Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Happy Jack

Radio check

How bout cha Kansas RBV's? Jon? Flip? Others?
  2. Happy Jack

2013 Utah Old West Trails Trip report

K. The plan yesterday was for Outlaw and Gadgit to head out today for the Swell. I decided to leave via I-70 today for Denver. Found out last night that Caveman was leaving tomorrow and called him to see if we could meet up for 20 minute chicken in Green River. He told me Sundance was going...
  3. Happy Jack

Sissy's going up, 97 Sport lift questions.

Sissy is my 1997 Sport (2dr), 4.0 SOHC, auto4x4, 4.11 ls, mono leaf. I have a Superlift 4" front box kit on the way. I have been doing some reading and think I might have a general idea of the rest but wanted to nail it down for sure. I am not wanting to go higher than what the Superlift 4"...
  4. Happy Jack

Sissy, Green's little sister

Looks like I'm adding a new one. Sissy is a 97 Sport, 4.0, auto, .411's and LS. Pic's are from Arch Canyon in Utah back in 04.
  5. Happy Jack

Well I done did it.

Ya I did. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327664 Since it'll be in yer folks back yard, figured a heads up was in order. Now I have trouble gettin folks on this trail. I have it on 3 Kansas boards including the one on this site. Guess folks have trouble driving 1000...
  6. Happy Jack

Utah Trip (AKA Kick HITR Trails Butt Thread)

K, Clint and I went out last May and missed kicking that trails butt "by that much". Dates are locked in as September 6th through the 14th. Newest kinda sorta trip plan is in post #10. I wanna go back. Curtman? Chad? Jon? Sparks? Cybergasm? Others? It'll have ya giggling like little...
  7. Happy Jack

Off-Road permits needed for registered vehicles question

Heard a rumor that Colorado is requiring folks to purchase an off road permits for daily drivers to wheel on trails. Info I received was unclear and some have said they were required in other states as well. I checked over on United's site and it is pertty slow with not a lot of posts and the...
  8. Happy Jack

1350/1354 interchange of parts?

I have a 1354 manual t-case with a cracked rear housing 1/2. I have a spare 1350 manual t-case in good working condition. Will the back 1/2 of the 1350 case interchange with the 1354? Figured to use all the 1354 stuff and just switch the back 1/2 of the case.
  9. Happy Jack

No start after Intake Manifold gasket install

1994 4.0. My son pulled it a part. The AC compressor was leaking and blew oil on the front of the engine. We cleaned upper and lower intakes. Installed the new gaskets with problem solver parts. Found and replace a bad vacume line from the purge valve to the throttle body. Installed new...
  10. Happy Jack

Collie Raddie 2011?

So, them altie tudes get to me. I cain't hardly move ifin I'm at 10-12 thousand ft. fer very long. So's I been thinin bout leavin on thursday an drivin out to Canon City. Used ta be the American Inn haded rooms fer $29 a night an were nice an clean. Then git up friday and drive up to Nathrop...
  11. Happy Jack

Wichita, KS Party

Folks used ta have morgage burning party's. Well my house is 100% mine in June and I wanna through a party. I'm renting a place at O.J. Watson Park. I'll cook up burgers n' dogs. Tater salad, beans, slaw, and...............pie? Chips maybe or cookies. Some veggies and dip. A cream cheese ball ur...
  12. Happy Jack

Sunday Evening GTG Tomorrow?

Larry has moved his trip up to Tennesee to pick up his new truck. He will be in town tomorrow evening and we will leave Monday morning. Said he'd be in around meal time and would like to go out and eat and visit with folks. He is on mountian time so I would guess close to 7:00 PM central time...
  13. Happy Jack

Sunflower Swapmeet Feb 4-5

http://www.wichitaas.com/swapmeet/swapmeet.html Anyone going? Flip and I are meeting with some others on sat. morning at Spangles in Park City. Then they are goin up to the swapmeet. Then meet up for BBQ about noonish some where.
  14. Happy Jack

Anyone else make bullits?

I load smokeless and black powder cartridges. 38 Colt, .38 special, .357 mag, 44 Colt, 44 WCF, 45 LC, 45-70, and 12 gauge. Anyone else make bullits? What do ya load?
  15. Happy Jack

No pain in KS tonight

I have me a set of 10 oz heavy base tumblers. I fill um with ice an 90% Evan Williams an 10% diet dew. Fired up a ceegar. Gettin ready for my 4th drink an feelin no pain right now. Anyone else pain free in KS?
  16. Happy Jack

Vehicle inspections in KS?

http://www.kansas.com/2010/10/05/1527352/area-could-exceed-new-epa-limits.html Looks like they are comin.
  17. Happy Jack

U um tah!

Everyone together now..........U um tah! U um tah! U um tah! U um tah! U um tah! U um tah! U um tah! Sat 21st-Leave Wichita and travel to Pagosa Springs, CO. Sun 22nd-Travel to Halls Crossing to meet folks and then out in the desert to camp that night...
  18. Happy Jack

94 X 4x4 overheats when worked hard

Took it to the shop again this mornin and the guy asked if I researched this so I figured I'd post. Gonna be a little long. Bought it 3 years ago north of philly and it was a Jersey truck. Had the original one core radiator and M5OD in it. AC did not work and I drove it back to KS. Fixed ac...
  19. Happy Jack

Differential fluid level?

I have a 88 Bronco II with a C-5 and a T&M Doubler. I have a low pinion full width 9" axle in the rear and we cut the sping pads off and installed new ones for the BII width and proper driveshaft angle. Someone I know sugested to relocate the fill plug as the pinion gear and bearing is now...
  20. Happy Jack

Camp, Shoot & Wheel Weekend?

March 19-21. Chili feed (let me know if you need hotdogs instead and how many) Saturday evening at the Fancy Creek Campground.(Donation) Rain/bad weather plan will move to Sizlin in Manhattan. Saturday mornin fry bread and bacon breakfast. Bring yer own toppings/additions. I can bring a box of...
  21. Happy Jack

Oil preasure gauge bouncing lower?

Just back from a trip and the oil preasure gauge needle has been bouncing a bit. It mornally sets in about the middle of NORMAL. Started it a while ago (before the last trip) but is getting worse. Now it drops all the way down to the bottom of the bracket below the N in NORMAL and stays there...
  22. Happy Jack

Rebuilt M5OD problem

I have a 94 Sport and it came with a M5OD. It had some trouble so I took it out 2 years ago and put a C-5/4 and doubler in. Decided to go back with the M5OD and took it to a tranny shop 2 weeks ago. Finished the install tonight and it won't go into 4th gear and it kicks out of OD when you let...
  23. Happy Jack

Shifter Rebuild?

I have the two plastic cuped washers(new) and do not see an old one below the pins in the tranny top. Do those pins have to be removed to get one of the washer uner them? If so what is the best method. Does anyone have a diagram on what parts go where? I have the nut off of one side of the...
  24. Happy Jack

M5OD vent?

Does the std. 5-speed need a vent hose run? I'm putting my M5OD back in and did not see one. It's a 94 Sport.
  25. Happy Jack

94 Sport Cat Back?

I'm not finding a listing for a Cat Back exhaust for my 94 Sport. Dynomax, Gibson, and Magna Flow list them for 4dr models. And Dynomax list a part number for a 91-92 2dr. Looking to upgrade not for a lot of extra power or special sound, I'd just like a bit more MPG. I can get stock stuff...
Back