Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Exit32

My 2022 Aviator order status and timeline

Looks like things are beginning to move again at Ford's Chicago Assembly Plant (CAP) where they build Explorers and Aviators. I ordered a 2022 Aviator to replace my 2020 Explorer and thought I'd share my Aviator's timeline. I'm guessing I'll take delivery in October: 30-Mar-2021: Order placed...
  2. Exit32

Disfunctional Voice Control of Navigation

I know that voice commands are being understood and executed by my Explorer, but noticed that Navigation functions are not responsive to my voice commands. For example, when I press the TALK button on the steering wheel and say "Navigation," I am presented with a Speak Now prompt and a list of...
  3. Exit32

FordPass Rewards points for new-vehicle purchase

I took delivery of my 2020 Platinum on September 13 and expected to receive 42,000 FordPass Reward points as promised within 30 days of purchase. According to my FordPass app, I haven't received the points so I started a chat session with a FordPass "Guide." The Guide asked for my Explorer's...
  4. Exit32

Complimentary FordPass Remote Features from FoMoCo

Today, Ford Motor Company announced they will provide complimentary FordPass remote features to owners of Ford vehicles equipped with FordPass Connect. This means we will not have to pay for FordPass Connect service (e.g., the ability to remotely start/stop/unlock) after the one-year of free...
  5. Exit32

Rhythmic / pulsating static on AM radio only when moving

I realize that I'm probably the only one here who listens to AM radio, but there's a local oldies station I tune into once in a while. Problem is, my Explorer's AM radio generates loud, pulsating static noise to the point where all I can hear is the pulsating static. The weird thing is this...
  6. Exit32

View from Beneath a 2020 Explorer

Thought some forum members would like to see what the underside of a 2020 Explorer looks like, so I put my new Platinum up in the air and rolled around the floor on a creeper snapping some pics. Three things caught my eye: 1. There's an "Adaptive Valve" on the inlet to the muffler. I've never...
  7. Exit32

Why the same MPG for ST and Platinum?

Wondering why the 2020 Explorer ST and Platinum advertise identical MPG numbers on their window stickers: 18 MPG city, 24 MPG highway, 20 MPG combined. The ST has the more powerful engine and a 3.58 axle ratio, while the Platinum has a de-tuned engine and a 3.31 axle ratio. Based on these...
  8. Exit32

2021 Explorer Timberline - "Offroad" Edition

Interesting article by Car and Driver Magazine about the design of the ST's exhaust tips. I'd guess the Platinum gets the same tips: 2020 Ford Explorer ST's Exhaust Tips – Fake or Real? The article says Ford has confirmed the reason for the weird tips is to prevent soot buildup. That may be...
  9. Exit32

2020 Silver Spruce Platinum ordered

FWIW, here's the timeline thus far on my Silver Spruce 2020 Explorer Platinum: -- Order placed: 09-Feb-2019 -- In Order Processing (Unscheduled Clean): 20-Feb-2019 -- VIN assigned (1FM5K8HC3LGAxxxxx): 18-Apr-2019 -- Scheduled build (week of): 17-Jun-2019 I will post updates as I receive them.
  10. Exit32

2020 Explorer and Aviator Order Guides

Here is the complete 2020 Ford Explorer Order Guide attached.
  11. Exit32

Factory oil filter dissection

My 2018 Explorer Platinum with 3.5 Ecoboost was approaching the thousand-mile mark, and I decided to replace the factory-fill motor oil with Mobil 1 5w30 Extended Performance and swap-in a new Motorcraft FL-500S oil filter to take the place of the factory filter. Everything looked good during...
  12. Exit32

Ordered My New 2018 Explorer

I ordered a 2018 Explorer Platinum on August 9. I got to choose the vehicle and my wife selected the color. This time, it's going to be the new Burgundy Velvet Metallic Tinted Clearcoat -- the longest paint-color name I've ever seen. If Ford's current scheduling and production schedule is...
  13. Exit32

Vehicle Health Report question

Yesterday, I ran a Vehicle Health Report on my 2016 Platinum. I expected a clean bill of health and was surprised to see a big red exclamation mark telling me that service is required because there's a "TC, IVD, or RSC OFF Indication". I checked to make sure that Stability Control was still...
  14. Exit32

Battery voltage while Explorer sleeps

We've had a lot of salt and slop on the roads here lately, so I decided to keep my 2016 Platinum indoors and drive my ol' Buick Rainier until conditions improve. While my Explorer slept, I was curious to know how much the battery would discharge during a week of inactivity, so I connected a...
  15. Exit32

Missing roof-rack thumbwheels

I've been reading my 2016 Explorer owners manual from cover to cover and discovered how to use the new flush roof racks to tie-down light loads. The section is called ROOF RACKS AND LOAD CARRIERS and it starts on Page 234 of the manual. Then on page 235, the manual says: "A thumbwheel kit is...
  16. Exit32

View from beneath 2016 Explorer Platinum

I picked up my 2016 Platinum two days ago, and I'm thoroughly impressed with this vehicle. One of the first things I do when I get a new car is put it up my lift and check out the underside to see "what makes it tick." This time, I had my camera with me, and I took a bunch of photos while I was...
  17. Exit32

Difference between STOCK and RETAIL orders

I placed my order for a 2016 Explorer Platinum before Christmas last year and have been waiting patiently since then. Yesterday, I once again reviewed my copy of the dealer's Order Summary and noticed that it indicates a STOCK order rather than a RETAIL order. It also indicates Priority Code 80...
Back