Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Ranchos or Spacers?

Thanks for the hook up! Might order them this weekend then just need to figure out tires.
  2. R

Ranchos or Spacers?

TechGuru - What did you do to get that discount on rock auto? I am not sure why my original price was at $725, when I looked at the Ranchos this morning I was coming up with $690 with shipping included then will be able to do the $80 rebate. That sounds like a good deal to me at $600 after...
  3. R

Ranchos or Spacers?

Yes, it is 4x4 and I am planning to replace all 4 corners then take to have the tires installed and alignment done.
  4. R

Ranchos or Spacers?

Took my 05 4.0 in for an alignment and was told I need front struts along with two new tires. Since I am already pulling the struts out, I am thinking I might as well add a small lift while I am in there. I just hit 188K on the vehicle and it is my daily driver which I put 11-14K miles per...
  5. R

Did I just kill my transfer case?

Thank you p71, I owe you a few beers. Your suggestion worked and I have not found any leaks since refilling the transfer case Saturday afternoon. To note what I did, drained the transfer case over night. All dripping stopped by the morning and I swabbed any fluid out of the case with a shop...
  6. R

4.0 Air Filter

I read a post on here awhile ago about aFe power air filters and was wondering everyone's opinion on options other than motorcraft filters. I have found: 1. aFe POWER 30-10074 Magnum FLOW Pro 5R Air Filter, 2. aFe POWER 31-10074 Magnum FLOW Pro DRY S Air Filter, and the 3. K&N 33-2207 High...
  7. R

Thanks for all the info. I will probably pull the plug out on Friday night to let it drain then soak up any remaining with some rags on Saturday morning before I seal it up for good.
  8. R

I am not worried about how it looks, especially on the underside. I just got the leak to slow up this morning but need to drive it about 180 miles to Virginia tonight for work for the week. I am going to top off the fluid and bring an extra bottle and siphon pump then maybe top it off before I...
  9. R

http://imgur.com/OdNUvaS http://imgur.com/GsVRh4a I just backed out the plug a few turns and the leak is much slower. Still leaking a little though. Any suggestions?
  10. R

This is giving me hope. Can i take out the fill plug, apply some RTV to the threads then switch that into the drain plug? I am only asking to make it a little easier instead of having most of the fluid leak out and make a larger mess. If the plugs are not interchangeable, I can just drain it...
  11. R

Changed the transfer case fluid last week at 186K miles. I decided it would be a good time to begin changing all of the drivetrain fluids (trans case, front and rear diffs, tranny). I crawled underneath today to check for leaks before starting on the rear diff and saw a small amount of fluid...
  12. R

Whats this noise? Help please

Thank you everyone for the trouble shooting. Ended up being the front u-joint. When I crawled under to look at it I could bang it around with out the wheels off the ground. All the needle bearings from one of the caps were gone. All the info on this site was super helpful and got me through...
  13. R

Does the front u-joint spin while driving in 2WD? This is a 4WD model. What is best way to test for myself, jack up the rear wheels on jack stands then put it into neutral and try spinning the drive shaft while looking underneath?
  14. R

I have been trying to narrow down this noise for months and can not get to the bottom of it. At first I tried the sway bar link ends as one bushing was shot. I replaced the complete rear brakes, including the e-brakes. Front pads and one rotor were also replaced. I am thinking it may drive...
  15. R

P1812 Code

Thank you. I need to get the nipple or the pipe fitting others have posted about to check out the fluid this weekend. If it is burnt, are you recommending then change the TFT sensor? If not burnt, then what would you suggest?
  16. R

P1812 Code

Not in the past two years. I have never checked the tranny fluid myself on this vehicle. I know it is a closed system with no dipstick or easy fill. Any suggestions?
  17. R

P1812 Code

I did read through that but there is not a ton of info there. Their recommendation sounds like replace the TFT sensor. Do you think that would cause the vehicle to act up when on the gas and going over bumps? I can run the vehicle fine for hours if I keep off the gas when going over bumps.
  18. R

P1812 Code

Has anyone came across this code and found a fix? I was not able to find much on this forum for this specific code: P1812. I ran a Snap On scanner and this is what I am getting. I cleared the code and going to give a little time to see if it comes back up. How I got to this point is, I have...
Back