Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 7

New Update!!!!

I run 93 Octane, 3bar V5 and I do mostly local driving. My average is 15mpg. Long trips I get 20mpg. Towing on 93 Oct 3bar I get 10mpg.
  2. 7

New Update!!!!

I loaded the 93 Octane 3Bar V5 this morning and had a chance to play around. My shifting is perfect and I do not notice any power loss. I have not been able to play with launches yet. I am happy and look forward to an eventual V6 with more refinement haha!
  3. 7

New Update!!!!

Sent thank you!
  4. 7

New Update!!!!

I just took a 7hour trip each way using my V4 93 3bar and in drive mode at say 70-80mph when I mashed to the floor to make a high-speed highway pass mine would not upshift for a second or two at redline. I am really worried I might have transmission problems but reverted to OEM this does not...
  5. 7

New Update!!!!

I am running V4 93 Oct 3bar. I had a few emails back and forth with Anthony, this new tune was occasionally hitting redline and bouncing off the limiter. I thought I was having transmission issues at first. When hammering the engine in this new tune you have to turn off traction control. Oddly...
  6. 7

Cold Air Intake (CAI) Discussion

Never had an issue I had the AirRaid on my 2013 SHO never once an issue and I had that car serviced at 2 dealers. My Xsport was just in for service a couple weeks ago no problem.
  7. 7

Thats definately a decision you have to make because noone will guarantee against that. I have had a 93Octane tune on my previous car (Sho) from 500 miles to 30k with no issue. Everytime I went for service I detuned. My XSPORT has the 93 Octane + 3bar+ thermostat. I put that tune on at 500 miles...
  8. 7

Time to get yourself a tune! I can't say enough good things about Livernois tunes. I have been a customer since 2012.
  9. 7

Having SO much trouble finding mods

Those are some HP numbers. Check out this thread regarding the K&n on our Ecoboost engines. The performance downpipes that are available are only putting out 15HP and require a modification to the tune. How are you getting 40HP with a cat delete setup...
  10. 7

Mdesign probably could better answer, I just know the posts I have seen on other fourum guys are also tuned. I have an LMS tune.
  11. 7

Do you run a tune? I believe those of us with the soot elimination are running tunes. My exhaust tips were really bad with the buildup before the mdesign.
  12. 7

Things are good with the intake. Not much more to post about it. Now that spring is here even though we keep getting snow, I can get the windows down and you can really hear the turbos spooling. The blowoff is louder as well. I do notice my exhaust tips are no longer blackened. More owners are...
  13. 7

Explorer Sports 2015 Headlight Upgrade

They are a lot brighter and provide some additional lighting at night. I have passed other SUVs with HID fogs and those would provide more lighting. LEDs have not reached the level of HID output. What works nice for these Is you pop out the factor bulb put this in. No Ballasts, no extra...
  14. 7

Explorer Sports 2015 Headlight Upgrade

I have the Diode Dynamics XP80 510 Lumens fog.Below is a front picture. They are very bright. The XML2 1410 Lumens are too large to fit. The passenger side hits the washer fluid tank I believe. They are massive, and now I think would be far too bright. The XP80s compliment my HIDs, not outshine...
  15. 7

Got Livernois?

They posted up in a thread somewhere here or on another forum up to 80HP. I know that is with 93 Octane and not sure if thats the 3bar setup or not.
  16. 7

Got Livernois?

If you want to have some fun, turn off traction control and put 4wd into Sand Mode. Spool the turbos, hold the brake down and rev to 2500rpm and let it go! Wheelspin like you couldnt imagine on an Explorer! I went a step further and did the 3bar, thermostat, and just recently added the...
  17. 7

Got Livernois?

I had their 93 octane on my 2013 SHO and ran it to 28k. Picked up my 2015 Xsport, they transferred no charge! I decided to go a step further and added the 3bar and evenflow thermostat. Right now I have a little over 4500 miles and grin ear to ear every time I drive. With gas prices continuing to...
  18. 7

gas mileage, tuned

I was averaging 15.9mpg around town. I have moved up to 16.4 mpg after adding the CAI. This is normal driving with the occaisonal hard acceleration for a pass, and short parkway rides staying around 70mph. This also includes some snow mode 4wd over the weekend. Going full out throttle and 80mph...
  19. 7

Livernois Tune

You do not want the dealership seeing your tune. You risk voiding your warranty. Although with Ford recently announcing that they will be offering after sales tuning of the ecoboost, it might change things a little. The dealer can see how many times you flash your ecu and they could "guess" that...
  20. 7

MDesign Intake I just got a chance to install my Mdesign Carbon fiber CAI yesterday. I installed it outside in the driveway (37 deg out) with 2 tools, a 5/16 socket, and a flathead screwdriver. Install time about 40 minutes and one bloody finger! At one point I was scratching my head saying no...
  21. 7

Livernois Tune

Thank you! I re flashed my tune today because my shifting has gotten complacent on me. I did a 2k launch in sand mode and damn! My truck spun all through first gear into 2nd on "D" no manual shift. No wheel hop just pure power! I have to go play with this some more!
  22. 7

Livernois Tune

What does launching in sand mode do? I turn off traction and spool to 2k for launch.
  23. 7

2015 Explorer Sport Tuning Options

If all you bought was the tuner, you would be extremely pleased with the huge gain in performance. The tuner plugs into the port under your dashboard and you follow the onscreen prompts. Very easy nothing at all to worry about you even get instructions and phone support with the tuners. I did...
  24. 7

Fogged fog light

Crystal, Thank you for replying! My driver's side has been completely fogged over, now its down to half way. The passenger side now has 1/4 of the glass covered. When I first noticed this, it was very cold out. Now it has warmed up a bit more and is going away. Since I have modified the stock...
  25. 7

Fogged fog light

The the past week I noticed my driver side fog light has been clouded from moisture. I did a check to make sure it wasn't cracked from the outside. I swapped my fog light bulbs about 2 months ago. I have had heavy rains since the swap with no moisture buildup until now. I wanted to see if anyone...
Back