Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

5r55e interchangability - ohv / sohc

Are you sure about that info? The bell housing is different in OHV and SOHC. From what I have read .
  2. T

5R55E Interchange Help Please

Did you end up useing a 2001?
  3. T

So the OHV and SOHC do have different bolt up housings, interesting. Well that sucks for compatibility of useing OHV and OHC. You mentioned swapping the housing which is easy but what was the deal with the pumps? you had to change that too and if I may ask what did it involve? Thanks for the...
  4. T

Bringing back a old thread, Has anyone installed a 2001 5r55e in a older model say 1998-2000 and never bothered with the extra sensor added in 2001? The new sensor added in 2001 is external is it not.? Also when looking for a 98 5r55e from the wreckers they mention 98 is only compatible...
  5. T

Solved Fuse Box Diagram

Possible Fix I had this problem too, washer fluid on front stopped working, back still worked,, tried another pump same thing.Hooked up a multimeter to washer pump and had friend press washer fluid.it was reading below 12v like 10 or something. I dug further and tried something.well guess...
  6. T

98 Sport 1st gear Trans Problem Help

Bump Bump, Guess nobody has figured this problem out for the 5r55e. Will have to replace with a low mile used one I guess. Thanks for the help with those who tried..
  7. T

Hi all, I have a 1998 4x4 Explorer sport 2 dr, it has a 5R55E transmission, My question is, can I use a transmission from a 2001 to replace in my 1998.? Also what years are compatible/interchangeable 1998-2001 ? Is it the same, will it just go in and all is fine or is there steps to...
  8. T

Thanks for the time to help, and have interest in this thread. As of today i still have this problem, I just replaced a new updated all parts valve body from central valvebodies. The old valve body had no gasket tear problems, did notice the EPC solenoid bracket was cracked.I installed new...
  9. T

Hi, Sorry no info still from anybody, I was going to try the junkyard and try to replace the valvebody, solenoids and servo and see if anything changes. So far no replies about it at all. I wish somebody could help as to me why I have no low gear, it just whines a little and slowly pulls like...
  10. T

Hi, I am hopeing someone can help me out please. I have a 1998 Ford Explorer 2 Dr Sport 4x4 with 4.0L SOHC I believe, and If I am correct it has a 5R55E Automatic O/D Transmission? Well here is my problem, I was parked on the side of the road talking on my cellphone, I ended my call and...
  11. T

Radio LED display fix!!!

Worked Bought a 98 sport 2 days ago,,radio led was off no display,I read and read and read,and today 2 days later I pulled it apart as to the instructions on this site. First get the radio out,can make 2 hooks from a coat hanger like I did,this fix cost me $0.00 as I had solder...
Back