Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Explorer Audio upgrade(s)

Now I remember why I don't hang around here much. Did you miss the part where I said NON-subwoofers being 4 ohm?
  2. F

One last thing to check, are you absolutely sure you are not 180* out of phase on the fronts? If one speaker is out of phase, it will really hurt bass response.. You can always verify phase by taking an AA battery to the stock speakers, make a note when the speaker moves out, whichever...
  3. F

Like 95% of the speakers on the market outside of subs, those are 4ohm. Hertz rates those at 93 dB sensitivity, but if you're experiencing a loss in volume, I doubt they are as sensitive as the rating. Don't listen to all this other nonsense about ohm mismatch, if anything the only...
  4. F

What's the model number of the speakers you installed?
  5. F

probably not an ohm mismatch problem (95% of all non-subwoofers are 4ohm), it's more of a sensitivity issue. If the sensitivity is lower than the stock speakers, it will take more power to drive them. I replaced the front 6x9 with Infinity Reference, they're 94db and louder than the Ford...
  6. F

Methanol Injection

That's not correct at all. Most systems have either a variable speed pump (AEM, Snow, etc.) or PWM injection (constant psi, modulated flow via injector pulsing like fuel injection). Every single system I've ever seen has a trigger (either RPM or boost, boost usually) where the system starts...
  7. F

So How Do We Get 450Hp Out of a Sport

The meth technically isn't used as an additional fuel source, the benefit is from removal of latent heat and knock retardation. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MW_50 I have methanol injection on my 2006 STi, what I have found (as well as many others) is that a 50/50 methanol to DI/distilled...
  8. F

Stereo amp power wire

This is SUPER helpful. Thank you!
  9. F

Got Livernois?

why ask for feedback AFTER getting the item? You've already made your choice, do you just want affirmation?
  10. F

So How Do We Get 450Hp Out of a Sport

"the usuals" have decimated this forum
  11. F

Caliper Covers for Sport

It's EXACTLY like wearing a codpiece, all the visual stimulus without any substance. Caliper covers are in the same league as Pep Boys neon undercarriage lights.
  12. F

new JLT Oil Separator

What's the magic about this catch can to make it worth 2x other offerings? The mounting bracket isn't even "custom," you need to drill your own holes etc.
  13. F

New Tint, LED conversion

Cliffs Notes: (this is the MODIFIED Explorer Sport forum, no?)
  14. F

WeatherTech Digital Floor Liners

No problem with mine, zero play.
  15. F

Only you can answer that question..
  16. F

Impossible to diagnose remotely.
  17. F

Mounting / Wiring Radar Detector

Yeah, would have been even more stealth to mount that display somewhere lower on the dash, but looks good.
  18. F

Upgraded Turbo Wheel

ATP has ALWAYS posted compressor maps http://www.atpturbo.com/root/maps/gt15.htm This compressor wheel mentioned in the OP doesn't even state what the effective trim of the turbo would be when the compressor wheel is replaced. Hell, even a simple max flow rate (lb/min) would be a start...
  19. F

Upgraded Turbo Wheel

Any chance you could ask for it? I love seeing the flyby videos and all, but without a compressor map I may just be purchasing an expensive noisemaker. Before/after dyno plots (with correction factors listed) would help but not nearly as useful as an actual map.
  20. F

Upgraded Turbo Wheel

Do you have the compressor map?
  21. F

e85 mixing

Did you just go in wholesale and delete every post you've ever made in this forum? It's a shame, you had a good question and made some valid points in other posts.
  22. F

We get it, you prefer the Husky (as you've mentioned multiple times). IMHO they are uglier than the WT, the diamond plate pattern isn't my cup of tea. I don't believe there's any single "right" answer to the question "which mats should I get."
Back