Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

True 4wd? Or awd?

I know you said that when you put your Ex into Snow mode and look at the graphic, you only see it start out in front wheel drive however, I have had a different experience with mine. I have a 2015 XLT and have had two snows this year. I used Normal, Snow and Sand throughout my commute in both...
  2. O

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

I also have a 2015 XLT and do not have this issue. During the first 200 miles, I did smell a rotten egg smell when exiting the vehicle but that has since gone away. I have on a couple occasions put the pedal to the floor and I don't smell anything inside my vehicle and neither does my wife. By...
  3. O

The 3.7 vs the Turbo 3.5

The State Police in MD have Mustang GT's with the V8. Is this not normal? Was that a special order?
  4. O

True 4wd? Or awd?

You live in Chicago. Get some dedicated Winter tires.
  5. O

The 3.7 vs the Turbo 3.5

Of course the 3.7 naturally aspirated engine isn't going to be as powerful as the 3.5 twin turbo. If you need the extra power for towing or if you're just one of those guys who needs to go fast then get the 3.5 twin turbo. Personally, I went with the 3.7 because I didn't feel like spending...
  6. O

22" Wheels For Explorer

They are some nice looking wheels. Love the black with the chrome lip.
  7. O

Steering Wander

No wander here with my '15 XLT. I drive at about 75 on the highway.
  8. O

18" or 20" Wheels?!?!?!

I didn't really base my decision off of the handling/corning expectations. I just couldn't really tell a difference in softness between the two. Both road smoother than any car or truck I've ever owned. I mainly liked the 20's because I felt like the 18's looked tiny on the Gen 5 Explorer. Too...
  9. O

18" or 20" Wheels?!?!?!

I test drove an Explorer with 18" wheels and came home with one that had 20" wheels. My wife and I thought the Explorer was smooth during the test drive and we still think it's smooth driving it around some of the worst roads in the nation. The Engineers at Ford didn't just offer 20's because...
  10. O

Sport wheels/grill on XLT?

The seats are "half-leather" I suppose. When the dealer subscribed them to me, I wasn't really interested until I saw and sat in them. Not only did the Miko inserts add a bit of flare to the interior, they also felt more comfortable to me. I've owned nothing but cars with leather for the past 15...
  11. O

Sport wheels/grill on XLT?

If you're getting a 2015 XLT then just add the appearance package. It gives you the 20" Sport Wheels, Explorer Hood Badge, Magnetic Painted Grill, Painted badge on the liftgate and best of all......Leather Trimmed Miko Suede Seats. If you want the blacked out tail lights then just buy the...
  12. O

Explorer ABS and steering response saved my familys life last night.

I knew that police were allowed to respond to emergencies without an audible warning. MD law actually states any Emergency vehicle can respond without the use of an audible warning depending on the emergency. At the end of the day, I don't even think a siren would have made a difference. The...
  13. O

Look everyone.....For the last time, I didn't create this post to discuss my speed. If you want to discuss it then the last thing I am going to say is that 50mph was an estimate since the speed limit was 45mph and I usually find myself doing no more than 5mh over the speed limit (especially with...
  14. O

I am always misspelling words like that. "Theirs" a whole host of them that give me problems when I'm trying to type something in a hurry. It's all good though. Every forum has a few grammar police patrolling the threads.
  15. O

18" or 20" Wheels?!?!?!

My 2015 XLT with the Appearance package doesn't have polished 20's. I assumed you were referring to those.
  16. O

I almost called the precinct when we got home but 30 minutes had already passed, I didn't get a car number and it would have been his word against mine. I just didn't feel like it would get anywhere. By the way, I have an EVOC card and a Non-Commercial Class B License. I drive a Fire Engine...
  17. O

The speed limit was 45 and I was probably doing somewhere between 45 and 50. Around here, you are not speeding until you go over 5mph over the speed limit. This incident isn't about who and who wasn't speeding. My speed also would have had nothing to do if this accident were to occur. In regards...
  18. O

I just thought I'd share my story regarding what happened to me and my family last night while driving home from dinner. I always knew the breaks on my '15 XLT were good but not this good. We were driving home last night along a main road that had a speed limit of 45mph. We were approaching...
  19. O

18" or 20" Wheels?!?!?!

I don't think the Sport Rims are polished. Also, the 18" may offer a smoother ride but saying they handle better is not true. The stock 20's on the Sport should handle better than the stock 18's on the XLT.
  20. O

Considering Lincoln MKT or Explorer Sport

MKT.....................Dat grill
  21. O

Quality Issues with my 2013 XLT

Damn....Looks like you have some bad luck
  22. O

Possible to "code" The explorer?

I wish there was a way we could code Seat and Mirror memory to each key fob. The Limiteds have this feature so I see no reason why the XLT with the upgraded seats can't have this feature. I'm sure it's just a setting in the system menu somewhere.
  23. O

Decent replacement headlight bulbs

So are you saying the lights work fine when switched on manually and that they only do this when the auto on feature is enabled?
  24. O

New / Need Explorer Advice

Visibility is great. If you didn't mind the visibility in the Liberty then you sure won't mind it in the Explorer. I drove my sister in-laws Liberty once and I felt like I was looking out of a M1 Abram. It literally felt like I was looking out of a tank. It could have been a Patriot instead of a...
Back