Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Water pump failure leads to dead engine

Yep, its done. They replaced the timing chains, crank seal, and spark plugs while they had it out, in addition to my failed water pump. There is a special place in hell for whoever designed this engine... Here it is!
  2. R

My Explorer is a 2013 Interceptor Utility model, retired DRPS here in Canada. Despite the mileage, it drives excellent and idles so smooth, you have to check its running. It really is in great condition. They took great care of this one. Having said that, it has 229,000 kms / 142,000 miles...
  3. R

Ya, I talked to the shop foreman, and he said its up to the tech, but he says its easier to drop the motor and do it that way, and quicker he claims. I saw those vids on YT. FYI, the water pump is on national back order, and they don't have any idea of when they can get one. Its on emergency...
  4. R

Up for air! Well, my Explorer PI needs a new water pump, which is why I found this thread! I noticed coolant, just a bit at first, just below the AC unit. Wiped it off, no big deal. Didn't leak again for about a month, and this time it was a large leak after a short drive. Found this...
  5. R

2013 Explorer Sport - Rust!

Interesting....my 2013 has the same issue. I thought it was rust too, but apparently not!
  6. R

2011 Explorer transmission fluid change

I've heard the reps on the phone with some people pitching huge repair costs, for something I would have laughed at, and I want to scream at the phone "NO! DON'T DO IT"...I don't know how these people can sleep at night..
  7. R

:sigh: Another LED bites the dust... and Ford's answer blows

That can't be right. $700 EACH?? holy.....
  8. R

Hi from Ontario!

Yep, I have seen his site. I already got my power windows going, and will fix the door locks and open up the rear speakers once its warm enough not to freeze my hands off! I also installed a set of mud flaps (guards?) I got from Ford, and they fit perfect. These should be standard equipment...
  9. R

Help with 2013 police interceptor suv

As for a console, I just used my Clutter Catcher, and bolted it onto the mounting plate. I cut some plastic off the clutter catcher so it would sit flat and not move around once bolted in. Fits perfect, and I have cup holders again!
  10. R

Hi from Ontario!

Hello, I just picked up a retired 2013 PI Utility from my local force, thru a local dealer from auction. Awesome condition, just has some miles (or kilometers as it were). Engine runs nice and smooooth! Slick top, so no lightbar holes, just some neatly plugged antenna holes. No holes in the...
Back