Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Help with TT Shackle lift and fitting tires

The AAL (Add a Leaf) part number EXP13120 come with two leafs, one for each side; you only need one kit/pair.
  2. C

Mine is 4WD. I am not sure if it matters, but I would double check the Advanced Auto Parts website and do a search on your model to confirm.
  3. C

Roof Rack Weight Limit?

Original thread is from 2012, but I thought I read somewhere 100 lbs. - I will try to confirm (or someone else can) ***EDIT - Looks like 100 lbs. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185026 http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323502...
  4. C

5r55e trams help!!!

Most certainly does (completely assembled) - I searched and found the VB on eBay. The VB was a complete plug-and-play. Arrived quick and packaged very nice.
  5. C

No problem at all; Rancho RS5000 Series Shock - Part No RS5185 and Part No RS5374 Paid $218.36 for all four delivered to the door from Advanced Auto Parts
  6. C

5r55e trams help!!!

I was in the same boat (minus the reverse clunking). I would pull the valve body off and look at the separating gasket (right on top as you drop the VB) - this will tell you REAL quick if you are having fluid blowing by causing the 2-3 slip - maybe even with the reverse issue, but I am not...
  7. C

5r55e trams help!!!

I started to get the 2-3 flare and reverse never clunked, but always felt like it was slipping a bit. O/D light started to blink and when I turned the motor off, back on it would work OK for a bit then flare within a mile. I immediately parked the truck. I rolled the dice and bought a...
  8. C

Some say you do not have to, but I had to replace my shocks anyways as they were shot - I went with the Rancho extended. I think as long as you are not offroading and going to flex the snot out of your suspension you will be OK. I do not think I will ever get to the maximum length of mine...
  9. C

Finished 2 inch Body lift!

There are 8 total spacers you will need. I just did a 3" lift - http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=419615 - 9th post down in this thread I used the bolt length from a post somewhere here in the forum, but you will have to convert mm to inch, and subtract 1" from the bolt...
  10. C

All I had to do was trim the plastic crap behind the front wheel - but after the body lift, no issues! LOL! I could EASILY put 33's under it now - and might do so after the 32's wear out, but I kinda like the look of the 32's and it is not mucking with the shifting and the speedo is not far off...
  11. C

My build thread for reference, good luck! - http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=419615
  12. C

I have a 2000 XLS and did WAR 153 Shackles, AAL and TT - I put 32x11.5 on the front and still rubbed on the front. I probably could have twisted the front a bit more but did not want to push the limit - I trimmed some of the plastic to clear. (First picture) After the 3" body lift, I had NO...
  13. C

Feeling bumps in 4 wheel drive

Since power is applied to the front wheels (now being driven) you will feel an increase of road 'feedback' through the front end, but it should not be a lot - but noticeable. As far as the rear end jumping I am at a loss on this unless the front end was gripping and the rear end came loose with...
  14. C

Explorer 2000 oil and filter? And advice

Fram Filters and whatever the cheapest Dyno oil their is - changing at 5k intervals on all my vehicles, never had an engine problem. Even the WalMart brand oil is good stuff. Only exception is the 2013 F150 (5.0 liter), it calls for synthetic blend or full synthetic - I do run full synthetic...
  15. C

Removing Transmission Shift Cable from Metal Tab

Figured it out, the tabs were collapsed, it came right out...
  16. C

Removing Transmission Shift Cable from Metal Tab

Last night I replaced the VB as I had a serious blowout of the gasket (see thread) I am going to adjust the bands and want to move my shift cable out of the way but for the life of me cannot figure out how/where the release tabs are to separate the cable. I can remove the end of the...
  17. C

Beginning of the 2-3 shift

As suspected, the valve body (VB) gasket blew out - pretty bad LOL! I went for a rebuilt valve body and will tear this down to inspect to see what it looks like; screens and passageways, but do not expect anything too bad. I guess by changing the fluid might have caused whatever is was holding...
  18. C

97 Explorer wont start///electrical??

Couple things which stick out from reading here recently with cold weather; Theft light on dash blinking rapidly? If so, PATS issue. People have said when it is really cold out, the PATS module with poor solder joints will fail until it is warm in the cabin. Fuel pump making sound when you...
  19. C

Beginning of the 2-3 shift

Whelp - mine started the 2-3 flare, with no jerking when it went into 3rd. By the time I got home the OD light was flashing and I stopped at the mailbox to get the mail and it would barely move forward. I turned off the motor, restarted and it moved fine up the driveway, but I pulled it in the...
  20. C

Another way to lift

I had the same issue as you, except for the dropped front end. The ends of my springs do have a slight downwards bow, but I rolled the dice and went with the AAL, WAR 153, TT, new tires/rims, new Rancho extended shocks. I could not be happier with the way it turned out...
  21. C

Clevalley's '00 XLS Build Thread

Hardest thing I ever had to do was bury my Dad, it is tough but time eases the pain. :thumbsup: I thought about leaving the sway bar off, but I kind of like the stiff front end - well, at least now. It does seem to be settling and I need to check my ride height to ensure it has not moved...
  22. C

The radiator mounts, front body mounts and other body mounts which spin you need to people. The front body mounts I placed a series of extensions and with a socket on the end from the top (son held that) and I used an impact gun on the bottom. Only had one bushing spin - passenger side # 3. I...
  23. C

So far I am liking it. Drive-ability seems to be fine but you can definitely tell your center of gravity is higher, but stiffening the suspension made a world of difference as there is no body roll. I debated about the higher $$$ suspension lifts, but at nearly $1500 that is what I paid for...
  24. C

Engine Block Heater

I had a block heater on my old 2008 F-250 SD Diesel and loved it - kind of need one on a diesel when temps drop below 20F, makes warm up much easier (especially on a diesel). I ordered one for my 2000 Explorer and am going to install it when I change the coolant. I plan on using it when the...
  25. C

F150 - Ecoboost vs. V8

When we bought our 2013 F-150 I debated about the V8 (5.0) and EcoBoost. I went with the 5.0 because it is a proven engine, even though it is not the same 5.0 from years past, it is basically the same. The EcoBoost is one hell of an engine, but we tow a lot with our F-150 (horses) and I was...
Back