Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Frame Length

Hey guys, I'm back again... hoping to get back into the build. I was wondering real quick if one of you would be so kind as to measure the length of the frame from tip to tip. I don't have the truck here with me and need the dimension for some number crunching. Thank yall!!!
  2. S

General Axle Question

Hey guys, I know its been some times since ive been on here. Been very very busy. Real quick tho.... if i have a a drum that is HUB-centric and want to convert to disc brakes... I should be able to use the same hub with a lug centric rim as long as i change the type of lug nuts right? or does...
  3. S

Fuel Pump Questions

Yeah im going to be using a carb. If I was going to use a faster fuel pump with id hurt it with the regulator at 7psi?
  4. S

Fuel Pump Questions

Thanks JTSmith!! The only reason I want to get that steel braided line is cause I can get it cheap and becuase I need to reroute the lines for the suspension. So they have to come out anyway. If I get that high flow pump will I need to run a regulator for that Carb? Do you have any...
  5. S

Fuel Pump Questions

Ok guys quick question. What Ford vehicles interchange with our Sport Trac Fuel Pump? I want to get a higher flowing pump for the new motor but im trying to stay "intank". Also did Ford come out with different size push-lock fittings? Im also changing the stock hard line to steel braided. If...
  6. S

302 small block in 2001 Sport Trac

The only thing that I want to continue working is the A/C. Im not worried about anything else. What im thinking is, leave the whole computer system installed and just leaving the engine harness connector disconnected. Im hoping someone on here figures out a way to make the A/C run on its own...
  7. S

the only video clip of the truck is while the truck is in action... if thats what you mean?
  8. S

Cause I got this motor, tranny, and transfer case for free!! :D
  9. S

Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread!

just a little lift. didnt want to go that high, still want to park in parking garages :)
  10. S

Yeah I know it would be easier but im tired of seeing the same thing. Im not really worried about the work that has to be done. I think it would be pretty cool at the end. Plus if I ever get more power hungry ill always be able to upgrade. Not that its not possible with that other motor, itll...
  11. S

Ok guys.... are yall ready for this one?? This might take a while. Well, my plans are to put a 302 in the Trac. Id like to start this thread as a write up that yall can follow along with. You might get some new ideas or maybe youre doing the same thing and have the same questions. I also realize...
  12. S

Question about gear swaping

i need a full width cause cause my front axle is a full width. I have someone who does gears for a living, so thats not a prob. I was just wondering what all would be involved and how easy it would be.
  13. S

Question about gear swaping

OK guys, yall remember a couple days ago how I was asking about that 4" spacer? Well I happened to find an 8.8 out of a 96 f150 for $150. So heres my questions. First, that is a full width rear end right? Second, since it is an 8.8 would I be able to take the diff. out of my 8.8 and transfer it...
  14. S

scavenger hunt :)

i also already have gears already in the 8.8 i have now
  15. S

would the full width 8.8 have that speed sensor?
  16. S

alright guys, ive got a task for you!! :salute: I need to find a place that will make me a 4" wheel adapter/spacer. I need it to go from 5 on 4.5 to 5 on 5.5. the axle they will be bolting to is an 8.8. and for those of you wondering why on earth I would want a 4" spacer, im doing an sas but...
  17. S

lift fitment question

awesome, thanks bro. sorry that stuff wont fit :( ive been trying to sell that stuff forever
  18. S

lift fitment question

no i have not posted my stuff there. is that another forum?
  19. S

lift fitment question

will a spindle lift for an 01 ranger edge fit an 03 xlt non-edge?
  20. S

Glacier nothing works now??

im not sure how old it is. i have the sep plate with the bonded gaskets. the very first time i took everything apart and put it back together i saw some "bubbles" but ford claimed it was still good so i used it. then today when i took it off i noticed a couple more bubbles. not big ones just...
  21. S

oh im sorry... yes i did. and "/lb torque wrench
  22. S

alright guys... i just tried it again. reverse kicks in but slips. and when i put it into drive it drove fine. i only went up and down the street. it shifted into 2nd fine and then i pulled back into the driveway.
  23. S

i did reuse the gasket. i did make sure that the manual gear was in place. if the manual gear wasnt in place it wouldnt have moved at all right? cause i did get into reverse and i did get into 1st. do you think the epc failed? or would that not cause complete failer??
  24. S

well first i drained the fluid and took the pan off. then i unbolted the VB and removed it. Then I used a C-clamp to slightly push the intermediate servo cap in . then i removed the retaining ring, loosened the c- clamp and removed the clamp and the piston. swapped in the new one and put the cap...
  25. S

OK so I replaced the piston put everything back together and now I have nothing. No gears work. Not even a little bit. When I put it into reverse to back out of the drive way nothing happened. then all of the sudden it engaged and then went out again. So I put it in drive to go back up the...
Back