Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

so many problems

and one more thing i just thought of. In the morning when the car doesnt shift into first, i use the manual 1 and 2. But when the tranny gets warmed up and it starts working, that is when i notice the dragging from something. I thought it might be the differential needing lube, but it doesnt...
  2. C

so many problems

well i will have to look at my rotors when i get a chance but the tires certainly are not rubbing. If the rotors seem fine, could it possibly be a problem with the ABS because my ABS light is always on. The weird noise happens any time i turn, not just turn all the way to the right or left.
  3. C

so many problems

the oil is getting pretty bad too but the mpg fluctuates all the time. Should i go to the brake place and have them check it out?
  4. C

so many problems

1) My first problem occurs when turning. It happens when i turn right sometimes and then switches to when i turn left. Basically it sounds and feels like my tires are rubbing during the turn but im running the stock 235/75. I can feel something and hear a hum until i straighten the wheel out...
  5. C

brake problem and weird noise

no my wheels are fine and i think the brakes are but i didnt do em. they were done at a shop a few weeks ago.
  6. C

turn signal

My left turn signal just stopped working a few days ago. The light comes on inside and the bulb lights up outside but it stays lit and doesnt blink. Also my headlights turn off and on. Especially when the brights are on. They turn off then back on. What can i do about these problems?
  7. C

brake problem and weird noise

I got my brakes replaced about a month ago because they basically exploded and now when i stop it feels horrible. The ABS light is always on and it might be part of the problem. When i slow down, i can feel the car lurching forward every turn of the wheel and the pedal goes with it. Almost...
  8. C

problem with my subs

I have two Infinity Reference 12s and a Boss pd3000 amp. These subs have been great but the other day i noticed a problem. I put my mower in the trunk and unhooked the subs and made sure the wires were not touching. I hooked them back up and they worked fine. Now the subs sound like crap...
  9. C

muffler for 1st gen

I am planning on buying a super 40 series flowmaster for my 93 ohv and im gonna run the stock 2.25 pipe. Should i get center inlet center outlet or what? Am i going to have to do welding or can I just use clamps for a while.
  10. C

Removing spare tire

wack it out of there i did this the other day because i hate that spare tire and that thing was rusted so much. I just hit it with a wrench through the hole then turned it.
  11. C

wont start

im not quite sure where the fuel pressure regulator is
  12. C

wont start

ive tried using the gas to make it start but that doesnt help
  13. C

wont start

alright today i cleaned the iac and changed the fuel filter. It wants to start but then spudders and dies. What could the problem be?
  14. C

dpfe sensor

i dont know what the part is, it has a wire harness and two plastic tubes comming out of the end that were connected to hoses and the tubes are broken. The partnumber on top is E4ZF-9C915-AA and under that it says H2892B.
  15. C

cleaning maf and iac

ive never used seafoam before, can i just spray it in the intake?
  16. C

dpfe sensor

can someone show me a dpfe sensor from a 1st generation explorer, i think mine is broken, would it be safe to try and start the car?
  17. C

cleaning maf and iac

Thank you, I just cleaned the the valve on the iac and was wondering if you are also supposed to spray electric cleaner into the intake part?
  18. C

cleaning maf and iac

i got the iac off and unhooked the harness. what parts should i spray with the cleaner?
  19. C

cleaning maf and iac

i cant seem to find a 10mm piece to get the bolts off the iac and i dont have the torx bits to get the maf off and i cant go anywhere to get them because the car is dead. what size piece could work in getting the iac off and how could i get the torx bits off?
  20. C

fuel pump switch

Is this switch supposed to be pushed down already because mine is. If i stick something small under the red switch, it pops up then it stays down. Could this be part of the starting problem. by the way now it starts only when i spray intake cleaning fluid in it and then it will die so its not...
  21. C

metal fuel filter tool

has anyone used the metal tool to succesfully get the fuel filter off. If so how did u do it. I know how to do it but the metal doesnt work.
  22. C

Amazingly High Idle

could be that the throttle body has carbon build up. This happened to me a few weeks ago and i cleaned the throttle body and it was gone.
  23. C

wont start

ive started to install the new fuel filter and i got the mounting bracket and the fitting clips off. Advance Auto gave me the metal tool. And im not quite sure how to get the filter off the line.
  24. C

reisterstown

Is there anyone near reisterstown that could help me in putting in this fuel filter because i am stuck here.
  25. C

wont start

well i went to advance and got some intake cleaner, electronic cleaner and a new fuel filter. I cleaned the throttle body and used the electronic cleaner on the MAF and IAC. It started then died. And now its just cranking again.
Back