Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Glasken

durability of the d35

Gonna necro this thread to add my 2c. My 1st gen started with open diff front and rear. Swapped the rear with a 2nd gen with a tired limited slip. Finally, regeared the rear, refurbed the rear limited slip and added a jeep trac-loc up front. Impressions so far: Open diffs - fine for the...
  2. Glasken

Driveshaft u-joint "conversion"

After the mods, there are no more vibrations from the rear at speed. Very happy with the job by AZ diff and driveshaft. Since the driveshaft was modded, we made a few changes to the rear including new spring perches, 1 more inch of lift, and a corrected pinion angle. Drives much better on the...
  3. Glasken

Custom Front-End renderings--MSPaint goodness inside

Keep us posted! I know a few who would be interested in such a kit. Gives the rigs a very "classic" look. Depending on the size of light being used, could easily swap in a 7" *gasp* Jeep Halo light ;)
  4. Glasken

Custom Front-End renderings--MSPaint goodness inside

This looks great! Did you pull out the stock assembly and just glue in the round lamps? Got a how-to or parts list? I would be very interesting in doing this to my rig! Damn good work!
  5. Glasken

Moab 2018 Dates June 1 - 3

Blitz and I are planning an extended trip to Colorado around this time. We might just sneak a few days in Moab June 1-2 at the beginning of the trip =) Count us in at least for Friday/Saturday. ...need to get cracking on fixing the truck. Thing is leaking just about every fluid :banghead...
  6. Glasken

Saginaw power steering pump conversion journey

Thanks for posting this write-up and parts list. I plan on doing this conversion soon on my rig as I have managed to kill both my steering gear and PS pump...again. That pump is louder than my engine most of the time and is always struggling with 35s. I'll let you know if I am successful!
  7. Glasken

Moab 2017

We survived!! K&Q were awesome and helped out a bunch when hubris got the better of me and lead us into a snow-packed trail. Hardest green rated trip ever. Lots of fun though once it became apparent that we could get out by winching. We spent Monday doing Chicken Corners and Fins and Things...
  8. Glasken

Moab 2017

Gassing up at the City Market. We will be in the parking lot across from the Starbucks sign.
  9. Glasken

Moab 2017

Early this morning we were greeted by some fresh snow in Flagstaff! Very pretty, but we are glad it's warmer in Moab!
  10. Glasken

Moab 2017

I think our group have finally all arrived and gotten settled!! If you are at the KOA, stop by D9 for some early morning coffee at 6am. If not we'll see you at the City Market at 7am!
  11. Glasken

Moab 2017

Game plan is to meet at the City Market tomorrow at 7am for food, fuel, and drivers meeting. We'll pick a trail st the meeting and head out by 8am. We also have another group checking in at 10pm coming from flag.
  12. Glasken

Moab 2017

We made it!! Just checked in. We are at D9.
  13. Glasken

Moab 2017

We will probably end up in Moab tomorrow around ten Am. Little late for the meetup at the City Market. Tower Arch is on the menu. We'll check in at the KOA first.
  14. Glasken

Moab 2017

Bugger!! We had one of our explorers bust a transmission on the way up to flagstaff. WAiting on a tow. We may end up staying overnight in Flsg before continuing to Moab.
  15. Glasken

Ended up taking my stock driveshaft to have the correct double cardan joint welded on, and the shaft itself resized. Fits really well so far. We'll see how it works on the trails.
  16. Glasken

Love your rig man! Question for ya: while doing some research for a ******* build I'm putting...

Love your rig man! Question for ya: while doing some research for a ******* build I'm putting together I came to notice your lift. What type of lift is it /what company was it from? I have one that looks IDENTICAL that is off of an 88 Bronco II that I am trying to adapt to my Ex and knowing the...
  17. Glasken

I see what you mean. Looks like the shaft itself also has a piece that fits into the middle bearing. Guess like I'm headed to the scrapyard again.
  18. Glasken

That was the question I was originally asking. Care to explain why adding the missing pieces wouldn't work?
  19. Glasken

I'm sitting at about 8* off relative to the tcase. Small update: I went ahead and ordered the 95/96 explorer h-yoke and an extra u-joint. Will see if that solves my problem or not. Will be back in a bit with the results. Thanks for the advice everyone!!
  20. Glasken

Provided the yoke fits my driveshaft, this is what I am hoping the setup would look like after adding the h-yoke: My driveshaft currently has a connection that looks like the bottom one in this image, and would like to add the h-yoke as shown on top: Hope that helps clarify my intentions...
  21. Glasken

Hey guys, oddball question for ya: Would it be possible to add a double cardan cv h yoke to the transfer case side of the rear drive shaft in a 1993 4 door explorer? Stay with me a second... So I did a SOA conversion, and because I didn't check my math when we welded the new perches I have...
  22. Glasken

Moab 2017

Thank Rick! Will you be along with us? So far our official headcount is 17, we may pick up some stragglers so 20 works out well. Thanks for making the reservation!
  23. Glasken

Lowering Shackles

You would be able to use a shorter shackle to get a small drop. I find myself in a situation where a SOA gives me a bit too much lift and Im looking to use some OEM shackles off a Jeep XJ (1" shorter than our stock shackles) to drop it a bit, along with removing the overload leaf. In your case...
  24. Glasken

Moab 2017

That brings us to 17 or so. The Bandit Customs boys wont be able to make it this year. :(
  25. Glasken

SOA - Welding Options

Thank you for the quick reply, I'll have a look into the other thread. My buddy has a 110 mig welder that I might be able to talk him out of for a weekend. Makes me feel better knowing someone else has managed this mod themselves without much issue, so thank you for that!
Back