Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

04 explorer

This thread has already been moved to the correct forum by admin, with Halwg's comment still showing.. Would be my guess..
  2. T

02 Brake Light Switch

Just wanted to tag you as well, since you were the most recent response. Any help?????
  3. T

02 Brake Light Switch

My 2004 XLT's brake light is staying illuminated after I release the brake pedal, and stays on until I punch the pedal with force.. I forgot to mention, on my thread, that this only happens maybe 2-3 a month. Its not a big deal.. BUT I tend use my cruise control a lot bc my commute to work is...
  4. T

brake lights

Thank you
  5. T

brake lights

does anybody know what would cause my brake lights to stay on after I release the brake pedal? they stay on until I punch the break relatively hard and then they go off. if there were no effect from this I wouldn't care but if I don't push the brake hard to get the brake lights off I cannot use...
  6. T

Bully Dog Tune

Hey all,, quick question.. Does anybody know if the GT Platinum Gas (40417) Bully Dog Tuner will work on my 2004 Explorer XLT 4.0 AWD?? My buddy has one and I was going to have him hook it up, if it will work on the Ol' girl. One of the things the tuner says it can do is, disable traction...
  7. T

front brake issue. please help!

Thanks for all of the responses. The issue has been fixed.. it was actually the brake pad on the front drivers side on the inside. My rotor was toast! Haha. Everything is fixed now tho. Thank you all!
  8. T

throttle body question regarding my 04 Exploder 4.0L XLT

If I was to put a bigger throttle body spacer, or put one on..period.. (i dont know if it has a TB Spacer on it, coming out the factory... :/ im still learning) on the ol girl, would it give me any more power/hp/torque? If so ~how much? ...round about.... Also.. any cheap ideas on how to...
  9. T

*to get in there to look
  10. T

I haven't changed my brakes recently. It has to be the caliper. Whether is a piston or pin idk. My tools were stolen. I haven't been able to go to a buddy's house yet..
  11. T

Thank you, I will try this! Any other tips or tricks from anyone and everyone is welcome. I do my own work on my trucks, but at the same time I am still learning. Always willing to do research and learn about various topics. Thank you kindly for all of your help. Tyler/TyBo/TyBogIt
  12. T

hey all! I am having trouble with my front driver side brake. It is hanging up, causing my pad to be in constant contact with my Rotor. If you have any thoughts or questions on how I might go about greasing the push pins? It would be greatly appreciated because I really don't have the cash right...
  13. T

Rear end gear ratio?

I see others with an L in the last sequence of numbers meaning limited slip. What would the k mean?
  14. T

Rear end gear ratio?

On the diff tag it says 355 88 3k30 does that mean I have 355 gears?
  15. T

Rear end gear ratio?

My explorer at 60 mph is at 1800rpm with OD on. OD off its at 2500rpm. Anyone know what gears I may have?? Sorry i have been told my font is ginormous. Acannot change the size. I am not intending to "yell" lol, as I have been told. Thanks for any help fellas..
  16. T

How many miles on your 3RD GEN! orig. tranny????

04 with 180k on factory trans. still wheelin..
  17. T

4x4 light blinking

Any ideas on the "4x4" light blinking 7 times?
  18. T

4x4 light blinking

I have 4x4 auto. It does it while it should be in 2wd.. does it in 4wd as well. My first 4wd truck as well. Just wanted to throw that in There Starting to think it may be the uneven tread wear in my tires, causing auto to kick in
  19. T

why does no one answer my questions?!?

I'm new to this forum. I apologize for the font size. I don't see an option to change it in here. The other font was to small for me to read. I didn't know font size was a problem my apologies. Also I don't have an owners manual, that's why I was happy when I found this website.
  20. T

why does no one answer my questions?!?

i thought this was supposed to be a helpful forum site. But it seems like only the popular/cool kids get their questions answered.. aggravating... smh...
  21. T

Torque value?

how much were those hinges? I've got a bad one, myself..
  22. T

4x4 light blinking

my 4x4 light started blinking recently... I was curious if anyone was to know what could be the cause of it? I believe it blinks about 7 times. The light stays on for a second then goes off for about a second, 7 times...My 4wd still engages and works. I noticed my front end, sort of bind up and...
  23. T

BTF Fabrication Explorer Lift Coil Spacer discussions

Does anyone know what kind of metal these BTF's are made of, specifically?
  24. T

BWM Brown Wire Mod 3rd Gen

No such button :( any ideas on how to get into Harness and disable? If at all possible..
  25. T

2004 4.0L xlt traction control

Is it possible disable traction control? I dont have a tc button or advance trac? Not sure what the latter is but saw it mentioned in a post.. was wondering if I did the bwm if it would disable tc? Or if there is another mod available that would disable the tc? bc when I punch the gas and turn...
Back