks OP for excellent guide ;)
  10. V

True 4wd? Or awd?

I just had a little actual test with current explorers 4WD. I have 4 plastic ramps to put under the wheels to drive on to raise the whole vehicle to get under the car to do something like oil change. So I put those ramps against all wheels and drive on, guess what, front ramps were dragged under...
  11. V

Tire Size Upgrade

Thank you for the welcome! :) Just traded in my subaru outback, hopefully won't be disappointed in explorer...;) Mine is also with 20 inch wheels and I'm thinking to go to 18 and probably good all season tires like nokians, prices for 20 inch tires are insane! :eek: 18's are better and 235/65 18...
  12. V

Tire Size Upgrade

Has anyone tried 235/65 R18 tires? I just got an explorer with summer tires and need to get something for the winter.. I'd like something narrower for the winter. And also it seams that this size is way cheaper for what ever reason than original size. What do you think, will it work?
Back