Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

"A4LD X's when did your tranny go?

170-180k mine seemed to start slipping around 170k and then stopped. just now started to stick in first gear unless i ease off and then it will shift. probably lost 2nd gear from what i can tell but i havent gone to a tranny shop yet. I'm expecting to need the "R" word sometime soon.
  2. M

Power Windows Won't Power

hey, have you taken the door panel off yet? after making a few funny sounds my driver's window stopped working completely last night. I took off the door panel and there is a black box mounted to the inside of the drivers side plastic that the wires must be plugged into. mine had a stripped bolt...
  3. M

Underhood Fuel Smell and Where oh where is the evap canisitor located?

just an update at napa this part it called the "canister purge solenoid"...the part #is correct and I going to pick mine up now!!
  4. M

TROLL @ the track 3/13

you gotta love the nay sayer in that video.You know that dude who said " hey aint that your homeboy?! gimmie a time on that thang" and my favorite " he aint got no 11 heheh..." i would have loved to see his face during that first run lol
  5. M

Sway Bars

so... for a 100% street ex, after better shocks, is it poly bushings & aftermarket bars or no sway bars at all? If i understand right, the ride is better without sway bars, but cornering is better with the stiffer ones...right? :confused:
  6. M

Custom gauge faces that you can make out of paper

cool idea but what about fading, wrinkling and stuff like that? I'm not sure how long paper faces would look good.
  7. M

1993 Explorer Sport 4x4 on 18's

sweet. Nice truck man:eek:
  8. M

How much money have put in your Explorer?

1994 explorer (bought in '96) : $16,000 A few added HP : $1,000 Knowing I have all you guys to catch up to : PRICELESS!
  9. M

3.55 gears and Dana 28??

quit yer gripin'.. I got 3.08's...accelerates like a tank. But i do get 20mpg highway lol!
  10. M

heat riser

:CAUTION: :roll: removing the heat riser will cause your truck to be lighter than the warm air under the hood and your truck will float away...nah i'm J/k ;) Some people remove it some don't, It just warms the air on cold starts, I removed mine with no ill effects. Do a search on...
  11. M

Green Light on amplified Thunderform???

I may be wrong but on an older Pioneer amp I used to have, there was a green light that stayed on all the time, and a red one that meant the amp was on. I believe the constant current for the amp was designed to keep the circuits active or from getting too cold. Or like I said I could be wrong.
  12. M

Airbox

ahh... now that depends on who you ask. It seems most guys didnt remove it when they removed the airbox for the kkm. kkm says to remove it so I did. I don't notice my truck taking any longer to warm up than before, but it hasnt been really cold here since I installed mine.
  13. M

radius arm bushing suggestions?

hey bryan I'm in Columbus, and I have been thinking about getting mine done too, let me know if you find a good shop or decide to d.i.y.
  14. M

Airbox

the flex tube part is the heat riser assembly. it comes off an exhaust manifold to the cold air intake. its designed to help warm the engine by warming the air entering the engine on cold starts.
  15. M

Fishtailing

so overall do you guys think the LS axle is better for traction or worse? just curious... I have the open 3.08 so its next to impossible to accidentally fishtail my X, and somewhere down the road i'm thinking 3.73 ls...
  16. M

I need some ideas/help with building a custom center console/sub box.

console brackets? I dont know what year Ex you have, or if you have actually had the center console out, but in mine there is a large bracket that the console mounts to. Not impossible to remove but probably a PITA.
  17. M

Firestone Replacements Stink!

do a search I believe there was a thread on the goodyear rt/s before. To me they are harsh and noisy. Mine kinda remind me of that time I rode with Fred Flinstone...
  18. M

Your Favorite Song to Bump?

let me clarify the line I quoted was 2pac from the "all eyez on me" disc. B.I.G., Santana, "raise up", "Bia Bia",and "Set it off in this mutha" all get play in my truck. Can't forget Mr Bob Marley, AND for you non hip hop heads... the donward spiral, Back in black, dark side of the moon...
  19. M

Your Favorite Song to Bump?

jay z "reasonable doubt" the whole thing, the best rap album of all time.My other favorites i'll sing... "I won't deny it, I'm a straight ridah, you dont wanna ____ with me" and " This should be played at high volume, preferably in a residential neighborhood". yeah I'm old school.
  20. M

Went to the Ford dealer...my truck is FUBARed

Re: Trust me... Hey if I have clear corner lenses does that mean I should use Clear Pepsi?
  21. M

A word to the wise

howdy neighbor... I'm right off high st and broadmeadows blvd. The truck I saw was green (like mine) and hooked up sweet (unlike mine). Figured i'd short belt my dead ac compressor while I have the radiator out, and the idler pulley grinds like an SOB, so i'm gonna replace that too...
  22. M

A word to the wise

hey irty... You dont live up by sawmill pkwy do you? I was up that way yesterday and saw a sweet looking '94 with dual exhaust. I said to myself "i gotta find that guy and tell him his truck is sweeeet ! " Maybe I should have looked for antrifreeze soaked footprints ?! I shouldn't laugh yet, I...
  23. M

new radiator, Tranny lines drip drip dripping...

the leak is at the brass fitting between the old lines and the radiator. I'm thinking its still not tight enough but I know that some threads are supposed to show.
  24. M

new radiator, Tranny lines drip drip dripping...

I need some advice guys. I installed a new radiator yesterday, and the cuplings to the tranny cooler lines are seeping. it seems to be coming from both ends of the brass fitting on both the upper and lower lines. These lines were a beast to get off the old radiator so I'm wondering if I should...
  25. M

Audiobahn is garbage? Say what?

just my .02 of a dollar but has anyone else noticed it seems every "audio guy" at any store has his best/worst company predietermined? The worst always seems to be something they dont carry (or carry much of), and the best is always " (insert company name here) .... its what I have in my car".
Back