Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

2020 Explorer

Peter: To be precise the 12.1" digital display is OK... when I wrote dash, I was referring to the entire "dash" - from one side to the other - aka instrument panel. Clearly a matter of preference. Signature updated :)
  2. S

2020 Explorer

Well….my wife choose not to order the 2020 ST even though it has a ton of nice features +’s: 400Hp/415 Tq + 10 speed trans + 3.31 gears = she should pull pretty hard; LED low & high beams; 360 degree camera; 980W B&O Sound; High Performance Brake package; P275 tires offer an extra inch of...
  3. S

2020 Explorer

I was also not aware of that. Could not see the $1000 rebate on the Costco site but... I assume it shows up during the quote preparation phase. Costco is getting really hard to match for big stuff.....Used Costco for our last few family vacations - nobody could come close to their deals...
  4. S

2020 Explorer

What is D-plan and A-Z plan ?
  5. S

2020 Explorer

I'm guessing (guess only) .. we'll see once Ford releases more details . Going to be very similar to 2019 Edge ST (which is actually a little porkier).... Brembo / PowerStop ... Street Front: (345x32mm) rotor; no cross drilling; not floating; vented; 48mm dual piston Rear: (315x19mm) rotor...
  6. S

2020 Explorer

Article noting rear impact improvement ... be nice to know if this also applies to non police versions? Ford's 2020 Explorer for police has hidden lifesaving design feature
  7. S

2020 Explorer

I realize that information is hard to come by so far... but...that's what forums are for... to help each other share what we uncover.... Adding to my list of ST performance questions (hopefully that we will get answers to someday) . What does the Twin turbo HP/TQ curves look like?
  8. S

2020 Explorer

Hey guys... seems like a number of people on this forum that are better connected to Ford that most. I'm not sure if this is the right place but I'd really like to see a thread on 2020 ST performance engineering. What makes it special from a performance standpoint... I can see there is a...
  9. S

2020 Explorer

======== Kinda ticked me off (a serious WTF moment) when we discovered (at the the Detroit Auto Show) that Ford was not letting anyone into the Explorer or Aviator.
  10. S

Live Stream of 2020 Ford Explorer Reveal

Peter…Be checking it out at the Detroit auto show - we’ll see. I’ll give it a chance … wife likes her 15 Sport (I do to) …. roomy, 3 rows… handles well and at 365hp is enough to get the mass moving. Overall – what we’re looking for is an improved sport (st) … move power.. better braking...
  11. S

Live Stream of 2020 Ford Explorer Reveal

total disappointment ...this is the best they can do for their new platform ...wtf......moving on from explorers....time will tell but IMHO ford just screwed up one of the best selling vehicles in the country.....
  12. S

A/C Rear Line Leak

My two cents: 2015 Explorer Sport. Barely 3 years old but out of warranty due to mileage. A/C stopped cooling. 2 Holes - both inaccessible. Seems rather a stretch that a rock punched a hole in fairly new steel lines. Dealership wanted $1800 . Asked for service manager to call but...
  13. S

2018 Navigator said to have 450hp 3.5L

Hmm - so the 18's also won't get the 10 speed. To bad - wife likes her 15 sport but close to time to trade. Agree that the sport need another 100hp to really make a statement .... coupled with a 10 speed it would get my $$. Have to look around - hard to drop 60k on 2018 explorer that is...
  14. S

Snow Driving

We got our first 10” blast a few days ago. Took my wife’s 15 Sport out for a snow cruise. I forgot how much of a beast it is with the 20” Blizzak’s. Continue to like her sport ....especially in deep snow
  15. S

My new 347

As a car guy I'm really sorry to read your struggles. Not an engine builder but had a 347 (actually 349) in my Cobra. I hung around the FFCARS forum a lot in the past - for sure a ton of professional engine builders on there. One of the take aways that all seemed to agree on was to never...
  16. S

Explorer's Poor Headlights

2015 here.....as noted in earlier post,...swap to the 9011's....big improvement.
  17. S

2016 Ford Explorer vs Jeep Grand Cherokee

In 15’ we also compared the Durango Hemi , Jeep Summit Hemi and Explorer Sport. Ruled out Durango almost immediately – cheap looking interior, soft (mushy ride) and even with the Hemi it seemed sluggish. To set the stage we like FCA vehicles having recently purchased a 14’ Wrangler and 14’...
  18. S

Lease up 2016 debate 2016 ex or 2017 xt5 cadillac

Miami - same here except I would also ad Escalade…..until this year. The black versions of these really remind me of a hearse.
  19. S

My First Ford!! 2016 Explorer!!

First off - Congrat's - welcome to the club. This is one of Ford's better vehicles. The Explorer is however, deceptively wide (you realize that once you're inside). I notice a lot of drivers favoring the right side of the lane. Do yourself a favor (pretend you're a new driver) and test...
  20. S

2016 Limited or Sport

Caveat - the Sport is my wife's but I like to drive it - very comfortable for long rides and around town - absolutely no regrets. She has the 15 Sport which was not available with park assist.
  21. S

2016 Limited or Sport

if you're going to tow,the sport is a great choice with 365ft/lb torque @ 3500rpm...
  22. S

My new ride - 2016 Sport

nice - congrat's
  23. S

Ford HID Kit worth getting from Ford parts?

Blwn: look at the link in post #15 . summary….There is a slightly longer plastic tab on the 9011"s. just trim the tab ….takes about 1 minute
  24. S

Questions 2016 Explorer Sport

Don't know about the 16 but the 15 Sport clusters can be easily reconfigured to show a tach or other things (On left) …the changes are made with the left bank of steering wheel switches… the right bank of switches is used to show radio, nav, etc. I think it comes to down to the paddle...
  25. S

Ford HID Kit worth getting from Ford parts?

Just to be sure….like all halogens… wear gloves to keep the oil on your fingers off the bulb
Back