Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Theft light flashing.

Hello, my 02 is running fine, but now my theft light flashes on the cluster. It's not rapid flashing, and it goes away when I start the vehicle. When I turn off the engine and remove the key, the light appears, and it flashes, and flashes. The light used to stay off until I pushed the lock...
  2. F

Transfer Case fluid replace

Hello, I'm wondering what is the proper fluid to drain and replace the transfer case fluid. It still has the factory fluid. But there seems to be controversy over what to use. The owners manual says Mercon ATF -- Some say use Mercon LV -- some say to use Motorcraft Transfer Case Fluid. The...
  3. F

Do I need an alignment.

Hello, I'm replacing both upper front ball joints -- it still had the factory ones. And I've had to remove the upper control arm to use the ball joint press. The shims that fell were reinstalled, one each side. So, same arms, same shims, new ball joint. Alignment was fine before this...
  4. F

Door ajar

Hello, the door ajar light stays on -- I tried using Forscan, it seemed to show the drivers door is ajar, but I don't know how to work Forscan. So I accidentally left the key on overnight, the battery was completely dead in the morning. I've switched out the door switch at the latch with a new...
  5. F

Heater core issue

Hello, while driving the vehicle today, with 137k miles on it, I had the defroster on since it was raining, and everything was fine. When I took it off the defroster and put the heat on through the panel vents, I started getting the inside of windows fogged up -- which is unusual. I think it's...
  6. F

Fresh air door always open

Here's how I dealt with the fresh air door flapping around. The actuator had come loose from the pin it attached to on the door. Since I don't care about 'fresh air', I just wanted to block it off. I'll open a window for fresh air. My Explorer is an early build model, yours may be different...
  7. F

Air keeps flowing

My 2002 Explorer has the manual air controls. When the Mode Selector Control (the control on the right) is in the straight up position, it should block off incoming air. But I do have air coming from the lower vents -- I can turn the temperature knob and it will change from hot to cold air and...
  8. F

single din, double din

Hello, awhile ago, I installed a Pioneer single din unit in my Explorer. The problem I have with it is that the display is too difficult to read in daylight when it's bright outside. I'm thinking of going to double din -- if they are easier to read and use while driving down the road. Any...
  9. F

doors frozen shut

I've been having trouble getting the doors to open since snow season has hit. The doors and rubbers are in good shape, but they get wet on the inside and freeze shut. Climbing in through the back is how I get it started. I have no garage or carport -- any helpful ideas? thanks.
  10. F

FYI on Dorman intake manifold

I had to get on the freeway and away from the traffic, so I put the pedal to the metal. Apparently that pressure of the coolant moving popped off that little rubber cap on the backside of the Dorman intake manifold. That spring clamp did not hold, coolant went everywhere. I'd recommend...
  11. F

General coolant question

With these newer vehicles having overflow bottles, how do you know your thermostat is opening properly? In the old days, we just looked into the radiator. But if the thermostat is open, will I see any movement in the overflow bottle?
  12. F

thermostat area leak

Hello everyone, thanks for sites like this. My vehicle: 2002 Explorer auto 4x4 4.6L. 120k miles. I had oil on my oil filter, found thru sites like this it is probably the gasket behind the housing. I switched it and everything looked good, so a few days later, I replaced the upper rad hose...
Back