Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

No turn signals, no hazzards

Very odd issue. Today I used hazards for a few mins as I was stopped in the road for a bit. Later in the day I noticed that the blinkers have stopped working. I also had my boat today and put it in the water so that could be a cause perhaps. I checked fuses 7 and 11 on the drivers side fuse...
  2. C

Using a tow dolly?

I love my Sport Trac. I actually wish to keep it for many more years. It has worked great for everything I need it to do. I flip cars as a side business. I try to buy only running cars but make more money buying broken cars. Currently I have the non-running cars towed to my house but would...
  3. C

Horn randomly blows

Just picked up a 2000 Mountaineer. Only issue I ma having is sometimes the horn blows a little, like in the middle of the night while the car is parked and keys not in it The other day i was driving it and the horn went off and would not stop. I had to pull over and I pulled relays until it...
  4. C

Realistic value of good SOHC motor and trans?

My Sport Trac runs good, no chain noise, trans shifts good. I had this motor installed and it has about 130k on it and the trans was replaced sometime before I got this truck. Anyway I have found a good running 5.0 Explorer for a good price. I want to know what you think I would be likely to...
  5. C

Request for wiring diagram - fog light switch

I am working on adapting my for light switch (the one on the radio bezel) to control my lightbar. There are 4 wires going to it. Can someone pull up the wiring diagram for those 4 wires? Thanks in advance!
  6. C

Cannot engage 4x4 unless driving over 30 mph

***EDIT**** SOLVED, SEE NEW POST AT BOTTOM..... Hello all. I am looking to get this problem fixed as with winter here I need to be able to get my truck into 4x4 whenever needed. Currently if I am stopped or driving slow turning the knob to 4x4 I can hear the relay clicking under the...
  7. C

light towing - O/D on or off?

I want to tow my 14' boat which weighs around 1,200 lbs with the trailer 900 miles. It is all flalt, can I keep the o/d on or turn it off?
  8. C

trailer Wiring

I am picking up a new (to me) 14 foot jet boat in the morning. What is the deal with wiring it up for a 7 pin plug?
  9. C

Installed Roof Light Bar

It is a 43" curved bar. I looks great, nice and low profile just like I wanted. Very sturdy. I used Tundra mounts and riveted it to the roof bars. What do you think?
  10. C

Wiring up LED light bar

I just ordered a 42" LED bar for my roof. I want the bar on with my high beams. Where is the easiest place to tap into 12+ when the high beams are on? Under the hood would be a great spot. I will be using it to trigger a 40 amp relay. Do we have a High Beam relay under the hood and if so...
  11. C

Basic questions about tire size and lift

I know I had all these answers a few years ago when I had my first ST but am haivng trouble finding them now. Here is the deal. I lost my 1st ST over a title issue (could not get a clear title for it) I bought a 2nd nicer one with a good title and blown motor. I bought a V8 Explorer and was...
  12. C

Kick Panels - what type are they?

I would like to install kick panel speaker enclosures in my 2001 Sport Trac I am still confused as to what the interior panels are. Are they Ranger panels or Explorer panels? If so what year would be the best match? This is what I am talking about
  13. C

Is there a How to remove V8 thread?

Hello, I am going to pull the V8 out of my donor V8 Explorer in a couple of days. Is there a decent write-up on the best method for performing it? Once I get the motor out I am sending it to a rebuilder. When I get it back I will be dropping it into my Sport Trac. Thanks for the help!
  14. C

V8 Swap offically started today

Hello everyone. So after looking for months I finally found a donor for my swap. To back up for a minute, a few months ago I found a 2001 Burgandy 4x4 Sport Trac with gray leather interior and painted tonneau cover. No dents, no rust, interior in great shape with a bad V6 at an estate...
  15. C

Truck hasn't run in years, no oil pressure

I just bought a 2001 Sport Trac from an estate sale. The truck was a one owner and was taken very good care of. The tags expired in 2011 so the last time it ran was around that. The motor is the Cologne 4.0 I had it towed to my home. After finding that it had no fuel pressure and...
  16. C

New truck, doesn't start - fuel issues

Hello everyone. Just bought a second Sport Trac yesterday. I saw it listed at an estate sale. I got it for $1,100 The tag expired in 2011 I put a new battery in it and it cranks good but does not start. I do not hear the fuel pump whirl when the key is turned to "on" So far...
  17. C

Door Glass, same as Explorer?

I need to replace my Drivers side front door glass as I had to bust it out today. Please tell me it is the same as a normal 4 door Explorer. If it is then it will be super easy and cheap to get a replacement. Thanks in advance!
  18. C

Rear breaks lock up

Hello everyone. I have been reading this board for a few months now. I just bought a 2001 Sport Trac. It has a problem with the brakes. The ABS light is lit on the dash. Whenever applying the brakes semi-hard the rear brakes lock up. It does this at any speed. It is...
Back