Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

Infragate finally Elite

Hey all, Well today i have finally become Elite! My rig has been somethingi have been workin very hard on the last little while. I bought my tires before i had lifted the truck and once i picked them up, i had no choice but to lift her up. I began collecting parts last fall and had all of what...
  2. I

daddy_ja

Great transaction from daddy_ja! great communication, fast shipping and the packaging was good! the items were in great shape. Thanks Again!
  3. I

Steering Gear

I have looked everywhere and cannot find a company in Canada that rebuilds steering gears. I have seen that alot of you guys have exchanged your worn gears for a rebuilt one. What is the name of the company that you deal with and does anyone in Canada know of a company that does this? The price...
  4. I

Lift Coils

Just wondering what the difference is in height between the 6" skyjacker coils and the 5.5" superlift. I have the superlift coils and they may be the older saggy version of them. I have heard that the skyjacker springs are not as tall as the superlift. Can you guys that have run them both shed...
  5. I

superlift installation

Got a question for you guys running the 5.5 superlift. Begun installing mine and now have the passenger side all done minus tires, and im wondering how close to the top of the extended radius arm the shock is really suppose to be? it also kind of sits arched a bit, like this / . Now i know once...
  6. I

Keyless kit

Hey guys, wondering where i can buy a keyless entry/ power locks kit for my 91 XL. Had some F^&K bust my lock out yesterday and ruin my door while doing it. Im so pissed!! I want to eliminate the locks on the doors except the hatch and use keyless entry to get in and what not. Does anyone know...
  7. I

Alloy wheels

Hey all, I picked up a great set of alloy wheels off Ebay for next to nothing. They look wicked but i do want to polish them up a bit. What do you guys use on alloy wheels. I searched but nothing of any real help came up. recommendations? thanks..
  8. I

1st gen seat mods

Don't know if this is the right section but anyway, i am just wondering if anyone has replaced the stock seats ( front anyway ) for a set of offroad seats with the harnesses. i noticed that there are companies that make them for jeeps but what about the X. Where can one purchase a set? Your...
  9. I

D-35 wheel bearings

Wondering if anyone has done any work to the d-35 wheel bearing situation to handle 35 inch tires. I have an idea on how to space the bearings out from each other which would require turning down the spindles a bit and add spacers to keep the rotors in the same location but just space out the...
  10. I

rear wheel bearings and seals

Hey all, Im looking for the part numbers for the rear wheel bearings and seals for my 8.8, prefferably timken and CR or national seals. Can anyone provide this information. Thanks, Dan
  11. I

Lift Senario

Hey all, I know many people ask this all the time: i want to clear 35 inch tire, what do i do? Well i already know what i need to do: 6" suspension, and 3" body lifts. Ive got my gears, 4.56, etc but what i really want to hear are stories from the guys running similar set ups. What are your...
  12. I

XL to XLT conversion question

I have the chance to pick up an XLT that is pretty well toast in more ways than one for cheap, but the stuff like cruise control power windows etc still works in it and i was wondering what kind of job converting my XL to an XLT would be like. I know its possible but what is all necessary? Would...
  13. I

Boogieman "Bad News Seller"

About a month ago i went ahead and purchased a 6" skyjacker lift from a guy named Boogieman. The thread was called " Wife Forces sale" and i sent the cash he wanted for the lift, trouble is i still have not got this lift and he has not contacted me since the money order arrived to him. He is...
  14. I

Axle wrap

Just wondering about a SOA mod. I want to know how to prevent axle wrap. It has not happened to me but it sounds like its not hard to do. I have the 4 litre motor and don't want to punch it because im afraid it may wrap. Do you guys with the Soa in the rear find that it is not something really...
  15. I

8.8 Regear article.

Over the last little while i have noticed that no one has really posted anything about regearing diffs so i thought i would let you guys know that i found an article in the back section of this months Car Craft magazine on how to regear a Ford 8.8. Now it does have some good information but for...
  16. I

lift question

I am putting a 6" skyjacker lift in my X and was wondering what you thought about a 2" AAL and spacers in there as well. I have the 2" lift in now and was just gonna throw in the 6" ontop of that. Is this a bad idea or will it be fine.
  17. I

SteveVB

Bought a couple of springs from Steve and must say it was a pleasure doing business with him. Went out of his way to make the sale a successful transaction. Would do business again anytime. Thanks again steve, Dan
  18. I

dnellans

Purchased 2 pro comp ES 3000 shocks from dave and was very pleased with the transaction. Not only were the parts in the exact shape stated but the price and delivery time were perfect. He was even kind enough to answer some questions i had about the parts. Would do business again anytime! Thanks...
  19. I

susp. lift question

how exactly would the 2" skyjacker lift with the longer coils and AAL be different than the Pro Comp 2" lift with the spacers and the AAL. In saying it this way i am refering to ride quality and what not. Not the fact that 1 comes with spacers while the other with coils. What do you guys think?
  20. I

Dog legs

Just have a question. My dog leg on one side is done and i had to cut it out. I am going to replace it but want to know, Can i eliminate that dog leg some how. I do not like the way it looks and want a nice smooth piece all across the rockers from front to back. Is it lying over the rocker for...
  21. I

Spacer question

Hey everyone, quick question. I've searched the site but havn't found a real answer so here goes: I am putting in a 2" lift, Spacers and AAL, and was wondering if i need the shock extenders because, My coils are brand new no sag and i bought leafs out of the junk yard that came off a 97 with...
  22. I

Tranny filter

Just wondering, i want to put a filter in for my tranny but don't want to buy the kit. Is it possible to use just the spin on type hydraulic filter head and mount that instead? I don't think there is much of a difference. Then i will just buy an oil filter and mount it to the head. What do you...
  23. I

Original speakers

Damn i am very impressed, i put a new Panasonic CD player into my 91 and left the original speakers in and WOW, they are pretty good. Actually they are so good many of my friends thought i had a hidden sub and new speakers in the truck. Anyone have the same results? Man i love my X!!
  24. I

Power steering fluid

Hello, I am wondering what i can use in my power steering system other than ATF type F. I am replacing my steering box and want to change my fluid to a synthetic type oil. I Have a first gen X. Apparently there is no Type F ATF that is synthetic, what are you guys using and how does it stand up...
  25. I

Steering help

Hi everyone. Wondering if you could answer of few questions of mine. I have a 91 Xl and have some play in my steering. Now what it is exactly: the steering wheel can be moved from one side to the other about 1/8 before the wheels actually turn. Now ive been doing alot of research on this site...
Back