Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

coolant temp sensor leaking. can i replace the 0-ring?

2 years later and it's leaking again. I posted here just over 2 years ago I replaced the whole sensor because every o- ring I tried was too big in diameter to fit back in the housing. So, after just replacing the radiator cause it started leaking and the thermostat gasket, I discovered that the...
  2. P

Key stuck in Ignition, Steer Column will not Lock

You're 100% right 06bluez. My fix was temporary. Had to do it again to get my keys out. Would you please explain in a little more detail your permanent fix?
  3. P

Solved. Ok, kfollo is right but not explaining fully. ***This is a 60 second fix I kid you not. It is hard for me to fully illustrate from my phone (I'm without a computer right now) but if you are having this problem, don't freek out, it's a simple fix. Go to Google and search for "2006...
  4. P

Same problem . Wow, it's one thing right after another with this thing, I'm starting to really hate my ride. Dayam, so sad.
  5. P

Fordbluefamily, that doesn't make any sense to me. Freeze yes, boiling water why?
  6. P

I said eff it and bought the whole new $20 unit, comes with the o-ring on it. It's an almost press fit but went right in, took 30 seconds, close the hood and forget about it. The difference between what I was trying to use (obviously wrong) and the correct one is notably different. I just got...
  7. P

I should have done this. I printed out the post from mdisalvo and took it to Napa for an o-ring. The old one broke off fairly easy and the new one went on with a good tight fit. But it's too fat, won't go down deep enough to clip. There's obviously something different between what I've got and...
  8. P

Changing Temp Sensor

I have the same problem. The ONLY thing I replaced is the o-ring and now it won't go in deep enough to clip. It is the correct size and is a real snug fit on the sensor itself. I too am a big person, very handy, this is not my first rodeo. There must be more to this than the size given its got...
  9. P

Me too!! Darn it. O-Ring?? When I took mine out I thought o-ring but the thing feels like ceramic it's so hard. They design this $#!T to break down so you have to take it to the dealer for service. @$$H0l3S!!!
  10. P

Should I replace or repair this coolant hose?

Did it and done. Piece of cake. bmacfarlane's 2nd pic is spot on what you are looking for. Loosen the 2 hose clamps on each side of the plastic intake chingas directly above this *******, remove and set aside. Take some channel locks and crush that old T and remove making sure little bits are...
  11. P

Should I replace or repair this coolant hose?

SHOCKER! I have the same problem AND I had to walk to work today. I caught a YouTube video of what to do. Need channel locks to break the T apart and rip it out of the hose. Next get yourself a 3/4" T and 3 hose clamps. The rest should be self explanatory. I don’t know yet what I’m going...
  12. P

possible to have internment fuel pump failure?

Good stuff guys thank you!! I've got my work cut out. When you say to "read the codes" you don't mean with an OBD2 scanner is assume. Can you elaborate?
  13. P

possible to have internment fuel pump failure?

Yes, is it possible to have internment fuel pump failures? 2006 xlt v6 4.0. It's happened twice, both times after turning the engine off, it would not start, just crank and crank not even a hint of wanting it to start. The first time I got it back running I half way took down the tank, stopped...
  14. P

2006 xlt heater problem

I have the same problem so I clicked in here to see what's up.. Nothing yet, damn.
  15. P

Greetings from N. CA

:-)
  16. P

Clicking noise in rear cargo area driver side

I encounter this problem today :-( ... but thanks to YOU all for your comments / help! Now I can fix it on my own!
  17. P

Greetings from N. CA

Hey guys and gals. I'm Bill (aka PowerJunkie) and I'm in northern California. I'm the proud owner of 2006 Explorer, just purchased. I know these things can have some problems that need attention from time to time so I'm sure you'll be seeing me around a bit. Oh yeah, this is my second Explorer...
  18. P

No crank flashing theft light

Maybe I'm way off, but did you try the security override button? Should be located by the hood or parking brake release. My Explorer has one, so did my F150. I've had to use it in both vehicles.
  19. P

Turn lamp bulb annoyance

I know this thread is old, but it's still very relevant :) This is where Google led me in my searching for replacement turn / brake bulbs for my 2006 Explorer (that I just picked up, LOVING it ! ) and thank goodnees I did find it, saved me a ton of headaches. Fast forward to 2014 and you...
Back