Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

2002 Explorer 5R55W Trans Won't Go Into Any Gear, No Codes

did this ever get solved? i'm having a similar problem thanks!
  2. M

Suddenly NO gear engagement on 02 4.0 EB! son left lights on and keys inside; jimmied door and trans is "missing"!

tried this....sadly without success. Still not a sign of transmission engagement. Will have to call around next week to ask local tranny shops...still open to other suggestions here though! Thanks again to all! PS-Happy New Year
  3. M

2002 4.0 Lean when cold, Rich when hot, A real headahce

Technical Service Bulletin; from dealer for common problems they acknowledge but aren't enough for a recall
  4. M

Suddenly NO gear engagement on 02 4.0 EB! son left lights on and keys inside; jimmied door and trans is "missing"!

Initially thought there may be a large fuse somewhere on the trans itself not the fuse box. Sorry to have you look up something I should have...thanks again! PS-I posted a few videos showing the current behavior... one more thing...inserting the ignition key was very difficult according to my...
  5. M

Charged battery started truck right up but still no transmission activity. I made two videos showing a few weird things going on: -moving sheft lever through all gears has speedo showing some drift, even up to an apparent ~20-25 mph without any movement or sound whatsoever -weird whirring/...
  6. M

Hi, all, Thanks for the responses! An update is the battery didn't really old a charge in the morning so I charged it overnight. The battery is new-ish (perhaps 6 months, new AAA premier battery). I haven't put it in yet but regarding the above suggestions: haven't checked the fluid since the...
  7. M

Greetings all! Odd series of events. My 02 has 296k mi (second engine) and had trans rebuilt maybe 120-150k back. Son is back from college and didn't know how to turn off lights, thinking they were automatic. Battery fully drained, locked with keys inside. Called AAA to jimmy the lock using the...
  8. M

Help removing Ford-tool side fuel line from Gas Filter

spent a couple of hours on my back and many more checking for videos on the single connection to the fuel rail from the filter. Had the OEM loaner set from autozone...had several other fuel line tools. Saw many posts about stuck or difficult to remove and most say just keep trying. eventually...
  9. M

Vacuum Hose and Coolant Line Diagrams

you can check the schematic that is usually on the underside of the hood as well for the vacuum/egr stuff
  10. M

Fuel tank pressure is 0 psi on Forscan? other emission issues [re: P0171 P0174 P0401 P0442]

Greetings! Background: CEL on. P0171 and P0174 with P0401 and P0442 as added bonus! Hooked up to full version of forscan and it shows a 0 psi reading for my tank pressure. Do forscan or explorers (2002 v6 vinE) have that sensor or is mine bad or is a monumental leak likely? If anyone can make...
  11. M

Rear sensor

I have my backup sensor light on and one of the free version obd2 iPhone scanners was able to read which sensor was bad. Mine was left outer which has a chip on the surface. Not sure which one it was since I downloaded a bunch and haven’t been able to figure out which one I like best…hope this...
  12. M

Power Driver Seat Stuck

yeah, my 02 has about 230k and does all types of strange things, most often the gauges all pin hard right for about a second or so, drop down to zero and then resume normal operation...odd. Also, I recently did body mounts 2 and 3 on both sides. Drove to get gas, transmission would not down...
  13. M

To many questions!!

The sensor can go bad but usually the bearing goes bad which trips the sensor. If you replaced the hubs yourself, it is much easier the next time you do it. I had bought many items for my 02 from Detroit Axle and their bearings now have 10 year warranties...hope this helps. One thing to watch...
  14. M

Power Driver Seat Stuck

moved mine completely forward where it got stuck...motor had life but tracks no movement...read whole thread. It is true, just gently reach onto one or both of the main threaded drive screws with a channel lock or other similar device (don't have to even grab it too strongly) and rotate the...
  15. M

How To: Replacing Upper Ball Joints on a 3rd Gen 4x4 [Pictures]

similar thing happened to me with beilstein rear shocks for my expedition...actually went to a shop and after taking everything apart, we discovered a front and rear shock in a pair of rear shock boxes. couldn't locate another one anywhere local so i had to quickly find and install monroe which...
  16. M

Is this body mount ok?

I concur...only Dorman makes non-OE mounts and it seems Ford no longer sells them for position 2 or B...
  17. M

2002 Explorer XLt 4L 4x2 cranks but won't start

Found my problem to be a minor crack in the clip that holds the wires to the inertia switch. It seems that the wires had sporadic contact and would sometimes prevent starting due to intermittent lack of continuity. Scavenged a new connector from a wreck...
  18. M

2002 EB Crank/no-start vinE 4.0 SOHC fuel pressure puzzlement

No, standard gas...wound up taking it in and not sure of where, etc but issue stemmed from faulty/poor grounds and intermittent inertia switch continuity...thanks!
  19. M

I have an early build 02 with nearly identical diagnoses!
  20. M

A better tool is the sheet metal shears from harbor freight: 14 gauge 4 Amp Heavy Duty Metal Shears used it a few years back and posted a video...
  21. M

2004 Explorer - Crank, No Start Fuel Pump Only Getting 9.5 volts

Hi, Did you ever find a solution? I have odd fuel problems as well! Thanks!
  22. M

Feel like I'm being shunned!? ;)

I will retest again but what I am trying to convey is that with meter on resistance, when probes don't touch, it reads 1, and when touching, it reads 0. I had the black probe to the sheet metal floor pan (with scraping to make good contact) and walked around each pin socket on the harness side...
  23. M

2002 EB Crank/no-start vinE 4.0 SOHC fuel pressure puzzlement

Yeah, I was surprised too...we do have the ethanol. When the most recent trouble started, I had to get gas at a station that had signs saying they were out of gas but if I didn't, I would have ran out and I needed to pick up my son...not making an excuse but a potential source? The jug I pumped...
  24. M

Feel like I'm being shunned!? ;)

Hi all, I made two posts recently regarding my odd fuel pump issue...many views yet no replies (except one to myself to clarify...). Is it too odd of a problem? The truck is immovable (under it's own power) and am running out of graces borrowing friend's car...here are the posts: 2002 EB fuel...
Back